Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    The law is rather clear on the specifics - sorry, that counts as telling people you're in the beta.

I'm just glad to hear that invites go out over the next few days, which means people who ain't got in yet could possibly still get in.
    ? I'm just sayin from what I've seen on the leaked images.

It says in the pic that you cant tell anyone...but when you get the mail you shudnt have signed anything, but i think edge answered my question

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    When you signed up for the beta you agreed to the NDA if you got in.

There's already a thread with that title. It's a sticky. It's been in the forum for months. If people haven't read it and can't abide by it that's their problem (which makes more problems for me -_-)
    You having to make this thread sort of disagrees :P , either way though people breaking the NDA should be punished
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolsteak View Post
    You having to make this thread sort of disagrees :P , either way though people breaking the NDA should be punished
    It's because by some human default/defect, we skip reading things that are stickied, because..well..they're sticked ... silly isn't it? I did read them myself though, but hardly ever read them again :P

Don't worry, we'll keep bumping this one.

I know people are excited. But there is an NDA that you agreed to if you are in it. If you aren't, the forum rules state NOT to post NDA leaked material. I know you are all super excited about the game, but have some respect for Anet. I deleted the e-mail thread because there were so many NDA breaks in there it wasn't worth it to go through and try and sort out each individual one. I DO take this seriously and WILL continue to infract people who break the NDA or post info that breaks the NDA.
    Your life revolves around an MMO forum. How sad.

"I AM EDGECRUSHER, DEFENDER OF MMO CHAMPION FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES!!!! Also I go by Mark, but you'll never see me in real life because everything I need is in my cozy basement."

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlapalooza View Post

"I AM EDGECRUSHER, DEFENDER OF MMO CHAMPION FORUM RULES/GUIDELINES!!!! Also I go by Mark, but you'll never see me in real life because everything I need is in my cozy basement."
    No, he/she enjoys being a moderator and being part of a community, has been chosen as a moderator and therefore takes that as an opportunity, which should be taken seriously.

Living on a forum isn't hard when your work involves sitting behind a desk and strangely, that's about 70% of the western world. Why the hate, I wonder.

I hope you were not attatched to that 10 post account sir... :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Maelle View Post
    I hope you were not attatched to that 10 post account sir... :P
    I loled, i really did

When you have to make a post because nobody reads your sticky.

MMO-C mods, you're doing it right!

Also I love my email box rn

Stay classy

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?

Oh looks like we have tuffy-guy over here.

Anyways I'm glad I didn't apply for beta, now I don't get my hopes up whenever a wave of invites comes around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polpe View Post
    but when you get the mail you shudnt have signed anything
    As I said, the law in how NDAs work is very clear on how things work. I'm sure there's very specific legal language somewhere that explains it, but you really can't use the nitty-gritty specifics of an NDA, before signing it, to suddenly share "HEY GUYS LOOK I'M ABOUT TO SIGN THIS NDA FOR THIS THING I'M DOING!"

The company that you're signing the NDA for won't really give a shit that you hadn't signed it yet, the fact is that you shared information they didn't want you sharing. And no, I don't mean telling your brother or room-mate, I mean going to a forum onto an account you've used for months to publicly announce "AMG GUYS I'M IN THE BETA, HAVEN'T SIGNED NDA YET, SO I'M GOOD"
    Doing that shares with the world, publicly, something ANet doesn't want you sharing. If the press gets ahold of that kind of information, suddenly they're banging on your day begging for worthy news.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

My basement is pretty cozy, you jelly?

Deleted
    Oke just a question what IF, its not true.
    But what if my brother would for some reason get in the Beta, and he didnt tell me anything about it etc. But I one day walk in our living room and see GW2 beta playing. would this break NDA? Because it would be kinda hard for me to not notice that he's in the beta since my wholl family shares the same pc.

Edit: made it clearer.

Deleted
    I totally agree with you but how can I break an NDA if I havn't signed one?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    But what if my brother would for some reason get in the Beta, and he didnt tell me anything about it etc. But I one day walk in his room and see GW2 beta playing. would this break NDA? Because it would be kinda hard for me to not notice that he's in the beta since my wholl family shares the same pc.

Does the internet know? Did you suddenly start recording over your brother's back and posting it on youtube? Did you inform TotalBiscuit of how to reach your brother?

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 11:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    As I said, the law in how NDAs work is very clear on how things work. I'm sure there's very specific legal language somewhere that explains it, but you really can't use the nitty-gritty specifics of an NDA, before signing it, to suddenly share "HEY GUYS LOOK I'M ABOUT TO SIGN THIS NDA FOR THIS THING I'M DOING! ONCE I SIGN IT, I CAN'T TELL YOU MORE STUFF!"

The company that you're signing the NDA for won't really give a shit that you hadn't signed it yet, the fact is that you shared information they didn't want you sharing. And no, I don't mean telling your brother or room-mate, I mean going to a forum onto an account you've used for months to publicly announce "AMG GUYS I'M IN THE BETA, HAVEN'T SIGNED NDA YET, SO I'M GOOD"
    Doing that shares with the world, publicly, something ANet doesn't want you sharing. If the press gets ahold of that kind of information, suddenly they're banging on your door begging for worthy news.
    Because ANet doesn't want you sharing that you got in, period.

I can't make it any more clear than that.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-17 at 04:30 PM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Duallegend View Post
    But what if my brother would for some reason get in the Beta, and he didnt tell me anything about it etc. But I one day walk in our living room and see GW2 beta playing. would this break NDA? Because it would be kinda hard for me to not notice that he's in the beta since my wholl family shares the same pc.

Doubt you'd get done for it. It's quite hard to stop that sort of thing; pretty sure there'll be a few people who get into the BETA, ring up their friends and say "COME ROUND MINE LETS PLAY!"

I think ANet moreso don't want people posting things around the internet, on youtube, images, that sort of thing. There's no real way for them to track what you're doing in your house and who you have round to watch you play it.

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post

If you registered for the beta, you agreed to the NDA. If you post on these forums, you agree to respect the NDA, even if you didn't sign one.

Deleted
    Because ANet doesn't want you sharing that you got in, period.

I can't make it any more clear than that.
    I didn't get in tho.

edgecrusherO0 please stop spamming. There's already a sticky on this topic.

Next time feel free to use the search tool. It's very convenient!

If you registered for the beta, you agreed to the NDA. If you post on these forums, you agree to respect the NDA, even if you didn't sign one.
    Why is that?

Did MMO-champion sign an NDA to Guild Wars 2?

If you did then I can totally see why not letting anything be posted here, but if not, you are not legally bound by any means. The posters of the forum who got into the beta are.

Dumbest Thread 2012

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Burritaco View Post
    Why is that?

Did MMO-champion sign an NDA to Guild Wars 2?

If you did then I can totally see why not letting anything be posted here, but if not, you are not legally bound by any means. The posters of the forum who got into the beta are.
    Because MMO-Champion respects the companies.