Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Movie: Mists of Pandaria Shadowpriest Talents and Spells

Hey Guys!
    This is a quick overview about new shadowpriest talents and spells in
    Mists of Pandaria. Hope you enjoy!

(watch in 720 or 1080p)

Everything you see is early beta status and subject to change.
    <inactive>

Thank you very much, Theed. VE looks really strong but I'd like to also keep our trickle of extra health from damage. Maybe VE can be the steady, constant trickle of 6%, then if they brought back Vampiric Dominance in some form it can be the big burst of self-healing on cooldown. But who knows what they'll do?

You will keep us mortals apprised of changes?

Question: When you pop VE, do dots already on your targets begin to heal you, or do you have to recast them to gain the benefit?
    Last edited by Annesh; 2012-03-25 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    You will keep us mortals apprised of changes?

Question: When you pop VE, do dots already on your targets begin to heal you, or do you have to recast them to gain the benefit?
    Sure!

They instantly begin to heal when activating VE. No recasting needed.
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    Sure!

That's a nice re-" vamp " of the spell VE. Massive healing on CD is always nice. Void shift was looking fancy to, but we'll see how things play out during beta in the next month.

So far, I like the direction they're going by removing our healing options and replacing them with shadow specific heals.
    Last edited by Varako; 2012-03-25 at 01:06 PM.

Sure!

Awesome. Have a feeling it's going to get nerfed, but hopefully it will still be close to as awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Varako View Post
    That's a nice re-" vamp " of the spell VE. Massive healing on CD is always nice. Void shift was looking fancy to, but we'll see how things play out during beta in the next month.

So far, I like the direction they're going by removing our healing options and replacing them with shadow specific heals.
    I agree.. I hope they rework Psyfiend (it shares cd with psychic scream :S) and some other talents like vow of unity, and give us more options to spend shadoworbs -> for example shadowmend(instant shadow heal), blackout(instant stun) or a spell that reduces cooldowns by x seconds per shadow orb. I will keep you guys updated!
    <inactive>

I agree.. I hope they rework Psyfiend (it shares cd with psychic scream :S) and some other talents like vow of unity, and give us more options to spend shadoworbs -> for example shadowmend(instant shadow heal), blackout(instant stun) or a spell that reduces cooldowns by x seconds per shadow orb. I will keep you guys updated!
    Hey Theed can't u start stream the beta, would be alot of fun

Deleted
    We will be going through some nice change^^.

I just have a few questions:

-SWP generates orbs only at the application or every tic?
    -Does MF still refreshes the duration of SWP?
    -Is the damage of the images actually worth using? Or only to be used when moving?
    -No sign of a reduction damage from the SWD recoil? and does it still give back 10% mana?
    -is the healing with VT equivalent to the 6% we have on live with VE?
    -Have you been able to test out the new priest spell? Spectral guise? Do you still receive damage when hit or is like a second dispersion for 6sec or 3 hits?( the later would be nice )
    Last edited by mmocfc3a103b64; 2012-03-27 at 07:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    -SWP generates orbs only at the application or every tic?
    -Does MF still refreshes the duration of SWP?
    -Is the damage of the images actually worth using? Or only to be used when moving?
    -No sign of a reduction damage from the SWD recoil? and does it still give back 10% mana?
    -is the healing with VT equivalent to the 6% we have on live with VE?
    -Have you been able to test out the new priest spell? Spectral guise? Do you still receive damage when hit or is like a second dispersion for 6sec or 3 hits?( the later would be nice )
    - Only on application
    - No it doesn't.
    - Press the button whenever you have 3 Orbs. Else you're wasting GCDs
    - The recoil currently is only the base X damage, regardless of the target taking 4X times damage (going after the new wording on the tooltip, this might be intended). No mana return.
    - It's 15% of VT damage, that's less than the 6% of all damage on live.
    - You can't reach lvl 87, so no chance to test it.

Deleted
    Thx
    I hope they insert some decent mana regen system;d Like thunderstorm for ele's. Else it's gona be rough manawise on aoe/multi doting fights, with only dispersion and SF( and the cd is no longer reduced by crits of MF). I hope they put back the 10% through SWD.

Didn't read the apparition tooltip;s didn't see it used all the orbs;x
    I forgot to ask about Divine star, will it do shadow dmg for SP, or will it be holy based?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Falsified View Post
    Thx

I forgot to ask about Divine star, will it do shadow dmg for SP, or will it be holy based?
    I read somewhere that they plan to make a shadow version of it, kind of like sending a massive wave of shadow force through the target.

Man, oh man, you my friend, are an old school shadowpriest.....bringing up the old school RNG blackout talent. I'm not gonna lie, that would be really nice to see that return without the RNG. Maybe a major glyph affiliated with the burst damage on SW:P? Internal CD of 1 minute?

Ill put my bottom dollar on Shadowmend being the new Teir 90 talent. They can work it out to have an effect for holy/disc.

Reducing CD's is an interesting idea, but we dont have 2 many spells on CD.

How's 4 pc t13 work with the new orb system? Broken or changed?

Deleted
    nice video. /like

Quick question: Since you have to spent an orb to use mind blast now, is there any decent way to burst without grabbing divine insight for mind melt?

Quote Originally Posted by Tollfree View Post
    Quick question: Since you have to spent an orb to use mind blast now, is there any decent way to burst without grabbing divine insight for mind melt?
    1) Did you even watch the video?

2) Mindblasts generates Shadoworbs, Apparition consumes them
    3) Divine Insight gives MB a chance to proc a SW buff that allows it 4x damage to work on targets above 20% health.
    4) Mind Melt is a Glyph.

Uh, did anyone else realize how amazing Dominate Mind -> Void Shift is? I don't have sound at this moment, so I couldn't catch if you said it does or does not work in PvP. But that's pretty sweet, and I was hoping someone in the beta would answer my question about it.

Mind Dominance + Void shift is OP. Can't see Blizzard allow priest have something that awesome on live.

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiroth View Post
    How's 4 pc t13 work with the new orb system? Broken or changed?
    Changed. The 4pc now increases the damage of your sw:p instead of giving you orbs.

---------- Post added 2012-03-30 at 04:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SoldierStevens View Post
    Uh, did anyone else realize how amazing Dominate Mind -> Void Shift is? I don't have sound at this moment, so I couldn't catch if you said it does or does not work in PvP. But that's pretty sweet, and I was hoping someone in the beta would answer my question about it.
    You can use it in pvp. I did some duels with Veiled on the Beta and you absolutely can Dominate Mind someone and then void shift them. Also... void shift is a convenient way to heal yourself and one other person without losing shadowform.

Yeah Dominate+Void Shift won't last, and good riddance. Void Shift shouldn't even exist, it's much more of a warlock thing than a priest thing. I'd much rather have solid new abilities, rather than dumb gimmicks.