10+ Year Old Account
    Super excited for this Profession. I plan to go two handed, I'll have to see how it plays out though!
    "ll lll lllll ll lll lllll llll" Thats Bar code for "Moo."

10+ Year Old Account
    Gotta say i don't care how little damage the auto attack does, it can do 2 damage at lv 80 for all i care as long as the conditions tick for enough...and if you don't like the randomness of the stave, don't use it, the entire appeal of the staff to me is the fact that it's totally random and unpredictable, just imagine the rage you'll be getting in PVP because of your unpredictableness!!
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    Gotta say i don't care how little damage the auto attack does, it can do 2 damage at lv 80 for all i care as long as the conditions tick for enough...and if you don't like the randomness of the stave, don't use it, the entire appeal of the staff to me is the fact that it's totally random and unpredictable, just imagine the rage you'll be getting in PVP because of your unpredictableness!!
    I'm just saying it should have a little leverage to lean on because 5 cripples in a row will happen :/

"oh this condition isn't doing to well but I'm slowly chipping away with its damage"

is better than

"oh this condition sucks I'm not getting anywhere."
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I'm just saying it should have a little leverage to lean on because 5 cripples in a row will happen :/

"oh this condition isn't doing to well but I'm slowly chipping away with its damage"

is better than

"oh this condition sucks I'm not getting anywhere."
    you take the good in the bad, you also have to realize that you will hit them 5 times in the row with burning and laugh hysterically as they die in a matter of seconds, when you rely on RNG you have to understand sometimes you'll completely wreck them, and sometimes you wont do to much against them, and if you feel like your rng is being shitty swap weapons, if you hit them 5 times with cripple they're going absolutely NOWHERE fast, so you'll be able to cut them good with swords >=D!! (i plan on doing sword/torch and staff so cripples will be just as welcome as damage to me)
    Youre in the mmo forums and you find mmos boring, Im heading on over to the twilight forums to add my unecessary and shallow 2 cents.

you take the good in the bad, you also have to realize that you will hit them 5 times in the row with burning and laugh hysterically as they die in a matter of seconds, when you rely on RNG you have to understand sometimes you'll completely wreck them, and sometimes you wont do to much against them, and if you feel like your rng is being shitty swap weapons, if you hit them 5 times with cripple they're going absolutely NOWHERE fast, so you'll be able to cut them good with swords >=D!! (i plan on doing sword/torch and staff so cripples will be just as welcome as damage to me)
    I think a little leeway is good for when the bad happens. 200ish damage seems decent on our 20k health pools. Not to high to make a significant difference but not to low to be utter useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think a little leeway is good for when the bad happens. 200ish damage seems decent on our 20k health pools. Not to high to make a significant difference but not to low to be utter useless.
    it'll probably go up, not sure about 200ish, maybe around 100ish to kinda show that you want to rely on conditions more then the damage, it'd also give you that -decent- damage if you do hit horrible RNG...

it'll probably go up, not sure about 200ish, maybe around 100ish to kinda show that you want to rely on conditions more then the damage, it'd also give you that -decent- damage if you do hit horrible RNG...
    I mean if the initial damage is going to be so low like less than 1% of health pools... why have it do damage in the first place?
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-27 at 01:13 AM.

I mean if the initial damage is going to be so low like less than 1% of health pools... why have it do damage in the first place?
    Because it stacks in intensity.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    He's talking about the damage of the autoattack, not the damage of the conditions.

The autoattack's damage won't stack in intensity... it's just the autoattack.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    He's talking about the damage of the autoattack, not the damage of the conditions.

The autoattack's damage won't stack in intensity... it's just the autoattack.
    I see my bad. Having some damage > no damage at all?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mostly this... If you got a stack of bleeds as well as burning and poison and vulnerability etc they'll be gettin wrecked if you were also doing 200dmg, not to mention that you're also going boons to yourself and other allies, and spreading conditions etc etc, keep in mind that it bounces...

I see my bad. Having some damage > no damage at all?
    It's just a slap in the face tbh. A little leeway that's all I'm suggesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Something about that video that very clearly will need to be addressed (and beta is beta just for this reason, I know)...how long it takes for his real model to reappear after his Norn shapeshifts wear off. That doesn't bode well for illusions at all. =D
    The Norn shapeshifts are about 30 seconds long.
    Quote Originally Posted by SW:TOR
    Jokerseven - Kinetic Combat Shadow - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Ce'lia - Combat Sentinel - Praxeum - Canderous Ordo
    Sentinel PVE Basics for the two Specs that matter

It's just a slap in the face tbh. A little leeway that's all I'm suggesting.
    Perhaps a mechanic that'll allow you to do more autoattack damage the more conditions the foe has on them. That'll synergize nicely with the rest of the Staves kit

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Not the duration. You'll notice that when they wear off, he's simply invisible for a while before his normal model actually appears.

Could just be bad lag or a crappy box, but if newly spawned illusions took 2-4 seconds to actually render each time, that'd be pretty lame.
    Seems to be a problem with most of the shapeshifts ATM. I remember seeing a event in the Norn (I think) starting area where the same thing occurred while shifting into a snow leopard cub.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

So Mesmers got a bitch of an update!

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mesmer_skills

Shatter

Distortion - replaced reflection, now grants you 1 second of distortion (which evades all attacks) for each clone shattered.
    Diversion - replaced stun, now dazes foes

Greatsword

Mirrored blade - Replaced feigned escape, now sends an illusionary sword that bounces between targets that gives vulnerability to foes and might to allies.

Staff

Winds of Chaos - Replaced spam attack 1, has no cooldown and same effect it did before
    Feigned escape - Was once a greatsword skill now a staff skill! It replaced the old summon a clone that inflicts conditions, now its roll back and summon a clone that inflicts conditions!
    Chaos armor - Replaced old winds of chaos, whenever you are struck you gain a boon and inflict a condition to the foe.

Scepter

Counter Spell - New chain attack with illusionary counter, after illusionary counter use counter spell to blind the foe. Only available if illusionary counter fails.

Sword (Prepared to be blown!)

Blurred Frenzy - Replaced old leap (summon a clone to leap at your target), now sends out a flurry of attacks (channeled) while channeled you evade all attacks.
    Swap - New chain attack after using new leap (leap at your target summoning a clone at the old location) now switches places with you and the summon clone!

New Traits:

Domination
    Cleansing conflagration - Torch skills now remove conditions
    Glamours(?!?!) confuse foes that enter and exit its area
    Harmonious Mantras - Mantras can be used twice before having to recharge
    Shattered concentration - Shatters now remove boons

Dueling

Blurred inscriptions - Using a signet gives 1 second of evading
    Far-reaching Manipulations - The range of your manipulation(?!?!?!) skills is increased
    Furious interruption - Gain 3 seconds of fury when you interrupt a foe
    Mantra mastery - Recharge on mantras is reduced by 20%
    Sharper Images - Illusions cause bleeds on critical hits

Chaos

Bountiful Interruption - Gain a boon when you interrupt an enemy
    Chaotic Interruption - When you interrupt an enemy they gain a condition
    Chaotic Revival - Gain 5 seconds of Chaos Armor when you rally.
    Cleansing Inscriptions - Activating a signet removes a condition.
    Illusionary Defense - 3% reduced damage for each illusion you have in the world.
    Master of Manipulation - Manipulation skills have 20% shorter recharges.

Inspiration

Glamour Mastery - Recharge for Glamour skills is 20% faster.
    Malicious Sorcery -+50 Malice when wielding a scepter.
    Medic's Feedback - Create a Feedback bubble while reviving an ally.
    Mender's Purity - Remove a condition when you heal.
    Shattered Conditions - Using a Shatter skill removes a condition from you.
    Temporal Enchanter - Your Glamour skills last longer.
    Warden's Feedback - Focus skills reflect projectiles.

Illusions

Blinding Befuddlement - Cause confusion when you blind an enemy.
    Compounding Power - +3% extra damage for each illusion you have created.
    Dazzling Glamours - Blind foes at target location when you execute a Glamour skill.
    Illusionary Elasticity - Bouncing attacks bounce an additional time.
    Illusionary Invigoration - Recharge all of your Shatters at 50% health. (90 second cooldown)
    Illusionary Persona - When Shattering illusions cause the shatter effect on yourself as well.
    Imbued Diversion - Diversion hits multiple targets.
    Masterful Reflection - Distortion (F4) also grants reflection.

So the big question is, wtf is a glamour and what counts as a manipulation skill?
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-28 at 12:22 AM.

So the big question is, wtf is a glamour and what counts as a manipulation skill?
    Was wondering the same thing.

Love the changes, skills that do something more than just summon illusions are a great direction. More of that please.

What's good about the changes is they actually sat down and said about the mesmer:

"Ok what the hell was stupidly redundant and how do we change it"

Sword was probably the biggest piece of crap in terms of weapons but now it is just amazing.

Staff also lacked some escape mechanic, turning the just a clone into a dodge roll clone was a good move, a long with the spam attack.

HOWEVER

There are still some stupid glaring issues:

-Clone spawning time is still slloooowwwwwwwww, takes like 3 seconds, you are not confusing someone when it takes that long to summon up the thing you use to confuse
    -We still don't know if summoning a clone drops the target
    -We don't know if they changed per-cloning to where you can actually.... pre-clone....
    -Still nobody tested mantras (OMFG RLLY, pissing me off). First thing I god damn do in aprils beta.... TEST THE DAMN MANTRAS
    Last edited by zito; 2012-03-28 at 12:01 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not sure if I like the new Distortion. Will it immediately blow up all the illusions, or will the illusions run in, explode for damage, and then you get Distortion?

Preferred the old version.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Not sure if I like the new Distortion. Will it immediately blow up all the illusions, or will the illusions run in, explode for damage, and then you get Distortion?

Preferred the old version.
    The choice in this matter is, do you want damage or do you want to freaken live? That's why there is 4 shatters.