Jab, Clobber, Club, Pike, Sever

Is it just me or are jab, sever, and club the same spell for dual weild, and pike and clobber are the same spell for 2h. The only difference is the required weapon type. What is the point of this? Will it be 1 smart spell that changes depending on your weapon or will I need to pull out a different spell when I get a weapon upgrade?

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's to properly differentiate the different animations for the attacks. But I'm also very curious how it will play out in practice.

15+ Year Old Account
    I gathered the opinion that it was one button which morphs depending on what weapon you're using (like how a H Priest's holy word changes depending on their Chakra state).

Each one will do exactly the same thing, but with a different weapon. It's just added flavour.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    Maybe it's to properly differentiate the different animations for the attacks. But I'm also very curious how it will play out in practice.
    This is probably correct.

I'm wondering how difficult it will be to balance all these abilities so you don't get one weapon type that will be the best for one spec.

Pandaren Monk
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Madgod View Post
    This is probably correct.

I'm wondering how difficult it will be to balance all these abilities so you don't get one weapon type that will be the best for one spec.
    The abilities are identical in numbers, and seem to only be for the most basic attack, so balancing shouldn't be an issue.

Bigger question is if these are all Jab clones - does using one of the others still trigger things like Muscle Memory or the dps spec Mastery which specifically states Jab.

(I'm hoping these are all just Jab and it morphs based on what weapons equipped simply for the different animation, but anything that works off of, or buffs, Jab works on the others as well.)

Quote Originally Posted by Beace View Post
    The abilities are identical in numbers, and seem to only be for the most basic attack, so balancing shouldn't be an issue.
    true enough. I might be overthinking it. I'm wondering how they'd scale though, or if weapon damage is even relevant.

any theory on how is it gonna work if u dw different weapons?

Quote Originally Posted by mlc View Post
    any theory on how is it gonna work if u dw different weapons?
    Does not compute, server crash, explosion!

The ability is the same, and counts as the same as jab, regardless of weapon type.

The only thing that changes is the name of the ability.

I've personally confirmed this at blizzcon.