Page 3 of 155 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    Now bad DK's won't be punished for deathgripping heroic mobs off the tank, because they were out of range >.<
    Bad DKs probably won't get that glyph.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

I'll agree, heals ≠ absorbs, but even then they aren't gonna design fights around having a DK DPS (or more) in the raid. Sure there might be cases where you don't actually need to do damage (think Mimiron's waiting phases or something like that) and using DC on the tank isn't costing you a lot of damage.
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunslinger View Post
    Healing =/= Shielding. More so they have different abilities. Even more than that they use mana as a resource where as DKs build their resources during battle. There are trade offs for healing team-mates if you are a Ret paladin, shadowpriests offer PASSIVE healing WHILE doing damage.
    It's not exactly the same thing but has the exact same effect, relieving healers. The only time you would actually use off healing is when healers are OOM. A shadowpriest flash heal crits for like 50k, same with enh/ele shamans. Compared to the shield effect which is pretty weak, 50% of attack power which on live would be ~15k. I don't think anyone is going to use or even be expected to be using this on tanks. That being said it would be really helpful in pvp.
    I wonder if the minor glyph that refunds RP when DC is used to heal will work with the shield effect, and if Runic Empowerment can proc from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartst View Post
    It's not exactly the same thing but has the exact same effect, relieving healers. The only time you would actually use off healing is when healers are OOM. A shadowpriest flash heal crits for like 50k, same with enh/ele shamans. Compared to the shield effect which is pretty weak, 50% of attack power which on live would be ~15k. I don't think anyone is going to use or even be expected to be using this on tanks. That being said it would be really helpful in pvp.
    I wonder if the minor glyph that refunds RP when DC is used to heal will work with the shield effect, and if Runic Empowerment can proc from it.
    Look at it this way. 15k shield with instant cast about once every 3-5 seconds or so depending on haste etc. at lvl 85. That's around the same shield provided from DS on blood tanks whey they barely take dmg or don't take dmg at all. Reducing 15k dmg about 2-3 hits out of /4 when fighting a boss on progression helps a LOT. Sure it helps PvPers but you've wasted your energy, procs and traded a (large) part of your damage. I'd love to be a shadow priest and offer passive healing or at least get 4% more dmg for 10 seconds each DC I'd use on a tank but that's not the case. 50k heal sure that's fine but it's still castable, it's not instant and it's a crit far from the average. The shield is has pretty much close to a priest's PW:S and it's even more effective than it since the PW:S leaves a debuff which prohibits the target from being shielded for the next 15 seconds. In 15 seconds you could cast 4-5 DCs on a tank (at least depending on spec/rp generation) which would be around 60k-75k (give or take a couple of Ks) damage reduction compared to a priest's PW:S that in the same duration would be 13-18k.

Quote Originally Posted by ice216 View Post

Icy Touch Icy touch dispells magic effects, will this roll over into HB aswell or do frost get screwed here?
    Because an AoE spammable purge isn't OP in the slightest...

Hello beta testers!

I have a few questions:

Where is Hungering Cold and Desecration? And how is the frost damage? Im seeing just Unholy upgrades!

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    there isn't much to do yet, no quests etc, so idk maybe
    solo new instances :P

... are they available yet? XD
    Quote Originally Posted by Archaeon View Post
    In tbc everyone wished they were playing vanilla. In cataclysm everyone will wish they were playing wotlk.
    ^------True story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Karazee View Post
    Because an AoE spammable purge isn't OP in the slightest...
    mass dispel?

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    mass dispel?
    True, but MD doesn't come with strong AoE damage and the potential (if talented) to apply a 50% root. Even if they were to include HB in with this glyph, it'd be nerfed quickly.
    @MagdalenaDK
    Plaguebearer

<Magdalena> There's really no way to say "There's a two hour long video of me on the Internet", without it sounding dirty is there?
    <Mionepony> Especially not if it's you...

The solution for this is just dispel the 'focus' target of Howling Blast, not all from the aoe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Atop the Golden Throne, wondering how it was easier to get up than back down.
    Quote Originally Posted by drivertz View Post
    The solution for this is just dispel the 'focus' target of Howling Blast, not all from the aoe.
    Or just not have it affect Howling Blast at all. Give Frost a reason to push *any other button* in PvP.

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 09:25 AM ----------

What glyphs are making a return in MoP, since we've only covered new ones? And any word on the new Runeforges?
    Leviatharan - Level 120 Blood Elf Unholy Death Knight - Inscription/Herbalism - <Conflux> - Drak'Tharon US

Now author of Morbid Musings, a blog dedicated to DK theorycraft. Ish.

Damn... we dont have a viable CC now. Huge nerf on RBG's taking out our hungering cold

.....Shadow Infusion and Dark Transformation work with the new pet. So this isn't too much of a problem in the end (depending on what you choose to control ofc)
    I assume SI and DT both increase damage, but what does a Dark Transformed, controlled undead look like? Or does it simply get the 60% damage buff and nothing else?
    Vereesa formerly of Paragon and Depraved
    WCL

It transforms it into the regular DT'd abomination we know.

Leads up to somewhat funny situations on some "mounted" undeads : http://i.imgur.com/3lsPa.jpg

Btw, I'm level 86 now, but xp is locked, so I can't get to 87 to test Soul Reaper. the tooltip says the execute part deals 100k+ damage though

Thats....amazing. Can't wait until they open up high levels so we can see some numbers. Too bad 100k hits probably aren't final.

10+ Year Old Account
    Finland, the night is dark and full of terrors.
    Too bad? Hell we would be broken for real. And is there anyone who can tell about frost?

Quote Originally Posted by chemicader View Post
    Too bad? Hell we would be broken for real. And is there anyone who can tell about frost?
    I'm really worried about frost. Seems like Frost DK is getting a huge nerf.

Mione this is why I need to get into the beta lol. Frost dk all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    Thats....amazing. Can't wait until they open up high levels so we can see some numbers. Too bad 100k hits probably aren't final.
    What's a 100k hit when you start levelling and find yourself with higher stam modifiers or something and suddenly got 500k HP or something? And people just go "lol AMS" or "lol CloS" and your execute is worthless. I remember times when "endgame" DpS had ~5k HP and warriors execute hit you for 2k+ all the time. Reaper - Asphyxiate would be a nice PvP finisher that way

Let's just see what it turns out to be.

Quote Originally Posted by drivertz View Post
    I'm really worried about frost. Seems like Frost DK is getting a huge nerf.
    It seems like there's no info on numbers yet so any talk about nerfs is bolloks.

sounds promising, thanks for the updates!
    VII.

Deleted
    What about DK PvP mobility in the beta? Did anything improve, especially for frost?
    For how much does Death Siphon heal?
    Last edited by mmocc9639e0326; 2012-03-22 at 08:34 PM.