Obviously big spoilers up ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post
    For reason 5. The text at the end is at the end of all 3 it is just about go back and play what you skipped. Ok no shit just like in one it save you right befor stating the citadel and in 2 right befor jumping the omega relay.

reason 4 the reppers are there to stop a syntetic from wiping out all life not just the space flight capable ones . kill the most power full bio before it can fuck up by makeing a synthetic that will kill us all.

reason 3 we dont need the relays if just makes like faster and the way they are deatroyed is not the same as blowing them up you see the blue/green/red hit people and not kill them . and as for the ship being in hyper space what the fuck do you think joker would do getting the com chatter that the mission was a fail every one was dead shep and the rest.

reason 2 the ending for the idea that even sythetic are life is the green one... not the blue or red the green.

reason 1 your choices got you to the end and you have to make one final choice key word final choice not some bs about i want my choice to last past me3 in some off the wall hope you get a 4th.

the ending fits well with every thing the the game did just was not how you wanted it to end sorry but i side with the creator . even if i wanted the all happy ending.

Even if I only understand half of your post:
    Reason 5: I don't agree with you here. While you can save and see the differences of ME 1 / 2's endings, they are much more visible and existent than in 3.
    • ME 1: Save the council or concentrate on Sovereign? Choosing the Council improves humanity's political image as an aggressor, while the other option improves humanity's military prowess relative to the other races. Choose the power-hungry Udina or the reasonable, wise Anderson?
    • ME 2: Travel right through the Omega 4 relay and save your crew or watch Kelly being reduced to sludge-Kelly? Go through the effort of preparing your suicide mission or watch your team mates die? Make the right calls during the mission or watch your mates die?
    • Decisions were made with a sense of gravity for the situation. In ME 3 however: Kill TIM or reload. Choose a unique color for your explosion. Watch how your squad mates from Earth emerge from the Normandy, together with Joker, whose every bone should be broken.

Reason 4: Yes, probably the weakest link in the article. The Reapers focus exclusively on races having achieved space flight. Why this is done in contrast to eradicating all organic life has been elaborated enough and the author leaves it out. Bad for him and his article.

Reason 3:
    • Conventional FTL travel requires fuel. Considering the Reapers like to destroy infrastructure and a fleet that was previously sustained by the whole galaxy, rather than a single, scorched planet, viable conventional travel and avoidance of interracial conflicts seem impossible.
    • Yes, I agree that the light wave does not necessarily need to wipe out the Normandy like with the Alpha Relay, maybe it was mainly a signal rather than a blastwave and the Normandy got caught up in it, because it was in a FTL jump.
    • Since Joker as a character is written as one of the oldest and most loyal acquaintances of Shepard, I would have expected him to stay. He basically has two options: His commander fails, which likely means the Reapers win. Escaping would be useless. Or he could have faith in his commander's success, like he always had, and stay during the battle and give the Reapers the best fight the Normandy can put up. That would be the Joker I know.

Reason 2: Conceptionally, you are right. But the Mass Effect series also puts a lot of emphasis on free will and the right to find your own way. By forcing the melding of organic and synthetic life, everyone is robbed of that decision. This is very bitter, if you are able to deliver a truce between the Geth and the Quarians only to realize, that the Guardian doesn't even mention it in his ongoing rambling about synthetics necessarily wiping out organics. Because everyone is robbed of that decision, at least Paragon Shepard's previous courses of action are completely defied. This part in the article is extremely well written and should receive the most attention from my point of view.

Reason 1: Well, being caught giving false promises is always bad, but should not be the number one reason for sympathizing with customer disappointment. Those are made by a lot and broken by a lot, so in the end, this doesn't really differ a lot from other companies, only our expectations were way higher. I also think, feeling entitled is always a difficult thing. I would be happy with a non-cliché ending, if it would give a feeling of closure.
    Last edited by Flextt; 2012-03-16 at 12:13 AM.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veight View Post
    Wrong. The series is freaking awesome. I loved every part of it until the last 10 minutes of the third one. /endrant
    I'm the same.

I replayed it. I turned it off after the conversation with Anderson, pretended that the Crucible fired, killed Reapers, Shep & Anderson died but everything else lives on.

Head canon is best canon.

The biggest thing that bothered me was if Catalyst controlled Citadel, protheans modifying keepers' signal should not have kept Catalyst from activating Citadel's relay as explained in the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Reason 4: Yes, probably the weakest link in the article. The Reapers focus exclusively on races having achieved space flight. Why this is done in contrast to eradicating all organic life has been elaborated enough and the author leaves it out. Bad for him and his article.
    Once again, they are committing genocide on a galactic scale with the justification of something worse could possibly happen maybe perhaps.

I never ever got really bad mood about a game storyline but meh i'm so depressed.
    I've just finish the game on insanity difficult level (i died countless times but it was really challenging for that i'm content) only to experience EXACTLEY what people, no offense ofc, who playing on lower difficulties exp'd. If it doesn't matter, how you can explain the fact you spent synergized games with LOTS of event shaping decisions only to end the saga with the most un-related and lazy done ending that if it been taken seriousley (from the look of it, drunk or non BW employees made it) raised more questions than answers.

ME is like establishing astonish statue made of diamonds with head made of lego bricks.

Quote Originally Posted by Oni View Post
    The citadel is part of the catalyst, I don't think it was ever said he controlled it. That's why you are the one who MUST make a choice at the end, cuz he has no control over it. Plus, the kid is Harbinger fucking your head up anyway....
    Catalyst was able to move Citadel to Earth

Deleted
    The ending genuinly depressed me, I'm hoping that leak about free dlc is true, but I have no choice but to wait to decide whether or not to disown Bioware

Quote Originally Posted by Lightfist View Post
    Once again, they are committing genocide on a galactic scale with the justification of something worse could possibly happen maybe perhaps.
    It needed no further clarification as indicated by me. I am well aware of the Reaper's reasoning, the author apparently is not in regards to that reason.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Obviously big spoilers up ahead.

Even if I only understand half of your post:
    Reason 5: I don't agree with you here. While you can save and see the differences of ME 1 / 2's endings, they are much more visible and existent than in 3.
    • ME 1: Save the council or concentrate on Sovereign? Choosing the Council improves humanity's political image as an aggressor, while the other option improves humanity's military prowess relative to the other races. Choose the power-hungry Udina or the reasonable, wise Anderson?
    • ME 2: Travel right through the Omega 4 relay and save your crew or watch Kelly being reduced to sludge-Kelly? Go through the effort of preparing your suicide mission or watch your team mates die? Make the right calls during the mission or watch your mates die?
    • Decisions were made with a sense of gravity for the situation. In ME 3 however: Kill TIM or reload. Choose a unique color for your explosion. Watch how your squad mates from Earth emerge from the Normandy, together with Joker, whose every bone should be broken.

Reason 3:
    • Conventional FTL travel requires fuel. Considering the Reapers like to destroy infrastructure and a fleet that was previously sustained by the whole galaxy, rather than a single, scorched planet, viable conventional travel and avoidance of interracial conflicts seem impossible.
    • Yes, I agree that the light wave does not necessarily need to wipe out the Normandy like with the Alpha Relay, maybe it was mainly a signal rather than a blastwave and the Normandy got caught up in it, because it was in a FTL jump.
    • Since Joker as a character is written as one of the oldest and most loyal acquaintances of Shepard, I would have expected him to stay. He basically has two options: His commander fails, which likely means the Reapers win. Escaping would be useless. Or he could have faith in his commander's success, like he always had, and stay during the battle and give the Reapers the best fight the Normandy can put up. That would be the Joker I know.

Reason 2: Conceptionally, you are right. But the Mass Effect series also puts a lot of emphasis on free will and the right to find your own way. By forcing the melding of organic and synthetic life, everyone is robbed of that decision. This is very bitter, if you are able to deliver a truce between the Geth and the Quarians only to realize, that the Guardian doesn't even mention it in his ongoing rambling about synthetics necessarily wiping out organics. Because everyone is robbed of that decision, at least Paragon Shepard's previous courses of action are completely defied. This part in the article is extremely well written and should receive the most attention from my point of view.

Reason 1: Well, being caught giving false promises is always bad, but should not be the number one reason for sympathizing with customer disappointment. Those are made by a lot and broken by a lot, so in the end, this doesn't really differ a lot from other companies, only our expectations were way higher. I also think, feeling entitled is always a difficult thing. I would be happy with a non-cliché ending, if it would give a feeling of closure.

reason 5 did you do all the n7 missions or skip them go back and do them not go play the 3 endings .all the things you point out about one you dont see till 2 and yes you can go back and kill of all you crew in 2 but you still kill the reeper and pick save or destroy the base red sun or blue sun kind of like 3 but i guess you get a green in 3. the ending text is just about did you play 100% of our game yet. not go buy dlc to get the true end.

reason 3
    one no shit thing got destroyed fuel can be reharvested the whole game has bad times

two you did not fight me ok

three he gets the com it is a fail every one is dead and it is kind of a known thing that the reepers do the job slowly and you can still live a human life before they get to you.

your reason 2: no mass effect is about making do with the choice you are aloud to take you have to kill one crew member in 1 pick one ash dies pick 2 kadan dies no 3 save both. and in 3 you can save one but one other needs to die. 2 was the odd one that one has the happy ending every one can live but it is all so the one that can have the only ending where no one lives. rember that you are talking to a synthetic life at this time it think that even if geth and Quarians don't do it some one will. paragon shep get to join with the reeps to watch over all life from then on.

reason 1 what false promises i got that this is the end and a saw that with the end of all the relays as to a change the end to make you happy that is not your right i can say why change it to make me unhappy.

Deleted
    Butting in on another debate, har har!

Finished the picture of my Shepard and it turned out way better than I expected. I was scared that I'd screw it up but nope! Added some blue glow to represent her Paragon-status. The dogtags are there to represent her military and N7 career and as a reference to the scene where Shepard appearently still lives after the final explosion. Though times like these I'm a bit sad I don't own a scanner.

So come oooon. I'm still interested in seeing some other arts of other people's Shepards. D:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    Butting in on another debate, har har!

Finished the picture of my Shepard and it turned out way better than I expected. I was scared that I'd screw it up but nope! Added some blue glow to represent her Paragon-status. The dogtags are there to represent her military and N7 career and as a reference to the scene where Shepard appearently still lives after the final explosion. Though times like these I'm a bit sad I don't own a scanner.

So come oooon. I'm still interested in seeing some other arts of other people's Shepards. D:
    dat shit is incredible :O

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguinare View Post

one no shit thing got destroyed fuel can be reharvested the whole game has bad times

reason 1 what false promises i got that this is the end and a saw that with the end of all the relays as to a change the end to make you happy that is not your right i can say why change it to make me unhappy.
    The fuel point is based on guesswork, you have no way of knowing how efficient or abundant their fuel source is, irrespective of this It makes sense the reapers would destroy or take all fuel possible for interstellar travel to achieve their goal.

Dissatisfied consumers have every right to complain and ask for a better product, it seems based on the uproar it is a fairly large contingent of players want the option for better endings. Many of them im sure would pay for a bigger variety of endings with more to do with your choices and galactic readiness, as it is your choices has 0 influence at all until the last 5 mins, its arguable they don't mean squat then either.
    If they arent willing to make better more varied endings for free as a sort of fix to the game I understand to a degree, but at least a paid DLC to greatly expand the options at the end is good business sense and would make the player base happier at the same time. If this happens I will buy that, the prothean dlc and some bioware points for multiplayer very happily.

Indoctrination Theory. I want to believe. Otherwise the end doesn't make sense at all. If that theory is correct then it is the best game ending ever made, basically.
    Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ealar/advanced

Raid Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/pappahealar

Guild Website: http://www.excesse-guild.net/ (Dismissed and seized raiding early 2011, March.)

The fuel point, considering every time I went "scanning" in ME3 I found a destroyed fuel station in every system...

Quote Originally Posted by Zulmoka View Post
    The fuel point, considering every time I went "scanning" in ME3 I found a destroyed fuel station in every system...
    Which usually provided enough fuel for travelling the particular cluster you were in. No where near enough to travel across galaxy.
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

Quote Originally Posted by Alexandrus View Post
    Which usually provided enough fuel for travelling the particular cluster you were in. No where near enough to travel across galaxy.
    Exactly. I was agreeing with that thought . Totally my fault, as I should have expanded upon my statement more.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulmoka View Post
    Exactly. I was agreeing with that thought . Totally my fault, as I should have expanded upon my statement more.
    I completely misinterpreted, my apologies. XD
    "And if it ends with both of us dying in an explosion taking out a Reaper - remember, I took the killshot." ~ Garrus Vakarian

It needed no further clarification as indicated by me. I am well aware of the Reaper's reasoning, the author apparently is not in regards to that reason.
    What I'm saying is that the Reaper explanation is bullshit. They are playing god and deciding the fate of billions upon trillions of lives to prevent something that is only a possibility.

Shepard him/herself could have already broken their supposed cycle by making peace between the Geth and Quarians, but you can't even bring that up. They are justifying mass murder on 'what if's and 'could be's.
    Last edited by Lightfist; 2012-03-16 at 03:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Collegeguy View Post
    It's so bad over there they had to lock their forums for a little while. I thought this was funny though.
    ROFL! But gosh, I hated the ending lol ><

I've just finished ME3 and like the rest I'm truly disappointed by the ending. It boggles my mind how one can create such an amazing universe, write a beautiful story only to end it in the worst possible way. I mean the ending(s) make every single choice you've made absolutely pointless! All the effort Shephard has gone through...ugh this is so depressing...

I've enjoyed ME3 immensely right until the last 10 minutes...was planning to replay it at least two more times but really why should I? What on earth is going on with Bioware? First swotr and now this...I got no hope what so ever for DA3.

This is how they should've ended ME3 imo.

Paragon:
    -Destroy the Reapers
    -Geth remain alive (optional, can either save them or not depending on whether you upgrade them or whatever)
    -EDI stays alive (also optional see Geth)
    -Relays remain functional, they still do the pretty explosion but ain't destroyed.
    -Citadel is not destroyed
    -Shephard is alive and is reunited with his Romance and they make lots of babies

Renegade:
    -Control the Reapers
    -Control the Geth (optional)
    -Relays are destroyed
    -Citadel is not destroyed, it is now the seat of Shephard and under his control
    -Shephard becomes the Catalyst and is now the most powerful being in the universe

"Neutral"(green explosion) can stay the way it is.
    Last edited by Mortezu; 2012-03-16 at 03:54 AM.
    Ours not to make reply. Ours not to reason why. Ours but to do and die!