Page 8 of 195 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    Update:
    -fixed a few abilities
    -added more abilities

Sorry about that guys! Everything yall have found should be up to date now on the first page. Keep it up.
    Hunters Mark now only 30 seconds. M4D glyph compulsary if that sicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowset View Post
    Where is intimidation? Removed? BM ability? Baseline for all?
    I'm guessing removed, or an ability learned for BM hunters.

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 09:35 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Carlaena View Post
    Hunters Mark now only 30 seconds. M4D glyph compulsary if that sicks.
    Oh right, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PWOKristy View Post
    Hunters should still be able to equip melee weapons! Just like how stupid warriors and such will still be able to equip ranged weapons. It's the only really fair thing to do. And Hunters' pets better have their talents still in Mists of Pandaria!
    You will, in place of a ranged weapon just like they can equip ranged weapons in place of a melee weapon... Only useful for looks but I'm sure we'll see hunters out there trying to run dungeons etc with melee weapons...

Quote Originally Posted by Jackbower View Post
    Steady Focus is "When you Steady Shot twice ina row, your ranged attack speed will be increased by 15% and your steady shot will generate 3 additional focus for 10 sec."
    Ugh, that was one talent I wasn't going to miss. If it's staying I hope they up the duration a bit.

trap launcher--toggle(like aspect), works for multiple traps, lasts till cancelled
    about time, we told you that in cata beta blizzard!

As of now all pet buffs are currently the same. There are no pet talents atm so I dont know if thats a bug or not implemented yet. The wolf crit buff is still there and does not stack with our trueshot aura. The cat pet still gives the battleshout.

No pet talents are implemented yet. The wolf crit buff does not stack with the trueshot aura. The other pets that i have seem to all be the same.

---------- Post added 2012-03-22 at 10:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    @Jackbower

Questions:

1. Have they removed any of the currently live cata glyphs? Changed any?
    2. Have pet talents changed?
    3. How powerful is explosive trap knockback (how far of a knockback)
    4. Did they properly make our attacks scale with weapon damage (stings, explosive shot, fire traps, snake trap (lol)
    5. Does binding shot move all players in the radius to the center (where you shot it)?
    6. Does flash freeze make frost trap have no cooldown as well, or just freezing? If only freezing, does using freezing trap with the talent trigger the cooldown of frost trap, or are they unlinked?
    7. Does Power shot have a cast time / how long?
    8. Are the cast times on steady/cobra/aimed/scare beast still the same?
    9. Does black ice trigger on ticks, and what is the interval, how long do you have to be in the trap to get the buff? Do you have to move while in it, or can you just be in it to get it?
    10. Any new pet families? (monkey,dog,cat are families)
    11. Do we have to put weapon chains on our ranged weapons now?
    12. Have the trigger radius on any of the traps changed?
    13. How much further back does the disengage glyph send you?
    14. Does camoflauge do anything to prevent dots from instantly breaking it when you use it in combat?
    15. (official talent calculator still shows marked for death as a MM ability, but there is a glyph for it that is better) Does marked for death still exist as a MM ability?
    16. Are snakes from snake trap still doing 45 damage and dying in one shot to any aoe, even with the glyph?
    17. Does the currently live glyph of concussive shot still exist? Does concussive shot still have same duration and cooldown?
    18. Do any of the new ranged snares (glyph of aimed shot, steady shot, glaive toss) have any sort of combined effect when used on top of concussive shot (so many new ranged snares seems pointless when concussive shot+glyph is more powerful)
    19. Can you say which of the glyphs are major/minor?
    20. Is there any change to Widow Venom?
    21. Does the mend pet glyph still make you take damage/silence from UA if it dispels it?
    22. Does Black Arrow/Serpent sting still cause scatter/wyvern to break? (Obviously serpent sting wouldn't break wyvern)
    23. Does chimera shot still get negated from a paladin's hand of protection?
    24. Does howling blast still go through deterrence?
    25. Do spells still go through deterrence when it is active while you are stunned? (latency bug when two effects happen at the same time)
    26. Do roots/ccs/stuns still cancel disengage?
    27. Piercing shots is gone? Did chimera/aimed/steady receive more relative damage or a bonus to critical damage than before to compensate?
    28. Have you seen anything to discourage black arrow/serpent sting from being dispelled yet?
    29. If you run out of the range of binding shot/ring of frost with deterrence on, does the affect still apply?
    30. Is intimidation removed, or did they give it to BM only?
    31. Are silencing/tranq shot still 35 yard range?
    32. How much damage does it take to break transmorph trap? (same as hex?)
    33. Are roar of sacrifice/recovery still the same?
    34. Does wild quiver still trigger on scatter shot and break the effect?
    35. Does master's call still get the cooldown used but not the effect given if it is used by your pet on a target that is out of your line of sight?
    36. Does disengage still trigger the cooldown when you try to use it while rooted?
    37. Is trap launcher still the same?
    38. Does the new deflect mechanic on deterrence for melee properly work on everything? (Rogues can't stun you through it, etc)
    39. I read dispells now dispel everything? Is that true? Does tranq shot still remove enrages?
    40. Do traps still have the same arming timer?
    41. Is Master Marksman still the same?
    42. Is beast cleave a frontal cleave, or 360? Only melee range?
    43. Does Aspect of the Cheetah actually turn the aspect off when struck?
    44. Can I use your account to make an awesome PvP video?
    I will test alot of these when i get home from school. Alot of the pet ones arent implemented talent wise. Intimidation is out of the game totally. The detterence deflection thing is casted spells only. So far wild quiver has yet to proc off Scatter shot.

As reference the explosive trap knocks back about the same distance you can disengage.

Power shot and barrage are all not implemented. Piercing shots is a built in talent when you spec MM, Master Marksman is the same, Widow venom is the same, Binding shot makes the target bound to the arrow it does not bring them closer to it, if they move close enough to it they will get attached and stunned if they move to far out it has a 1.5 min CD.
    Last edited by Jackbower; 2012-03-22 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by joepesci View Post
    Hunter talents in current MoP beta (ninjad from a hunter stream on twitch.tv):

Looks like they have changed a few things...
    Where's my transmorph trap?!
    f*ck transmoprh trap... why silencing shot is still in talent tree and not trainable ability... i mean NOTHING will ever be chosen over silencing shot other than binding shot situational use on some bosses in pve...
    Favor even after buffs cannot compete with thrill of the hunt in pve or readiness in pvp. Its simply worthless.

Having 3 different AOE skills at top tier aint exciting at all... MAge gets 3 different huge dmg buffers, we get aoe where none of those is even usefull in pvp. Our pve aoe is in right spot atm and changes to black arrow and beast cleave are more than enough, we can use some cleaving abilitiest like powershot or glaive toss, sure i dont mind, but i would like to see at elast 1 good pvp choice and only powershot can be picked and nobody knows anything about cast time or anything like this... Just give me old binding shot back on lvl 90 please...
    Last edited by Dexiefy; 2012-03-22 at 11:10 PM.

only powershot can be picked and nobody knows anything about cast time or anything like this
    Tooltip says that it is a 2.63 second cast with my haste so i believe its a 3 second cast time.

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post
    f*ck transmoprh trap... why silencing shot is still in talent tree and not trainable ability... i mean NOTHING will ever be chosen over silencing shot other than binding shot situational use on some bosses in pve...
    Favor even after buffs cannot compete with thrill of the hunt in pve or readiness in pvp. Its simply worthless.

Having 3 different AOE skills at top tier aint exciting at all... MAge gets 3 different huge dmg buffers, we get aoe where none of those is even usefull in pvp. Our pve aoe is in right spot atm and changes to black arrow and beast cleave are more than enough, we can use some cleaving abilitiest like powershot or glaive toss, sure i dont mind, but i would like to see at elast 1 good pvp choice and only powershot can be picked and nobody knows anything about cast time or anything like this... Just give me old binding shot back on lvl 90 please...
    While I more or less agree about Thrill of the Hunt and Silencing Shot, I don't agree at all for the level 90 tier. Glaive Toss isn't just an AoE, it's an AoE with a 50% snare on each target that has it's CD reset if it hits 2+ targets. And Barrage does quite a bit of damage, plus some side AoE. All 3 are great for PvP.

Is there any advantage if I switch my hunter from Blood Elf to Monk when MoP comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by Dexiefy View Post

Eh I am pretty sure I can do a shit ton more clutch stuff in PvP with binding arrow than I could ever with silencing shot.

Doesn't it move the people in the area to the arrow initially? So it would already interrupt a cast. The real question is, who would ever take silencing shot over binding arrow?

Deleted
    pandas get 100% more stats from bufffood. assuming there will be still agi foot around it would be the best racial (at least for alliance). not sure for horde since troll and orc have nice racials too.
    Last edited by mmoc3231ba3ffd; 2012-03-22 at 11:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zumi View Post
    Is there any advantage if I switch my hunter from Blood Elf to Monk when MoP comes out?
    the food buff racial is nice ( + 100% food buff) but if you die and get brezed you're out a racial
    no food buff in PVP ( arena RBG's)

Quote Originally Posted by Aettis View Post
    While I more or less agree about Thrill of the Hunt and Silencing Shot, I don't agree at all for the level 90 tier. Glaive Toss isn't just an AoE, it's an AoE with a 50% snare on each target that has it's CD reset if it hits 2+ targets. And Barrage does quite a bit of damage, plus some side AoE. All 3 are great for PvP.
    Hey, you know what an aoe with a 50% snare on the target with NO cd is? Multi-shot as MM.

Glaive toss is pretty irrelevant.

Deleted
    also afaik the 3 sec racial cc can be used as interrupt too.

@ bandet glaive toss is way cheaper in terms of focus since you merely will have bombardment buff up all the time in pvp. and it applies to all people in a 30 yard cone not just 8? yards around the target
    Last edited by mmoc3231ba3ffd; 2012-03-22 at 11:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    Hey, you know what an aoe with a 50% snare on the target with NO cd is? Multi-shot as MM.

Glaive toss is pretty irrelevant.
    At double the focus cost, sure, you could use multishot. I'm also going to assume Glaive Toss does more damage than Multishot, and hits twice.

Anywho, updating original post with some more abilities/changes.

The level 90 hunter abilities are all absolute GARBAGE for pvp, at least arena. I honestly don't think I'll even keybind them for arena. But, I guess we'll be balanced around them being garbage. I hate how they dangle an ability like binding shot in front of us then put it somewhere we can't justify taking it.

Aspect of the Hawk is 10% AP baseline, the Iron Hawk talent just adds on the damage reduction portion.

Deleted
    why do you think they are garbage? what did you expect, a /kill button?
    i think they are great utility and depending on your comp you can choose glaive toss or binding shot.