Quote Originally Posted by ita View Post
    Besides, why are people saying that all choices destroyed the mass relays? Control clearly didn't. I know it showed half the video of them blowing up and it seemed in the end that they were breaking apart but that was just Bioware being lazy and reused the same video.
    The Catalyst said that no matter which option is chosen, the energy released by the crucible is going to destroy all mass relays. Even though obviously the ending was BioWare being extremely, extremely, and extremely lazy, it did show the mass relay imploding as it relayed the energy out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    Which system do you play on? Me and a friend are looking for some more folks to play with, and she can't stand being grouped up with random people. I'm on 360, and as soon as they hear her talk, it's like walking into a beehive.
    I'm playing on PS3. I haven't used my mic yet since I don't like talking to strangers either. Plus the conversations I've been hearing... Yeah, no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    And now that the Mass Relays are gone, you have these gigantic fleets stuck in the Sol system. Our solar systems. Possibly trillions of people, a good chunk nonhuman, are stuck in our solar system (not even thinking about the other people stuck God knows where. Earth is in ruins, we know there was a facility on Mars but it wasn't really residential. Question is, what do you do with all of these people? What happened to the people on the Citadel?
    The Quarian and Turians will soon starve to death since they can't eat human food. Commander Sheperd helped them retake their homeworld, only to have their entire fleet stranded and go extinct on Earth. We can infer that the same thing will happen to Tali and Garrus on the crash landed Normandy.

The garden worlds that have supplied the Alliance with food are now cut off with the destruction of the Mass Relays. Earth seems to be undergoing the equivalent of a nuclear winter due to the huge amount of pulverised cities and the inevitable dust that it set off, similar to the extinction of dinosaurs. There doesn't appear to be any readily feasible means of feeding the entire allied galatic fleet, let alone what's left of the billions of humans on the planet itself. So, the majority of the allied forces in Sol will likely starve to death as the fleets slowly run out of supplies, but some of them probably can survive.

Almost everyone on the Citadel was killed as Repears took control of it. So basically 90% of everyone we ever encountered and befriended in the game, were killed completely off screen in between the chapters.
    Last edited by semaphore; 2012-03-18 at 10:40 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I'm playing on PS3. I haven't used my mic yet since I don't like talking to strangers either. Plus the conversations I've been hearing... Yeah, no thanks.
    Same here. Yesterday I was grouped with two hillbillies who ranted about E V E R Y TH I N G. I quit after the first match. Usually I just get a guy who talks to himself most of the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zao View Post
    Same here. Yesterday I was grouped with two hillbillies who ranted about E V E R Y TH I N G. I quit after the first match. Usually I just get a guy who talks to himself most of the time.
    That's the same thing for me. Everytime someone talks it's two guys about something "OMG SO AWESOME!". I think one time two guys were talking about tacos...

Anyway, for some reason my app seems to be working again. I deleted it and installed it through iTunes instead of downloading it from the App Store on my phone. I booted up ME3 and I just got the messages from Aria and my squadmates I was supposed to get. I'm still confused why it works now. ._.

15+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I'm sad now.

I really don't blame you. As soon as she says something to me, all I hear is "GIRLS DONT PLAY VIDEO GAMES KITCHEN SANDWICH" at least half the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blznsmri View Post
    Sentinel is just Baws. I warped and threw my way to 20 in less than 6 hours of play time as one.
    I'm having a fucking blast as Adept. Rolling out Singularities + Detonation while my friend rolls in as Vanguard and Novas the remainder...she has too much fun with it.

Deleted
    Damn, I'm sad now.

I really don't blame you. As soon as she says something to me, all I hear is "GIRLS DONT PLAY VIDEO GAMES KITCHEN SANDWICH" at least half the time.
    Yeah. I was still sick when I started playing and I might've sounded like a guy but I didn't want to risk it.

I also just noticed I missed out on Grissom Academy on this playthrough. FFFFUUUU. No Jack for me. ;-;

15+ Year Old Account
    I also just noticed I missed out on Grissom Academy on this playthrough. FFFFUUUU. No Jack for me. ;-;
    There's a nifty little Phantom in the final Cerberus base if you don't rescue her in time...

Of course, you probably already knew that...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    The Quarian and Turians will soon starve to death since they can't eat human food. Commander Sheperd helped them retake their homeworld, only to have their entire fleet stranded and go extinct on Earth. We can infer that the same thing will happen to Tali and Garrus on the crash landed Normandy.
    Although the Quarians probably did have their civilian fleet with them which can feed them atleast, but the Turians are going to need some serious help not to starve and with Sheperd gone I doubt anyone is going to give a crap.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post

Almost everyone on the Citadel was killed as Repears took control of it. So basically 90% of everyone we ever encountered and befriended in the game, were killed completely off screen in between the chapters.
    That's actually the biggest problem I had with the ME3 endings, lazy story-writing at the culmination of an amazing series.

Deleted
    There's a nifty little Phantom in the final Cerberus base if you don't rescue her in time...

Of course, you probably already knew that...
    ... What? D:

I intended to go there, I really did, but I think I accidentally went too much ahead with the priority missions.

Quote Originally Posted by CLaxxess View Post
    That's actually the biggest problem I had with the ME3 endings, lazy story-writing at the culmination of an amazing series.
    Yeah, I'm flabbergasted by just how incredibly lazy all of the ending is. All that attention to detail, all of the carefully constructed galaxy, the touching stories across the Citadel - all wiped out in an instant of apathetic thoughlessness.

15+ Year Old Account
    ... What? D:

I intended to go there, I really did, but I think I accidentally went too much ahead with the priority missions.
    I did that on my first playthrough. I didn't realize that N7 missions expired until I read about it later and kinda slapped myself upside the head.

And crap, I figured you already knew that. Sorry! But yeah, she turns up as a named Phantom in the room with the Human Reaper remains. Kind of made me do a real double take at first. Also, someone else from 2 may end up as a Reaper unit, but I only found that out through my super ReneShep playthrough.

Although the Quarians probably did have their civilian fleet with them which can feed them atleast, but the Turians are going to need some serious help not to starve and with Sheperd gone I doubt anyone is going to give a crap.
    What do you think the Krogan are going to do? Imagine it, thousands of angry Krogan stranded in one system. Some shit is going to go down.

Since the Quarians are a nomadic people, we can assume, they will have just enough supplies to support the Quarians onboard and not any bit more. Nomadic people have a tendency not to hoard to conserve space and resources.

edit: I paid attention in my NG+ playthrough. During the Conduit Run, your squadmates are with you almost the entire length. HOWEVER, they will stand frozen at the start of the run and will teleport to you, once you lose of sight of them, but they will still be with you until the Harbinger sequence. After having teleported to you, James was following me a short distance until standing still again and EDI stood still every time after teleporting.
    Last edited by Flextt; 2012-03-18 at 10:43 AM.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Quote Originally Posted by Flextt View Post
    Since the Quarians are a nomadic people, we can assume, they will have just enough supplies to support the Quarians onboard and not any bit more. Nomadic people have a tendency not to hoard to conserve space and resources.
    Also the Quarian Civilian Fleet are huge targets with massive firepower but next to no defenses. It seems reasonable to say that it will be one of the hardest hit part of Sword. Chances are the Quarian Heavy and Patrol Fleets, and any Civilian Fleet survivors in life pods, are going to vastly outnumber whatever food production capability they have left.

Deleted
    I did that on my first playthrough. I didn't realize that N7 missions expired until I read about it later and kinda slapped myself upside the head.

And crap, I figured you already knew that. Sorry! But yeah, she turns up as a named Phantom in the room with the Human Reaper remains. Kind of made me do a real double take at first. Also, someone else from 2 may end up as a Reaper unit, but I only found that out through my super ReneShep playthrough.
    I had no idea that could happen. I had the mentality that I finish ALL the additional quests before proceeding with the priority ones on my first playthrough and now I decided to do otherwise it bites me back. Go figure.

One thing with this game is the timed portions in missions and timed side missions. When I clear around a wave of mobs, say before pressing the button for Mordin on Sur'kesh, I tend to go around and explore, search for mods and gear. Sounds about right? There are no cerberus left and all I have to do is press a button, right?

No! The game says. When you take your time looking around, there is a good chance you'll fail the entire mission. On Sur'kesh, Cerberus keeps sending waves of assault troopers and centurions if you don't press the button.

On the cerberus base mission, I've cleared the entire garage we landed. I hear EDI say "We have to go upstairs and interfere with the systems or else they are going to flush this entire garage outta the airlock. Needless to say my searching got me flushed twice before I said fuck it and went along with Edi on my 3rd attempt.

I did prioritize the side quests before priority missions, so their timed nature I had to learn from wiki and forums. But it is a great change if you ask me, really changes the outcomes you get based on the order of the missions you do.

Loved it.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post
    One thing with this game is the timed portions in missions and timed side missions. When I clear around a wave of mobs, say before pressing the button for Mordin on Sur'kesh, I tend to go around and explore, search for mods and gear. Sounds about right? There are no cerberus left and all I have to do is press a button, right?

No! The game says. When you take your time looking around, there is a good chance you'll fail the entire mission. On Sur'kesh, Cerberus keeps sending waves of assault troopers and centurions if you don't press the button.

On the cerberus base mission, I've cleared the entire garage we landed. I hear EDI say "We have to go upstairs and interfere with the systems or else they are going to flush this entire garage outta the airlock. Needless to say my searching got me flushed twice before I said fuck it and went along with Edi on my 3rd attempt.

I did prioritize the side quests before priority missions, so their timed nature I had to learn from wiki and forums. But it is a great change if you ask me, really changes the outcomes you get based on the order of the missions you do.

Loved it.
    I thought those ones were rather obvious cases of "We're running out of time, quick, or we will die".
    Yeah, there are also "Well, better hurry Shepard, you never know", but the difference usually is rather noticable.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorage View Post

While there is a "wave" element to missions, the respawn is not endless as in Modern Warfare. There are passages in higher difficulty (Hardcore, Insanity) with unlimited respawn, yes, but I am also under the impression, that reinforcements can be skipped prematurely, if you push hard enough to an internal checkpoint. I felt missions were significantly shorter on my NG+ as a Vanguard, when I would push very hard with Charge and Nova and clear out whole spawns in a matter of 2 seconds. In a lot of N7 missions, this modus operandi would lead me into difficult situations, where respawning enemies popped up right behind me, which was pretty unnerving obviously. Ofc, everything in this post is conjecture.
    True, but the difference is that in GTA3 you're only shooting (and robbing, murdering, having sex with, etc) pixels. In WOW you get the pleasure of dealing with some of the most despicable human behaviour you'll ever witness.

Finished my second playthorugh on Insanity, boy, i'm disappointed how they tuned down Insanity from ME1/ME2. The only real challenging part was Kai leng's final battle

Quote Originally Posted by Voij View Post
    I thought those ones were rather obvious cases of "We're running out of time, quick, or we will die".
    Yeah, there are also "Well, better hurry Shepard, you never know", but the difference usually is rather noticable.
    Well, I've played quite a lot of games and this is the first game that has a timing to it when an NPC says "Hurry, do this!" Usually I figure when there is only press of a button left, I can do whatever I want until I press that button, such as exploration and search for valuables. Not so much in this one.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."