10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Shitty mantra of pain damage is still shitty
    While I hate to use this phrase, it certainly applies here....

Beta is beta.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

According to the the video the Yogscast released they said the ball thingy("2" skill) didn't get removed, but instead got rolled into the "1" ability.
    http://youtu.be/kdEvtzdVl8U?t=3m5s

So I thinks its a pure win for you staff Mesmers.
    Last edited by PonyCannon; 2012-03-26 at 09:21 PM.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    the ball thing? I kinda liked it for a group thing. Chaos storm long cd isn't enough for boons to my allies damn it!

there goes my build
    They sorta merged it with the first skill. I like it.

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 04:19 PM ----------

Dam Pony beat me to it .

Shitty mantra of pain damage is still shitty

Anyone know how much mantra of restoration heals for?

Since nobody tested mantras last testing phase..... 3 days and not one mantra of restoration??

wtf...
    How do you know what damage Mantra of Pain does? And if it truly is pathetic, surely they will buff it.

And can you attack someone and charge mantra at the same time?

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    According to the the video the Yogscast released they said the ball thingy("2" skill) didn't get removed, but instead got rolled into the "1" ability.

Holy shit! SHIT JUST GOT MOAR SERIOUS

And can you attack someone and charge mantra at the same time?
    Charging a mantra takes about 8 seconds, its however instant cast after that though.
    How do you know what damage Mantra of Pain does? And if it truly is pathetic, surely they will buff it.
    There was one video of someone using it (the only person who used it) and its damage was the same as spam attack 1
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Charging a mantra takes about 8 seconds, its however instant cast after that though.
    Yeah but, what I mean is can I use my other abilities and when want click on a mantra and it starts charging while I attack.

Or do I need to be still while it charges?

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    Yeah but, what I mean is can I use my other abilities and when want click on a mantra and it starts charging while I attack.

Or do I need to be still while it charges?
    I think you can move while charging, but you can't attack while charging it. (kinda defeats the purpose if it did).

I think you can move while charging, but you can't attack while charging it. (kinda defeats the purpose if it did).
    That would actually be a pretty cool mechanic if you only had a certain amount of time to use it after charging. Not being able to use it during actual combat kind of kills it's use in long fights

Imagine having 3 clones and summoning the Warband. Charr is def. the way to go.
    Last edited by ganglord; 2012-03-26 at 09:50 PM.

That would actually be a pretty cool mechanic if you only had a certain amount of time to use it after charging. Not being able to use it during actual combat kind of kills it's use in long fights
    The point of it, is its suppose to have a long cast but have a big effect. 8 second isn't too long also. However some of the mantras seem underwhelming.

Zito are you sure charge will be eight seconds? Wiki says three.

It just sounds too long to try and charge it mid fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like the new flurry ability sword mesmers got. Makes dual wield swords much more viable for pvp. Perhaps my dreams of being a battle mage mesmer will come to fruition.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Champion View Post
    Zito are you sure charge will be eight seconds? Wiki says three.

It just sounds too long to try and charge it mid fight.
    From the mantra of pain video, it took around 8 seconds it looked like. It could have changed. Since the mantras were so weak they could of either changed the charge time or buff them significantly.

Their original purpose though was for you to use it pre-fight and have it omgwtfbbq powerful.

I like the new flurry ability sword mesmers got. Makes dual wield swords much more viable for pvp. Perhaps my dreams of being a battle mage mesmer will come to fruition.
    I still say elementalist is closer to a battle mage if anything in this game. Double dagger +3 summon elemental weapons meant for melee.

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 10:35 PM ----------

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mantra_of_Pain

That arrow thing is it's cd (recharge) not the actual charge time btw.
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-26 at 10:35 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    blegh, elementalists just seem like a bore no matter what weapon they use. A sword mesmer may not have the mechanics and abilities of a battle mages, but at least feels like a battle mage, WHICH IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO ME! But I too am interested how mantras will play out, they seem interesting, but might be a pain the ass.

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 10:51 PM ----------

Seems like I'll probably get decoy, distortion, and mantra of pain depending on how good it is. I'll get ether feast for healing, and moa bird for pvp since it doesn't seem to break on damage making it amazing if you're getting up close and personal, and time warp for pve.

---------- Post added 2012-03-26 at 10:54 PM ----------

By the way, are there any new good mesmer videos?
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2012-03-26 at 10:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Double dagger +3 summon elemental weapons meant for melee.
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Conjure

Well two of them are technically ranged. The bow is a bow, and the Lava Axe is a thrown weapon.

I'm not sure what the greatsword elite skill is yet. The main attack is named "Flame Wave" so I'm not sure what to think.

You do have a point though, elementalists will make for great "battle mages" through double dagger.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Roggles, Distortion is now part of the shatter mechanic. I'm taking Decoy and Mantra of Pain too but Mirror for healing. Portal seems interesting, but have to wait and see how good it will actually be.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Conjure
    I'm not sure what the greatsword elite skill is yet. The main attack is named "Flame Wave" so I'm not sure what to think.
    I saw a video a while back and I think the great sword is ranged. I remember the animation being a slash through the air and it shooting some sort of fireball.

I saw a video a while back and I think the great sword is ranged. I remember the animation being a slash through the air and it shooting some sort of fireball.

It's kind of half and half

Ugh, Yogscast. "Look how little damage I'm doing!" *watches him just spam his autoattack and stay still while fighting* /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    Ugh, Yogscast. "Look how little damage I'm doing!" *watches him just spam his autoattack and stay still while fighting* /facepalm
    For a spam attack that yes applies random conditions, its damage was pretty weak.