Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    "Blizzard has talked about turning Jaina's hair all white because of the shock, and her becoming this very violent and dangerous mage." Uggg...I hate Jaina's peace-mongering as much as the next guy, but I don't want her turning into a villain either. That has been played out to the extreme. I'm tired of the whole "once a hero...now a villain" thing. Stop it Blizz. We're tired of it.

Why doesn't Blizzard adopt the roll system they use for the seasonal bosses in the game? If you have it in your bags/equipped you auto pass. It makes no sense why they don't do this for LFR.

15+ Year Old Account
    The Molten Front daily quests were tuned to take too long.
    No shit! Pardon the language, but I got burned out when I was barely halfway; and I thought I did quite well. Still tempted to pick it up again and try for the mount, but part of me would rather take a fireball to the chest.

If titles become account wide, you will be able to use it at the level you could have earned it at.
    I really hope this will happen. I'm not going to have much time to play alts, but using any of my main's titles (within reason) would be great. I can't see being able to use certain privileged titles across the board, such as my FoS one, or if the character isn't exalted themselves; but titles from boss defeats, heroic achievement completion and the like could come in handy.

Mounts are on the list of things to be made account wide, either at launch or a patch soon after.
    Excellent! I will finally be able to fly my warrior's Blue Proto-Drake and ride my rogue's Kodo on my mage! I hope alts' mounts will count towards the total. Having gone casual a long time ago, followed by a few long breaks, I'm still not at 100 mounts.

It still isn't clear if the final version of MoP will raise the guild level cap or not. However, the guild experience caps will be removed.
    Chances are good that they will raise the level cap. What good can come of guilds being stuck at level 25 with nothing new to look forward to?

Green level difficulty and harder quests may give a flat amount of guild experience in order to allow lower level players to contribute to guild leveling.
    I thought this was already the case, but obviously lower level characters weren't gaining nearly enough experience for their guilds.

Before Wrath of the Lich King came out, less than one percent of the playerbase actually experienced Sunwell.
    ... A fact that gets mentioned periodically. I guess they do like to bring up past failures again. At least this made them realise the game is more about shoving in last minute raids at the end of an expansion. Oh wait...

There is a possibility of another troll dungeon, as some trolls live on an island off the coast of Pandaria.
    Sounds neat! The Zandalar remakes were a nightmare, but I'm sure that with a fresh dungeon it could be quite cool.

Blizzard would have liked to do a 15 man raid size if they were starting from scratch today. However, for now they are sticking with both 10 and 25 man.
    I wonder why they even mentioned this? 15-man raiding would be epic enough to actually be quite cool, and getting 15 people together on one night is bound to be a darn sight easier than 25.

Raid tiers should last roughly four months, with content updates also coming between the larger raid updates. This could mean we would see a patch every two months or so.
    Here's hoping...

If you win a roll in LFR and the boss has no item for you, you will get gold instead.
    We already knew this. Or did I read it on WHN? Good move on their part. Seems more like a win-win situation overall.

Druid glyphs.
    So cool! Especially the following:
    A new minor glyph that changes a druid's travel form into a white stag has been added. Other players can ride you while in this form. Lol.

There may be a Labours of Hercules style quest chain that you do for Varian to show you more of the story and let you get to know him better.
    I look forward to this, as with a lot of character changes and appearances to come. Many people dis Varian, but I think the man has a fortitude that many leaders lack. I like him as our king and hope to see more of him in a very kingly role.

Looking forward to even more changes and additions. The expansion in my mind seems to be heading in a good direction; for me. For others, not quite so much. And I get that. But here's to getting excited and ramped up about what is to come: fun.
    Last edited by Geckomayhem; 2012-03-20 at 11:49 PM. Reason: Formatting screwed itself.

So the only Alliance figures who get any face time are Wrynn and Jaina -- who I've been sick of since BC? Super. At least I'm finally getting stag form. That right there is enough to make me sub

It's not, for the love of christ. Worst thing you guys ever did other than get rid of the ability for people to have their own personal specs. I miss being able to go into 10 mans and clear stuff then go do the same bosses in 25 man. It's a pain in the ass, being shafted like this. It screws the people who like doing 10 and 25 mans, forcing us to pick whether we do things just as 10 mans, or just as 25 mans, with no in between. Get rid of the shared lockouts and put them back to seperate.
    Please don't attempt to speak for everyone - I'm in a 10m and I enjoy it more than 25m, why make it so 10m gives weaker rewards than 25m just because of choice? They just need to do a better job of balancing both raid sizes. And I dunno why people miss going to do 10m and then doing 25m, it just felt repetitive doing the same raid twice a week (4 times if you had an alt).

to the many who still don't understand how the new lfr will work:

Let's say normally X boss has 4 loot in it.
    In lfr everyone will roll, top 4 rollers are entitled to win something.
    Everyone of the 4 will win an item from the loot table of the boss according to his spec.
    If no such loot exist, then they gets money.

SO NO, 25 PEOPLE CAN'T GET LEWTZ! And there's not a fixed roll value.
    Last edited by atl4ntis; 2012-03-21 at 12:27 AM.

Deleted
    Used to be very interested in the lore of the game, but havent really been so lately. But what is this about Jaina being in shock over having become violent and dangerous ?

Deleted
    No confirmation that priest loot drops at least equal in number as every other healing class. Looks like I wont be coming back then.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, those two new indoor pics are amazing! I especially love the one with all the water and the little tornado.

that feel when you have beta access via annual pass but no time to play due to school

I wasn't attempting to speak for everyone. I think I clearly said "screws the people who like doing 10 and 25 mans." That's not speaking for everyone, just the people who liked doing both without being penalized.

it just felt repetitive doing the same raid twice a week

As opposed to doing the same raid once a week for four months? O_o' I don't see how it's any less repetitive.

I would have liked 15 man raiding, 15 and 25 would be more logic then 10 and 25, it gives more ways to balance bosses (as in a 3 tank fight or a big healer fight or other use of abilities without a lot of benching) which means better raids for both size groups. With 11 classes a 10 man raid needs to at least bench 1 class each time, while a 15 man raid would give you 4 double options and still have all classes raiding, and gives possibiliteis for the future to add classes as well

Quote Originally Posted by Zehlkova View Post
    Also did anyone else catch that TF2 reference?
    I sure did, and then I scrolled through the comments on the official forums to see if anyone else did. Didn't see anyone mentioning it.

wowinterface.com just posted their review and has some new stuff http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43064 Some interesting info I haven't seen elsewhere even if you're not interested in the UI angle. One really interesting one was
    Addition of black market windows Auctions by NPCs of rare items for players to bid on.
    Sounds like our new gold sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazramu View Post
    Why does Garrosh have to be corrupted in order to become a target for his own faction? Couldn't they have written something more interesting, like say he made a pact with an alliance sect in order to quash a troll/tauren rebellion or something along those lines? I mean Alliance will always want to storm Orgrimmar, so that's not tough to come up with, but to have the Horde laying siege to their own town, one has to be really pissed off at their leader.
    I don't think blizzard would do something like that. Varian would never agree to something like that.

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 06:40 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fafnersbane View Post
    Whats the thing with Jaina ?

Horde is going to destroy Theramore

Deleted
    • Addition of black market windows
      • Auctions by NPCs of rare items for players to bid on.

Am I too paranoid to think that this combined with Battle.net Balance is a precursor / opens the door to buying gear from Blizzard for cash?
    "In addition, with the upcoming launch of Diablo III, players in certain regions will also be able to use their Battle.net Balance to acquire items from the game's currency-based auction house."

Already planned for Diablo III, with the addition of "Black Market" windows in WoW with items auctioned by NPCs ( ie Blizzard) instead of players isn't that a step to that direction?
    Last edited by mmocb2ea88a996; 2012-03-21 at 12:05 PM. Reason: formatting

Does anyone know if they are going to change the daily bg into 7 weekly bg's like with hc dungeons. It 's strange and annoying that you still need to do a bg a day, while it's more fun to do a couple of bg's in a row

I hope they aren't seriously considering making half of their player-base full blown badguys, but that seems to be the case with Mists.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyda View Post
    Few questions, Firstly the LFR loot system how will this decide who wins will u have to roll over say 80 or will is choose say 5 people who rolled the highest, little skepticle on this Secondly the mount and title account wipe business will this work with special titles and mounts, like will i be able to use Death's Demise title and my Swift Zulian Tiger on all toons and the required level ofc. Lastly, am i the only one that thinks this is a little weird like dragon turtle mount druid form changes ect. Are we seeing an early april fools?
    To answer briefly:

1.) LFR Loot System will work like this:

• You will only be rolling against yourself.
    • The bosses will have randomized loot for every single kill (Internal Loot - which you will not be able to see). Every time you kill a boss there's a chance of it dropping a certain item (About 3-4 different items per kill).
    • Every time you kill a raid boss that rewards loot, the game will automatically roll for you (This is also done internally).
    • If you win the roll & the boss has loot that you can put to use, you will get that loot.
    • If you win the roll & the boss does not have a loot for you, you will get gold instead.
    • If you lose the roll you obviously get nothing.
    • There is a possibility for "a bonus" roll using an item purchased from one of the Pandaren factions. This is "an extra" roll if you did not to win the loot with your first roll.

2.) Yes. You will be able to use every single mount you own on any character in the game. Only requirement is the level. To use Swift Zulian Tiger for example, you would have to be level 60 with you character (Considering you got this from the original Zul Gurub which was a level 60 raid).

3.) They aren't April fools and especially those new Druid forms (Glyphs) are a welcome addition to some players.
    Last edited by Aerion; 2012-03-21 at 04:53 PM.

Deleted
    I'm gonna master all the cooking skills and I WILL BECOME GORDON RAMSAY !!!