... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyraice View Post
    My macro for heroic will is just /click ExtraActionButton1
    I guess ill change it to this
    /click ExtraActionButton1
    /cast Life tap
    (Or should it be the other way around?)
    The reason i use the soulstone glyph is because i usually end up the one rezzing people
    (I switched back to affliction because it is my more comfortable spec by far, if you look at previous logs i was destro and i wasnt very good at it only did it to soak and for Zonozz, and Hagara) And i did better on this fight as affliction then destro :P
    Do you have any other tips or see anything stupid that i might have missed? because it doesnt make any sense to me, i think the hunters DPS is much higher because of his weapon and bow (Asher, not Chaotic) but I dont know, people rag on me for my DPS, but ive remaimed fairly consistent if not slowly improving without any gear change, as i havent had any gear in about 2ish months

Thanks again!
    It should be the other way around, since when you hit the button, you're like stunned. And I'm not sure will always work the other way around, since the way /cast /cast /cast macros get buggie :x I'd just manually do it.

Glyph of Life Tap is pretty much...required. In terms of self dps. In terms of raid surviving, and if you're first Brez, then not really. Shadowbolt is far better I believe. You want to remove Soul Swap glyph for fights you don't use it, so that's where you could pick up Life Tap.

You clipped BoD, which shouldn't really happen. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with Demon soul, don't clip it when you don't have Demon Soul. Never clip your first BoD since it is amazin (lots of procs and Demon Soul). When in doubt, don't clip.

Make sure you're casting on Haunt on CD, not just keeping the debuff up. I also think your Doomguard could ahve been better if it was popped at the optimal time at the start. The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active. Though it was decent, I just think it could be better.

Also make sure you're using Soulburn on CD. Logs kinda messed up on it's tracking, but yea. On CD. And before dotting at the start (don't use it though, dot first, just soulburn for the buff to buff your dots, and your doomguard).

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 01:59 AM ----------

Please don't rag on me for the one pre-pot missed, i swear i pre-potted and i know i potted on my 3rd demon soul with the drain lifes. And turns out i just looked he only has one pot too so maybe WoL doesnt count the prepot.
    It's random, whether it'll say two or one, but more likely just one. You have to actually look to see where the buff is up on the timeline to count yourself.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2841&e=3184

I feel like I'm not doing as well with gear improvements as I've been so far this tier. I'm more or less aware of the "bigger" (relatively bigger problems) problems, but I'm wondering if anyone willing to look through my log of our last ultraxion kill could point out any finer mistakes that I would likely miss going through it quickly on my own. (I'm horrendous - no, that's my name).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gakpad View Post
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2841&e=3184

I feel like I'm not doing as well with gear improvements as I've been so far this tier. I'm more or less aware of the "bigger" (relatively bigger problems) problems, but I'm wondering if anyone willing to look through my log of our last ultraxion kill could point out any finer mistakes that I would likely miss going through it quickly on my own. (I'm horrendous - no, that's my name).
    Faded Into Twilight 7 35.6 sec

Do you press your button really early? Only difference i can see comparing logs is that you cast a good amount of incinerates less and maybe you don't redo immolate doing heroism / skip chaos bolt when under 0,9 sec, plus a shadowburn or two too few....

heh idk why it says I spent that much time faded when I press the button so late that sometimes it doesn't even visually show me going into the twilight realm (while giving me a heart attack at the same time). I'll keep the other things in mind more consistently tho

15+ Year Old Account
    Hey guys, looking for a little bit of help to point a Warlock in the right direction.

Heres a link to the guilds recent WoL DS attempts http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/16212/

We're a fairly casual guild, but I'm wondering if you could help improve on a Warlock called Noggin in the raids. His DPS seems low for his gear and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to help him as his ranged section leader.

Alright so my Demo dps seems kinda low and it bounces around on serveral different fights
    On morchok i had to soak melee hits so i was rockin dat Demon armor all fight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/170320/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Dxe/advanced

Only the 2 most recent logs i have been demo for raids, the other ones i was destro.
    Thanks <33
    Last edited by Personal; 2012-03-18 at 08:31 AM.

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could take a look at the Warlord log? (Hagara was a bad pull) I'm not sure if right now it is a question of gear or if I am missing something in my rotation. This is for Affliction spec. I ranked 200, but the DPS still seems a bit low for me.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q.../?s=983&e=1264
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kielock/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothar View Post
    Hey guys, looking for a little bit of help to point a Warlock in the right direction.

Heres a link to the guilds recent WoL DS attempts http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/16212/

We're a fairly casual guild, but I'm wondering if you could help improve on a Warlock called Noggin in the raids. His DPS seems low for his gear and I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to help him as his ranged section leader.
    I just looked at the latest Ultrax kill. His UA uptime is pretty low, only 89%. And his Haunt uptime is even lower. Haunt should be cast on CD, and have the 96% uptime or greater like he did with corruption. Corruption also fell off and had to be recasted because he didn't Haunt on CD.

He used his 4pc only once....Soulburn should be used on CD with the 4pc. His opening is also off. The general opener for afflic is pre-pot >pre-cast Shadow Bolt > combat > CoE (if needed) > Activate Soulburn > Haunt > DS:Felhunter > UA > BoD > Corruption > Shadowbolt (for the third Shadow's Embrace stack) > Use the activated soulburn for soulfire > Shadowbolt filler. He used DS:Felhunter after dotting, which does absolutely nothing. Demon soul gives us a buff, so dots only know if we the buff when they're casted or refreshed. So his first set of dots weren't buffed, first BoD was never buffed, and only got like maybe one or two dots worth of that buff for the first use. In other words, pop before dotting.

He's probably overclipping BoD. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with DS, don't clip it when you don't have DS. Never clip your first BoD since it is amazin (lots of procs and DS:Felhunter).When in doubt, don't clip.

He also did not shadowflame once. For all specs, you shadowflame on CD when in melee range. This is especially important for demo/afflic because that's an extra dot for our felhunter to chomp on. For affliction, once you hit the 25% execute phase, that's the only time you stop shadowflaming on CD. All you do at that point is Drain Soul, cast Haunt relatively on CD (relatively meaning as close to on CD, but only after Drain Soul ticks and not before one), and recast BoD if needed. Every other dot will auto refresh.

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 07:31 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Personal View Post
    Alright so my Demo dps seems kinda low and it bounces around on serveral different fights
    On morchok i had to soak melee hits so i was rockin dat Demon armor all fight.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/170320/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...n/Dxe/advanced

Only the 2 most recent logs i have been demo for raids, the other ones i was destro.
    Thanks <33
    That's a lot of logs...it's 1000% easier if you just post a specific fight, or even a specific night. I just clicked the most recent DS with Ultrax.

But I will thank you for being one of the first locks that I don't feel the need to post my Incinerate spec rant for. Props to you.

So lets see. Your corruption uptime was pretty low, sub 85%. Shoot for above 95% for this fight at minumum. Your opener is off. We pop meta and DS (together, you lagged like 10s on that first meta popping after popping DS) before dotting. Same with Soulburn since you have 4pc (note, don't use the soulburn, just activate it).

The general opener for demo is pre-pot> pre-cast Shadow Bolt or Incinerate (based on demo spec) > combat > CoE (if needed) > Meta/DS:Felguard + Felstorm when pet in range > Activate Soulburn > Immolate > BoD > Corruption > HoG > Shadowflame (if in melee range) > Filler (shadow bolt or Incinerate based on spec). And the moment feltsorm ends (38s left on the CD, or when he stops spinning), use the activated soulburn to summon the felhunter.

You did more of a...immolate > corruption > DS > BoD > Soulburn > Meta. This made your first set of dots pretty weak to what they could have been, and made your BoD weak compared to if you had Meta with it. More shadowflames too, could have gotten several more out.

Your doomguard was also somewhere along the lines of 150k-200k weaker than what I've seen at your gear level. Make sure you're popping it at the point where as many procs possible are rolling while pre-pot is still up. This includes ICM, which I see is awesome. Note that I don't know which is better, more int procs or ICM. Luckily for me, my ICM always procs right when I need it :x

Your DI target, the boomkin....did he like stop and do nothing for like 2 minutes of that fight? Logs show you went that long with no DI stacks, giving you a horrible uptime.

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 07:36 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sillyputty View Post
    Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could take a look at the Warlord log? (Hagara was a bad pull) I'm not sure if right now it is a question of gear or if I am missing something in my rotation. This is for Affliction spec. I ranked 200, but the DPS still seems a bit low for me.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/q.../?s=983&e=1264
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kielock/simple
    Well it's LFR. Which means people ignore the ball mechanics, which means you should stay stacked on the boss at all times. Which means....MOAR SHADOWFLAME PLZ. Until you hit 25% hp that is.

Make sure you're haunting on CD. And at <25% hp, haunting relatively on CD (meaning right after Drain Soul ticks, not right before them). If you did this, you wouldn't have lost your three stacks of shadow's embrace during your execute phase.

Make sure you're using soulburn on CD. And remember that DS:Felhunter does not go into effect until dots are refreshed. This means you pop before dotting. And BoD goes up before corruption. It's Haunt > DS:Felhunter > UA > BoD > Corruption.
    Last edited by gracfuldeath; 2012-03-18 at 07:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post

---------- Post added 2012-03-18 at 07:31 PM ----------

[/COLOR]That's a lot of logs...it's 1000% easier if you just post a specific fight, or even a specific night. I just clicked the most recent DS with Ultrax.

But I will thank you for being one of the first locks that I don't feel the need to post my Incinerate spec rant for. Props to you.

So lets see. Your corruption uptime was pretty low, sub 85%. Shoot for above 95% for this fight at minumum. Your opener is off. We pop meta and DS (together, you lagged like 10s on that first meta popping after popping DS) before dotting. Same with Soulburn since you have 4pc (note, don't use the soulburn, just activate it).

The general opener for demo is pre-pot> pre-cast Shadow Bolt or Incinerate (based on demo spec) > combat > CoE (if needed) > Meta/DS:Felguard + Felstorm when pet in range > Activate Soulburn > Immolate > BoD > Corruption > HoG > Shadowflame (if in melee range) > Filler (shadow bolt or Incinerate based on spec). And the moment feltsorm ends (38s left on the CD, or when he stops spinning), use the activated soulburn to summon the felhunter.

You did more of a...immolate > corruption > DS > BoD > Soulburn > Meta. This made your first set of dots pretty weak to what they could have been, and made your BoD weak compared to if you had Meta with it. More shadowflames too, could have gotten several more out.

Your doomguard was also somewhere along the lines of 150k-200k weaker than what I've seen at your gear level. Make sure you're popping it at the point where as many procs possible are rolling while pre-pot is still up. This includes ICM, which I see is awesome. Note that I don't know which is better, more int procs or ICM. Luckily for me, my ICM always procs right when I need it :x

Your DI target, the boomkin....did he like stop and do nothing for like 2 minutes of that fight? Logs show you went that long with no DI stacks, giving you a horrible uptime.[COLOR="red"]

Thanks, i was waiting for procs before i popped meta, but thank you clarifying that its not needed, Ill fix my Uptimes and Doomgaurd,

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Personal View Post
    Thanks, i was waiting for procs before i popped meta, but thank you clarifying that its not needed, Ill fix my Uptimes and Doomgaurd,
    The only procs you care about with meta are mastery, because meta snapshots mastery and remains at that %increased dmg for its duration. Seeing how the only mastery proc is FGoDL which is ew,and you're not using MWC, just pop it fast.

Quote Originally Posted by gracfuldeath View Post
    It should be the other way around, since when you hit the button, you're like stunned. And I'm not sure will always work the other way around, since the way /cast /cast /cast macros get buggie :x I'd just manually do it.

Glyph of Life Tap is pretty much...required. In terms of self dps. In terms of raid surviving, and if you're first Brez, then not really. Shadowbolt is far better I believe. You want to remove Soul Swap glyph for fights you don't use it, so that's where you could pick up Life Tap.

You clipped BoD, which shouldn't really happen. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with Demon soul, don't clip it when you don't have Demon Soul. Never clip your first BoD since it is amazin (lots of procs and Demon Soul). When in doubt, don't clip.

Make sure you're casting on Haunt on CD, not just keeping the debuff up. I also think your Doomguard could ahve been better if it was popped at the optimal time at the start. The optimal time to pop the doom guard for most fights is during the opener, when you have as many procs proccing (power torrent, lightweave, WoU stacks) while your pre-pot is still active. Though it was decent, I just think it could be better.

Also make sure you're using Soulburn on CD. Logs kinda messed up on it's tracking, but yea. On CD. And before dotting at the start (don't use it though, dot first, just soulburn for the buff to buff your dots, and your doomguard).

---------- Post added 2012-03-17 at 01:59 AM ----------

It's random, whether it'll say two or one, but more likely just one. You have to actually look to see where the buff is up on the timeline to count yourself.
    I popped doomguard with powertorrent, demonsoul, soulburn tier bonus, and pot all up at the same time (I was watching my powerauras)
    One question i have had for which buffs do they effect the damage while only up, and which ones do i have to recast the dots to get the effect, eg if i have demonsoul up and i use it after all dots are up, will all those dots be effected by it or will i have to recast them?

Thanks!

One question i have had for which buffs do they effect the damage while only up, and which ones do i have to recast the dots to get the effect, eg if i have demonsoul up and i use it after all dots are up, will all those dots be effected by it or will i have to recast them?

Thanks!
    Effects on you: dots need refreshing/recasting to be updated.
    Effects on the target: dots are automatically updated on a tick-by-tick basis without refreshing/recasting (exception: 5% crit debuff)

15+ Year Old Account
    I just looked at the latest Ultrax kill. His UA uptime is pretty low, only 89%. And his Haunt uptime is even lower. Haunt should be cast on CD, and have the 96% uptime or greater like he did with corruption. Corruption also fell off and had to be recasted because he didn't Haunt on CD.

He used his 4pc only once....Soulburn should be used on CD with the 4pc. His opening is also off. The general opener for afflic is pre-pot >pre-cast Shadow Bolt > combat > CoE (if needed) > Activate Soulburn > Haunt > DS:Felhunter > UA > BoD > Corruption > Shadowbolt (for the third Shadow's Embrace stack) > Use the activated soulburn for soulfire > Shadowbolt filler. He used DS:Felhunter after dotting, which does absolutely nothing. Demon soul gives us a buff, so dots only know if we the buff when they're casted or refreshed. So his first set of dots weren't buffed, first BoD was never buffed, and only got like maybe one or two dots worth of that buff for the first use. In other words, pop before dotting.

He's probably overclipping BoD. BoD is only clipped when Buffs present > Previous buffs when cast. Simply put, if you put BoD up with DS, don't clip it when you don't have DS. Never clip your first BoD since it is amazin (lots of procs and DS:Felhunter).When in doubt, don't clip.

He also did not shadowflame once. For all specs, you shadowflame on CD when in melee range. This is especially important for demo/afflic because that's an extra dot for our felhunter to chomp on. For affliction, once you hit the 25% execute phase, that's the only time you stop shadowflaming on CD. All you do at that point is Drain Soul, cast Haunt relatively on CD (relatively meaning as close to on CD, but only after Drain Soul ticks and not before one), and recast BoD if needed. Every other dot will auto refresh.
    Thanks for the info!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi guys how are you! my 10man core group got Ultraxion Hc yesterday and im proud of that hehe but i have a problem.
    Im pulling about 35-36k Dps as Destro ( i play destro cuz i feel comfortable with that spec) and idk if im doing good, i mean idk if im doing the apropiate Dps for my Ilvl 397 and also taking into consideration that is a pachwerk style fight, i also got several Fading light and 2 HoT. here is my Log so u can tell me if my uptime debuff are bad or if im missing something else.
    Note: We dont hav 10% Sp buff since we dont hav elem shammy and im doing Demo only for Yorsahj, i would like to know if is that madatory that i need to change to Demo ? :s

ill apreciate your suggestions ! ^^

Thanks guys!

WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11247&e=11563
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A1j/advanced
    Last edited by darkkadaj; 2012-03-20 at 03:00 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkkadaj View Post
    Hi guys how are you! my 10man core group got Ultraxion Hc yesterday and im proud of that hehe but i have a problem.
    Im pulling about 35-36k Dps as Destro ( i play destro cuz i feel comfortable with that spec) and idk if im doing good, i mean idk if im doing the apropiate Dps for my Ilvl 397 and also taking into consideration that is a pachwerk style fight, i also got several Fading light and 2 HoT. here is my Log so u can tell me if my uptime debuff are bad or if im missing something else.
    Note: We dont hav 10% Sp buff since we dont hav elem shammy and im doing Demo only for Yorsahj, i would like to know if is that madatory that i need to change to Demo ? :s

ill apreciate your suggestions ! ^^

Thanks guys!

WoL: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=11247&e=11563
    Armory: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...3%A1j/advanced
    Hmmmmmm, is that shaman popping the 5% haste totem, because im not sure how to track it from WOL, but i hope he is! It's not completely low DPS considering gear and buffs in the raid, remember most 10 man logs we look at people with FM / 5% haste's and maybe even 10% SP buff with optimal gear. Just push your SMF uptime up to 98%+, and keep your rotation. Keep in mind the 2681 haste cap is irrelevant for you, if you don't have the 5% haste buff as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    yea the shammy was popping the totem but anyway i think i need to improve a lil more on the uptime and also i prepoted but i think that i forgot the in combat pot LOL xD i think that could help me to push bit more numbers >.<

Thanks for ur suggestion sparkuggz (:

So, we're having some small DPS issues with one of our warlocks with the Legendary. I personally know next to nothing about Warlocks, and even less about how to properly min/max Demo's DPS, but here's some WoL links to hope you guys can give some pointers.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tk9lb...?s=3640&e=3983

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tk9lb...?s=1413&e=1636

Any tips, suggestions, or... well, anything... can help!

Re-posted from the thread I made for it.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    So, we're having some small DPS issues with one of our warlocks with the Legendary. I personally know next to nothing about Warlocks, and even less about how to properly min/max Demo's DPS, but here's some WoL links to hope you guys can give some pointers.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tk9lb...?s=3640&e=3983

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/tk9lb...?s=1413&e=1636

Any tips, suggestions, or... well, anything... can help!

Re-posted from the thread I made for it.
    1) He's using an incinerate spec. no-no-no-no-NO
    2) His dot uptimes are atrocious, look at what he's using to keep track of them, maybe he's just gotten lazy. Having dot uptimes in the 70-80% range is very low.
    3) I scoped his armory and it looks like hes reforged for destro at the moment ( at least i hope hes not running that much haste as demo with so little mastery )
    Cyner#1996

Quote Originally Posted by Cyner View Post
    1) He's using an incinerate spec. no-no-no-no-NO
    2) His dot uptimes are atrocious, look at what he's using to keep track of them, maybe he's just gotten lazy. Having dot uptimes in the 70-80% range is very low.
    3) I scoped his armory and it looks like hes reforged for destro at the moment ( at least i hope hes not running that much haste as demo with so little mastery )
    Yeah, their armory is up to the Destro spec and gear, currently, but we're trying to fix the Demo DPS issues.
    "It was the product of a mind so twisted, it was actually sprained." -Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by nurabsal View Post
    on an aside, i think Bane Falcon might be my hero
    2-2-2012. We shall always remember the day where Paladins ascended through the Light to become GODS.

Quote Originally Posted by Bane Falcon View Post
    Yeah, their armory is up to the Destro spec and gear, currently, but we're trying to fix the Demo DPS issues.
    The Main issues are #1 Running the wrong Demo spec. #2 Dot up-times. Also depending on which trinkets they use for demo, it could be a rotation issue.
    Cyner#1996