Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best Race for Paladin?

Thinking of rolling a Paladin.. Whats the best class for Pve for MOP? Will MOP new class choice make it a better choice to wait and roll one? or roll one now?

Healer?
    Tank?

How are Druids or Paladins for end game?

Thanks

Deleted
    I have a Paladin, i leveled it in early BC so I hadn't a clue what I was doing, i was a complete noob, but leveling it as ret till 30 would probably be wise then make an OS healer or tank whichever you prefer, Pallys are awesome at all 3 roles so take your pick, I play a Holy pally at 85 and thoroughly enjoy it

---------- Post added 2012-03-24 at 11:32 PM ----------

But if you were talking Race and not Spec I recommend anything but Blood Elf just because they suck :P

well.. I was thinking blood elf.. ( silence.. and Mana rejen) dyanie for the extra HOt.. or human for spirit?

Will spirit be changed in MOP?

Ive had a tank pally and a ret pally.. Im more asking for class changes for MOP as a healer..

I would go for paladin, however that's just being bias because I love the class in general. If you want to go horde, since you're not doing PVP, you're really only looking at base stats and one side of the racials. A little more HP for tauren and a 6% mana regain every two minutes for Blood Elves. With base stats, Tauren get a little more STR, and Blood Elves get a little more INT. Personally, I race changed from BE to Tauren.

10+ Year Old Account
    Taurens look silly in a lot of the Paladin gear, but Taurens themselves are just so cool. I'd recommend Horde Tauren and Alliance Dwarf

(Been a Tauren Paladin since Cata release)

Blood elves get an awesome mount and the Blood Knight tabard. Just sayin!

Don't go Human or Male drenie.

The rest is fine.

I really like the look of Dwarf and Blood Elves as Paladins, and as a Paladin the AoE Silence is quite handy.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SamR View Post
    Blood elves get an awesome mount and the Blood Knight tabard. Just sayin!
    My Tauren pally has a kick ass Sunwalker Kodo and a Blood Knight Tabard so there! Tauren Pally is best pally.

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    I really like the look of Dwarf and Blood Elves as Paladins, and as a Paladin the AoE Silence is quite handy.
    If you go with a BE and want to play Ret, do not pick a female. For some reason two handed weapons shrink like crazy when equipped by a BE female. I did a comparison once by having my then BE female pally stand next to other races who were holding 1h weapons and the majority of the time there 1h weapons looked bigger then the BE's 2h ones.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nomorepriest View Post
    Thinking of rolling a Paladin.. Whats the best class for Pve for MOP? Will MOP new class choice make it a better choice to wait and roll one? or roll one now?

Healer?
    Tank?

How are Druids or Paladins for end game?

Thanks
    Pve:
    Alliance - Retri: Draenei
    Alliance - Prot: Dwarf
    Alliance - Holy: Human

Horde - Retri: Blood Elf
    Horde - Prot: Tauren
    Horde - Holy: Blood Elf

PvP:
    Alliance - Retri: Human

Horde - Retri: Blood Elf
    Horde - Holy - Blood Elf

As of now, both Druids and Paladins are viable and good for endgame PvE. Holy Paladins are stronger than Resto Druids for PvP, Feral Druids are stronger than Retri Pallys in most aspects when it comes to PvP. So depends on what your preferred role is. Balance druids are strong on aoe fights in PvE, Ferals are somewhat meh, because there are fights where that spec is really bad, such as ultraxion for example. Retris are middle of the pack, both Holy Paladins, and Resto Druids are competetive healers in PvE.

Deleted
    I'm playing HPaladin for a year now, rerolled from Assa/Combat Rogue.

If you'd lvl a paladin as horde, go for a Blood Elf one. The AC is handy in pve (Mana Regen) and can be a killer in PvP (Silence effect timing). Beside this, Paladins in general are fun to play and bring a lot of cooldowns to a raid. They are the strongest players in most of the PvE situations in this tier, and have been in t12 & 11 also.

IF you'd level a paladin, go till lvl 15 asap with Prot spec, and stay to this. Just keep queue'ing up in the LFG system, and as a tank you should get spots rather quick. Paladins will be top dmg in those groups, and can selfheal the whole team (WoG). Due to this, you can faceroll quite fast through dungeons and lvl up really fast without ever doing anything else then dungeons. At 61, it becomes more boring, this is where you could swap out to Prot questing (still viable as you can pull 2-3 mobs at the same time) & retri lvl'ing.

Tauren for Tanking.
    Blood Elf For Healing.
    Draenei for Ret.

Whatever you do, don't roll a prot pally because you think it'll help you level faster by getting instant LFD queues. First of all, that is not true. You'll level fastest from 10-85 with Retribution spec, killing mobs one at a time. Second, last thing WoW needs more of is more noob tanks who aren't tanking because they like to.

Be human, be Ret, then figure it out later when you are in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Lappen View Post
    Whatever you do, don't roll a prot pally because you think it'll help you level faster by getting instant LFD queues. First of all, that is not true. You'll level fastest from 10-85 with Retribution spec, killing mobs one at a time. Second, last thing WoW needs more of is more noob tanks who aren't tanking because they like to.

Be human, be Ret, then figure it out later when you are in Cata.
    If you're a decent tank, random dungeon queues are by far the quickest way to level. With heirloom gear it's super easy to pull multiple groups or chain pull for fast runs. Hammer of the Righteous and Avenger's Shield make quick work of huge packs, and with the heirloom trinkets, at the low levels, you don't even need a healer.
    "Sociopaths are very good at figuring out ways to fuck people over without actually breaking any rules. One might even argue that it's the only thing they're really any good at. They certainly aren't very good at being people."

10+ Year Old Account
    Blood Elf>Tauren for all specs as Horde.

6% mana as holy
    AoE interrupt for tanking, and for DPS

Blood elf is best overall for holy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jkfremin View Post
    If you're a decent tank, random dungeon queues are by far the quickest way to level. With heirloom gear it's super easy to pull multiple groups or chain pull for fast runs. Hammer of the Righteous and Avenger's Shield make quick work of huge packs, and with the heirloom trinkets, at the low levels, you don't even need a healer.
    Not even close. A typical quest gives you XP close to 15 - 20 mobs, and you willing be killing mobs as you complete them. Elite mobs in an instance give you 2.5 times the XP of normal mobs. That's split five ways.

Basically, unless you are literally retarded and can't read, and you are a holy paladin auto-attacking, LFDs can't be faster even than determined solo-grinding of mobs, let alone questing and grinding.

*Just confirmed by running WC. Mobs in Loch Modan give 157 XP, same lvl mobs give 138 XP in WC.
    Last edited by Lappen; 2012-03-25 at 05:35 AM.

Alliance - Ret: Draenei
    Alliance - Prot: Dwarf

Horde - Ret: Tauren
    Horde - Prot: Tauren
    Horde - Holy: Blood Elf

Female Tauren /thread

Completely depends on waht you like. Arcane torrent is good for Tanks as a AOE silence. For holy as mana return.
    Tauren get more stamina.
    I played human in TBC but changed to Belf in wrath. I dont like taurens at all so there you go.

Racial wise;
    Horde; Tauren for stamina or Belf for aoe silence/mana return
    Ally; Human for pvp, Dranei suits everything except holy. Dwarf for armor

Tauren and Dwarf Paladins look the most badass IMO.

Racials wise:

Tauren for tank, dps
    Dwarf for tank, dps
    Blood Elf for healing
    Draenei for dps
    Human for pvp, healing
    Last edited by muto; 2012-03-25 at 11:01 AM.