Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Please, just take a step back and calm down.

Will this access be granted on day one of the beta?
    Or is it possible that we won't get access until, say, the last 3 days?
    Is there a possibility that we will not be given access to the beta at all?
    Quote Originally Posted by Vrakthris
    Access to beta is sent out in waves. I don't have details as to what wave you may be in but it will likely be when testing moves to the open beta phase.

Source: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...14?page=12#229

October 25, 2011.

I try to stay out of nonsense like this, but you people are literally getting upset over nothing.

I don't recall anyone raising their torches and pitchforks when it was ORIGINALLY stated that beta access would be sent out in waves.

It's just another example of how no matter what Blizzard does, it's never good enough for some people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

Yeah, pretty much. You've got to remember though that it's the vocal minority that is loudest around the WoW community. They also tend to be the self important, egotistical, self entitled cry babies.

Most of us who signed up for the AP (myself included) aren't sweating it. Of course, I have other things to do with my time...

Quote Originally Posted by Friberg View Post
    yes they said AP'ers will get beta access when the beta goes live, they did not specify when exactly you get this access, they didnt say "immediantly"

i've come here to read about mop related details and discussions, not be burried in "qq im not in the beta that i wont play anyway" topics. surely these kind of threads should be locked now with "the contract you signed and agreed too clearly states blizzard can change anything they wish, deal with it" written all over it

Discussion over. Whiners and criers, please STFU and go away.

Ofcourse its the vocal people getting all worked up, I don't see anywhere (including that video) Blizz promising day 1 beta access, people just love to hate Blizz.
    "I'm a beaver in a hole, if you don't know what that is then I feel sorry for you"

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    yes they said AP'ers will get beta access when the beta goes live, they did not specify when exactly you get this access, they didnt say "immediantly"(
    They said you will get access when the beta goes live... but didn't say when you will get access!?

I'm not an english major, but usually the word "when" and following descriptors tends to be when something is defined as being a specific time.

o_O

I bet Blizzard wishes their employees got this upset when they couldn't work extra weekends for them.

Every beta and every early access for every game has worked the same way. They always come in waves; stop crying about not getting in yet.

most people don't have a problem with it being in waves, they have a problem with people that just opted in getting access before them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blue posts and youtube vids aren't really that important when it comes to the arguement and I can guarantee you 99/100 people didn't read a word of their contract before they signed up for AP. I haven't seen anything from Blizzard that seems unreasonable at this point given that they can't let 1 million people into beta from the get go.

There is no point in bringing this up unless you're trying to pick a fight. No matter how stupid you feel it was that people did not read what they signed up for, it's not going to undo months of them thinking something was going to happen and then it not happening. Let them be. Just because they're venting doesn't mean you have to read their posts.

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    They said you will get access when the beta goes live... but didn't say when you will get access!?

I'm not an english major, but usually the word "when" and following descriptors tends to be when something is defined as being a specific time.

o_O
    From one of the numerous other threads about the same damn thing.

Quote Originally Posted by frequency View Post
    "...when beta goes live..."
    When is a conditional, meaning at a time when beta is available you will have access to it.
    When does not mean, the moment beta is available you will receive access.
    I found I enjoyed the game significantly more when I stopped paying attention to all the people on the forums telling me how much I am supposed to hate it
    All this complaining is simply further proof that Blizzard could send each and every player a real-life wish-granting flying unicorn carrying a solid gold plate of chocolate chip cookies wrapped in hundred dollar bills, and someone would whine that Blizzard sucks for not letting them choose oatmeal raisin.

10+ Year Old Account
    They did specifically state ... "WHEN IT GOES LIVE" ...again for emphasis...remember..."WHEN IT GOES LIVE" so yes people have the right to be pissed off about this...HOWEVER because they are a huge company they always plug little loopholes to protect themselves...aka "we can change this at anytime without any warning".

Best part in this we havent actually paid to get the acces either (as some people seem to belive). All we've done is sign up for a 1 year of subbing to wow (not paying more or less than we would have done for 1 year anyway).

Cant say its any suprise they had to change it cos of the amount of people who took it. 1 million all at once would have been quite the big beta group :P
    I was Once a Nab
    Then I rolled a Paladin
    Thats when I found out
    that I REALLY was a Nab

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceDuck View Post
    yes they said AP'ers will get beta access when the beta goes live, they did not specify when exactly you get this access, they didnt say "immediantly"

i've come here to read about mop related details and discussions, not be burried in "qq im not in the beta that i wont play anyway" topics. surely these kind of threads should be locked now with "the contract you signed and agreed too clearly states blizzard can change anything they wish, deal with it" writt all over it
    Saying we get it "when it goes live" would mean the DAY it goes live. there is no other way to interpret that, because we obviously get it when it goes live, we cant get beta before than because there is no beta prior it to going live, that would be alpha.

I'm not getting all crazy about it because as much as I want to see it and play it, i know i have other things to do. So even if I got it day of and it lasted until the final day, i would still not be on it all the time. Personally I would rather wait a little bit so i can see stuff more completed, and experience what the game Is going to look like, and test that stuff. Seeing partially completed zones is not the part of beta i enjoy myself.

Deleted
    do we need another thread like this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post

o_O
    If someone gives you a free ticket to see a movie and says "you will be able to she this movie for when it is released in theater." That doesn't doesn't mean you get to see it for free the very first showing on the release day, it means during the time period that is released in theaters. Could be the first day or 3 weeks later.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurbz View Post
    From one of the numerous other threads about the same damn thing.
    It isn't a good business practice to ambiguously twist words. By any other denotative interpretation of that sentence, one could safely assume that beta access would be given when the beta is live, not further down the beta in waves. Blizzard should (in my opinion) clarify what they were intending to state.

Not that it matters to me, I'm just pointing out that a company when addressing the public needs to maintain a level of consistency in their messages if they wish to avoid an irate audience.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    It isn't a good business practice to ambiguously twist words. By any other denotative interpretation of that sentence, one could safely assume that beta access would be given when the beta is live, not further down the beta in waves. Blizzard should (in my opinion) clarify what they were intending to state.

Not that it matters to me, I'm just pointing out that a company when addressing the public needs to maintain a level of consistency in their messages.
    It's actually an excellent practice to be ambiguous in business because then there are no proper declarations that could lead to lawsuits.