Poll: What profession do you like least?

Page 1 of 15
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

What profession do you like the LEAST?

Saw this thread in another forum and liked the idea. Maybe you don't like a profession for looks, theme or any number of legit reasons. However you might not like it based on misinformation. We can help people understand that and possibly open their eyes to new possibilities.

I have 2 that I really don't like and for very different reasons. I used to really dig the Guardian until traits were revealed. After browsing them, even though things can and will change, the first iteration of Guardian traits kills it for me. I do not like the choices at all. I would want to do well with 2 handers and have long boons and potent symbols, but it doesn't seem like a possible build. Also worried if i did that how gimped it would make my burning damage. I just don't like the choices.

Second is mainly from manly vanity and pride. Considering I play female characters exclusively makes it fairly ironic. I don't like illusions, everything being purple-pink and butterflies.

So, what makes you draw the line and say NO?
    Last edited by Wrathonia; 2012-03-16 at 07:47 AM.

Sadly the necro. It started as one of my favorites, but it doesn't have enough play styles that interest me

Thats really the only reason too. All the professions interest me in some way Necro just loses because it had the fewest.

10+ Year Old Account
    atm, Elementalist is really not appealing to me at all. Therefore it is awarded my vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thief by far. Shadowstep is awesome, but stealth and steal seem far too gimmicky and situational for my tastes.

10+ Year Old Account
    from what ive heard warriors topping warfronts yes i know its beta and subject to change just hope its a trait not going to stay

Oh wow I actually voted for the wrong class. I dislike the Mesmer so much that I actually forgot it existed.

Mesmer is Definitely my least favorite, under Necro.

Deleted
    I dislike warrior... never once even considered rolling a warrior... mostly cause its melee (I understand they have bows, and such, but ... Since I wanna play ranged, Im gonna take one of the other classes that are more ranged-oriented)...

Guardian, Necro, and Elementalist

There's something about magic users that makes them unappealing to me, it must be rooted hate for casters from maining a warrior for so long in WoW.

Although any heavy armor magic user is the biggest turn off for me. Guardian just seems ridiculously good, and possibly a staple class, for any group situation, however alone they seem like a boring class. I prefer to operate completely solo whenever I can, that means without pets, but Rangers seem to be pretty good, but I'm mostly a Thief/Warrior player.

Mesmers I actually don't mind... for now, most likely will be a top tier class in PvP and I'll probably start to hate them when the metagame is in their favor.

Engineer, it looks boring.

Thief has least appeal for me at this stage as it reminds me too much of a classic rouge archetype followed closely by engineer / elementalist, but I'm definitely going to give each proffesion a go anyway

Guardians, I love their concept but I'd rather go warrior with shield than use some flashy holy spells to do the guarding for me.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    Guardian, Necro, and Elementalist

There's something about magic users that makes them unappealing to me, it must be rooted hate for casters from maining a warrior for so long in WoW.

Although any heavy armor magic user is the biggest turn off for me. Guardian just seems ridiculously good, and possibly a staple class, for any group situation, however alone they seem like a boring class. I prefer to operate completely solo whenever I can, that means without pets, but Rangers seem to be pretty good, but I'm mostly a Thief/Warrior player.

Mesmers I actually don't mind... for now, most likely will be a top tier class in PvP and I'll probably start to hate them when the metagame is in their favor.
    Defeating a sandwich, only makes it tastier!

It's a close call between Necro and Mesmer for me. They're both really unappealing in all ways possible.

Mesmer because:
    - I don't like the idea of a guy with two-handed sword shooting lasers from it.
    - All those visual effects with butterflies are annoying.
    - Clones. Reminds me of mage's mirrors images from WoW. Hated those op bastards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necro. I actually like their mechanics, I've just never been into the Necro/Warlock theme.

The warrior.
    Because I MT'd in wow for way toooooo long. But then, a norn warrior sounds awesome. And it's not like I have to tank.

I used to dislike the necro...but after (I think it was LouisB's review) I got interested and looked more into them.
    You see where I'm going with this........
    I honestly can't choose one I like the least...I have favourites, but not a least favourite.
    I'd say I like my "bottom four" choices about equally. But I still don't dislike any.
    I am taking the fifth amendment...refusing to answer this question...as it may harm my defense.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    The warrior.
    Because I MT'd in wow for way toooooo long. But then, a norn warrior sounds awesome. And it's not like I have to tank.

I used to dislike the necro...but after (I think it was LouisB's review) I got interested and looked more into them.
    You see where I'm going with this........
    I honestly can't choose one I like the least...I have favourites, but not a least favourite.
    I'd say I like my "bottom four" choices about equally. But I still don't dislike any.
    I am taking the fifth amendment...refusing to answer this question...as it may harm my defense.
    Grats on joining the epic club, that was your 1,500th post.

Theif
    Oh that one. I guess I have too many bad memories from pvp in WoW.

Deleted
    Got to be Engineer. Don't like grenades, don't like turrets, very noisy, all in all looks like in just jumped out of a wargame like battlefield or something. Doesn't really fit in a fantasy setting like GW2.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Grats on joining the epic club, that was your 1,500th post.
    Oh...awesome! Thanks haha
    Maybe now ppl will starting taking me seriously haha
    /mutters in Zojjaesque manner.