Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Much appreciated

I really should change my sig to show my general discontent with that despicable murderer. Maybe adding "in which Rytlock crushes him to jelly" at the end...
    Hmmmm that would work indeed... Although i would like for Rytlock to either carve a few pounds of logans flesh out for reasonable payment for his dastardly deeds, or make up and be friends again.... And to think i started to like logan towards the end of EoD, what a mistake that was!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Hmmmm that would work indeed... Although i would like for Rytlock to either carve a few pounds of logans flesh out for reasonable payment for his dastardly deeds, or make up and be friends again.... And to think i started to like logan towards the end of EoD, what a mistake that was!!
    Yh...he lulls you in with his dashing good looks and roguish outlook on life. Kills a fire harpy in a rather epic fashion. Becomes somewhat heroic. Then, wham. What a jerk.
    Snaff :'(

10+ Year Old Account
    Yh...he lulls you in with his dashing good looks and roguish outlook on life. Kills a fire harpy in a rather epic fashion. Becomes somewhat heroic. Then, wham. What a jerk.
    Snaff :'(
    mmo-champion should add a like button lol....

Don't forget that he also rocked his brother in their little spar, and was a fierce fighter who "fights like a charr."
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

mmo-champion should add a like button lol....

Don't forget that he also rocked his brother in their little spar, and was a fierce fighter who "fights like a charr."
    "jackass brother I never had" was one of the more touching moments of the book.
    And when he got the medallion thing.
    Such a jerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    "jackass brother I never had" was one of the more touching moments of the book.
    And when he got the medallion thing.
    Such a jerk.
    The fact all that happened moments before he plunged a knife in his back is what makes me hate him the most >=(

The fact all that happened moments before he plunged a knife in his back is what makes me hate him the most >=(
    I want to make a human guardian (dying race thing)...but he actually puts me off doing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to make a human guardian (dying race thing)...but he actually puts me off doing it.
    lol i was originally debating on Asura, Sylvari, and Human, then i read EoD and no longer want to be human anymore....

10+ Year Old Account
    lol i was originally debating on Asura, Sylvari, and Human, then i read EoD and no longer want to be human anymore....
    kryta is the new hood
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

I'll prob do it...just because I love the idea of a human guardian due to the dying race aspect of their story and how the guardian feels like it will be protecting them.
    However, when I RP him I think they will have some kind of personal grudge against Mr Logan Thackery and all of the Seraph. haven't decided yet. Will probably be like some kind of moral dilemma they were placed it that made them choose a dishonorable discharge over supporting the Seraph, and Logan adjudged the proceedings.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll prob do it...just because I love the idea of a human guardian due to the dying race aspect of their story and how the guardian feels like it will be protecting them.
    However, when I RP him I think they will have some kind of personal grudge against Mr Logan Thackery and all of the Seraph. haven't decided yet. Will probably be like some kind of moral dilemma they were placed it that made them choose a dishonorable discharge over supporting the Seraph, and Logan adjudged the proceedings.
    squrrel, dont damn logan until you see him in game

EoD wasnt written by grub

that's like saying tyrande is a terrible character b/c of wolfheart
    The Original Ganksta

I'd start by reading Ghosts of Ascalon followed by Edge of Destiny. Then any concepts you don't understand from there, go on over to the GW2 Wiki at http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page. There's some lovely stuff there, have a look at the Six Human Gods, the Searing, and the Elder Dragons articles and that should give you a good idea of the universe, what has happened, and why Asura are obviously the master race, bookah.
    Last edited by Shalim; 2012-03-21 at 04:06 AM. Reason: spellung
    Lolinternet.

Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post

Lolz......yes, sir! haha
    I've not damned him. He can redeem himself in my eyes

p.s. take everything I say with a pinch of salt. I'm seldom entirely serious.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was thinking of having my human being a descendant of my GW1 character, i think i might make my elementalist a human, but my main will likely be sylvari... regardless though i'll likely have my human like logan due to the two blood lines having good relations (IE ranger in GW1 really liked gwen, so always tried to stay in good standings with her), that doesn't change the fact that logan is scum until proven otherwise though lol...

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 11:27 PM ----------

Idc who it was written by lol, fact is books are canon so they had to be approved by the lore people to begin with!!

I was thinking of having my human being a descendant of my GW1 character, i think i might make my elementalist a human, but my main will likely be sylvari... regardless though i'll likely have my human like logan due to the two blood lines having good relations (IE ranger in GW1 really liked gwen, so always tried to stay in good standings with her), that doesn't change the fact that logan is scum until proven otherwise though lol...
    yh...thinking about making mine a descendant too...
    and combining my human's name from wow (it's a name i've used for like 15 years since u could name characters lol) with my GW1 name. Think I'll prob do that actually. It's got an interesting ring to it.

10+ Year Old Account

---------- Post added 2012-03-20 at 11:27 PM ----------

Idc who it was written by lol, fact is books are canon so they had to be approved by the lore people to begin with!!
    there is still going to be that disconnect from the books and the game

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 12:01 AM ----------

Lolz......yes, sir! haha
    I've not damned him. He can redeem himself in my eyes

p.s. take everything I say with a pinch of salt. I'm seldom entirely serious.
    if anything the reason i like logan so much (tho caithe is my favorite) is also why i love dougal

they both represent humanity's greatest fear in this universe, being wiped out. they are both resourceful and tough, showing the qualities humans need to have in order to survive. they are both defiant rebels, which is a mirror of the human's as a whole (see ebonhawke) not to mention logan is an ascalonian (due to his heritage) which is another giant "fuck you" to all charr he faces.

i can see logan being a very strong icon for the humans with all of the above qualities but he's also the CO for the seraph in divinities reach, putting him in a role comparable to rytlock

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 12:16 AM ----------

plus theres this:

He also allowed Rytlock to continue wielding Sohothin, despite earlier attempting to win it back for the humans.
    now if that's not an awesome guy who is
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-03-21 at 06:16 AM.
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    there is still going to be that disconnect from the books and the game

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 12:01 AM ----------

if anything the reason i like logan so much (tho caithe is my favorite) is also why i love dougal

they both represent humanity's greatest fear in this universe, being wiped out. they are both resourceful and tough, showing the qualities humans need to have in order to survive. they are both defiant rebels, which is a mirror of the human's as a whole (see ebonhawke) not to mention logan is an ascalonian (due to his heritage) which is another giant "fuck you" to all charr he faces.

i can see logan being a very strong icon for the humans with all of the above qualities but he's also the CO for the seraph in divinities reach, putting him in a role comparable to rytlock

---------- Post added 2012-03-21 at 12:16 AM ----------

plus theres this:

now if that's not an awesome guy who is
    I don't think Logan would've been able to take Sohothin from Rytlock easily at all, no idea who'd win that fight though it'd be pretty close!!

And i liked logan for the same reason you do (still like Dougal). However, until we find out that logan stabbed his team in the back so he could prevent his race from extinction, he's scum. Sorry, but i have an issue on stabbing your friends and teammates in the back lol, it's something i wont forgive logan for quickly without proper reason...

And about the disconnect i thought they said they were going to tie in the things that happened in the books to the game IE killeens grave will be there in game.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think Logan would've been able to take Sohothin from Rytlock easily at all, no idea who'd win that fight though it'd be pretty close!!

And i liked logan for the same reason you do (still like Dougal). However, until we find out that logan stabbed his team in the back so he could prevent his race from extinction, he's scum. Sorry, but i have an issue on stabbing your friends and teammates in the back lol, it's something i wont forgive logan for quickly without proper reason...
    they're never going to have him go out and say "i did it for..." if anything they only thing he'd say to justify himself is that he was sworn to protect her

im sorry if thats not enough for you but bottom line, if you're sworn to the queen to protect her you protect her

its akin to a charr becoming a gladium or disobeying their imperator

the only thing he needed to think is "protect the queen" requiring anything further to justify his actions is pretty much just complaining they killed off one of the 2 likeable asura in the entire game
    Last edited by Glytch; 2012-03-21 at 07:52 PM.
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    they're never going to have him go out and say "i did it for..." if anything they only thing he'd say to justify himself is that he was sworn to protect her

im sorry if thats not enough for you but bottom line, if you're sworn to the queen to protect her you protect her

its akin to a charr becoming a gladium or disobeying their imperator

the only thing he needed to think is "protect the queen" requiring anything further to justify his actions is pretty much just complaining they killed off one of the 2 likeable asura in the entire game
    That's actually 2 likeable asura now, first one died in GoA, then Snaff...
    And just gonna say this now, but if killing the dragon is anything like killing the champions (where all the minions just stop working), wouldn't he have been protecting the queen by killing the creature that was causing all the things to attack her?

10+ Year Old Account
    That's actually 2 likeable asura now, first one died in GoA, then Snaff...
    And just gonna say this now, but if killing the dragon is anything like killing the champions (where all the minions just stop working), wouldn't he have been protecting the queen by killing the creature that was causing all the things to attack her?
    so if it was dylan instead of logan would you still hate dylan
    The Original Ganksta

I've found this image to be helpful. It explains everything from all of the campaigns and important questlines in pretty simple terms.

http://i.imgur.com/hUrgz.jpg

Wall of text crits you for 3482305820.