Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Warlock Tanking.

I am very supportive of the idea of warlocks tanking, it helps out two problems wow has, 1 a shortage of warlock and 2 a shortage of tanks.

Whats everyone thoughts?

While the idea does interest me... wont that give us 6 tanking classes??? and with the monks coming and most people going to play/try monks i highly doubt tanking will b a issue...
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

While they may not be needed (maybe) I reckon warlock tanking would bring a lot more people to the class and as only 4% of 85s are warlocks I think the popularity for the class is much needed.

Mmm as i said it will b interesting to see what happens. Wont make me play my lock again. But will be very interesting
    "Prepare for the unknown by studying how others in the past have coped with the unforeseeable and the unpredictable."
    "If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking."

General George S Patton

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really neat, but not all that useful, unless they're going to give us a fourth spec, like they did with druids. So that we could queue as tanks.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

I'd much rather see Blizzard fix warlocks weaknesses vs. melee, especially dealing with rogues.
    Last edited by Buttfear; 2012-03-24 at 12:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttfear View Post
    I'd much rather see Blizzard fix warlocks weaknesses vs. melee, especially dealing with rogues.
    Haven't you seen any of new abilities and talents?
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

If they do fix up the glyph to make Warlocks able to properly tank current content, I'd definitely tank on mine.

I am very much looking forward to it. Been playing the game nearly five years now, and my very first character rolled was a Warlock; he has been my main the entire time.

I have NEVER been this excited for my class.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't know about you but the idea of a caster tank to me is something that I think is long time coming they played around with it alot in BC, if they make it work I'll be playing my lock again, as it has been benched since ICC

Video Related, I'd mute the video, the music is bad.
    Sig by Safhira

As a warlock I would like to be able to tank heroics at least, reducing my queue time would be a welcome change but...

As a player I wouldn't like the direction if a pure class like a warlock was a viable tank. Also they have to buff warlocks in some ways because lack of parrry, dodge and a tanking mastery would mean that warlocks would be the hardest to heal tanks.

I personally don't expect that the current warlock tanking in beta will see, it will be better to break it fast then to change the function of the whole class. And btw if they did change the rolls warlocks would do then it would be as if we got 2 new classes instead of one.

Deleted
    The main problem of having a lack of Tanks isn't because there's not enough choices, it's just that some people don't like Tanking for whatever reasons. Giving Warlocks, or even Shaman, a Tank specc won't help the 'Tank deficit' too much.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post
    I don't know about you but the idea of a caster tank to me is something that I think is long time coming they played around with it alot in BC, if they make it work I'll be playing my lock again, as it has been benched since ICC

I see that video and I see chaos; not for the warlock, but for anything with the balls to try and square up to said warlock; bring on that tanking I say, because it far and away the coolest thing i've ever seen!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    The main problem of having a lack of Tanks isn't because there's not enough choices, it's just that some people don't like Tanking for whatever reasons. Giving Warlocks, or even Shaman, a Tank specc won't help the 'Tank deficit' too much.
    But it will give those people with those characters who might not otherwise roll a tank class the option of being tank, which might add more tanks overall. Hell, it might even get me to level my 'lock up from 70 to max if they did - I generally only level classes that can tank to cap anymore.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    Can't agree anymore strongly with this.
    Even the hero class of death knights with a huge amount of the levelling process removed did nothing to resolve any tank shortages.
    Even the prospect of the demon form tanking, allbeit more appealing than a bear form has been done before with druids so that is no arguement for it either.
    People simply want a class to be something it is not.

That permanent meta form might be the only reason why I return to WoW. Tanking in meta form would be the most amazing things in the entire game and I would be completely shocked if they make it viable.

So I say YES Bring on warlock tanking.
    Guild Wars 2 Was A Lie

Back when wow first came out and who did what wasn't quite firmly established, I would tank wailing caverns with my voidwalker. Later on, when I realized a warlock was a poor excuse for a dps class and I rerolled a
    Mage. I would welcome a change to one of the specs becoming a tank class the most obvious would be demonology because it could not only make the warlock a tank, but also make him a healer for the tank if it was done right, which would allow novice healers the ability to focus on dps healing, and heck even dpsing themselvesif done right. Could
    Be a cool twist to the traditional tank/heal/dps model.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypro View Post
    While the idea does interest me... wont that give us 6 tanking classes??? and with the monks coming and most people going to play/try monks i highly doubt tanking will b a issue...
    Tanking will always be an issue because people just don't like tanking and the leadership role it entails. They could make every class tank-capable, and people still wouldn't do it.
    ಠ_ಠ

Having a warlock being able to tank plus with introduction of Mon will defenitly increase the amount of people joining dungeons up as tank. I do most of my heroics on my warlock (my main) and I can imagine others as well BUT....

People don't like to tank, they didn't queue as a tank back in WOTLK when tanking heroics was piss easy. Even now the queue time hasn't really changed much as a dps, back in WOTLK I waited 15 mins, now I was between 10-15 mins average.

So my observation is that players in general don't like to tank, hell even when tanking heroics was easy (WOTLK) I saw dps Warriors, Paladins and DK rather queue as dps (they needed no gear) and wait 15 mins then to just queue up as tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulyouth View Post

Holy crap that video just made me drool all over my keyboard.

OT: I don't want a lock to be a tank except for 1 or 2 gimmick fights. Just imagine a demo lock as a tank while doing dps like other dps classes. That would be insanely overpowered and lead to demo being a tank only spec, with its damage lowered to other tanks, which I don't desire.
    Last edited by Honzi; 2012-03-24 at 10:24 PM.
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"