Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

[BETA] Mists of Pandaria Professions Overview (Updated 4th May)

As the beta progresses this will be updated with what information we know about professions. This is not a guide to the best endgame professions in MoP; that will come later once we've discovered all of the level 90 profession perks.

As of the time of writing this information is quite limited, but if you are in the beta and find out any information here is not correct, or find something new, please let me know and it'll be updated! I will update this as and when we get more information about drop locations, trainers, and more.

Bear in mind that much of this information is currently datamined and may not necessarily have correct tooltips, or even make it into the game, furthermore, the beta changes quite a lot and watch the front page for beta updates!

In Mists of Pandaria, it is confirmed that all professions will go to a max of 600 skill and the Skill name is "Zen Master". It is confirmed (Thanks Mascotte, Image) that level 80 is required to train this skill. Click for the full list of Zen Master Skills.

Many recipes use "Spirits" for crafting, these are most likely the equivalent of the Cataclysm "Volatiles". Once again, they stack up to 200.

Gathering Professions:

Mining

A new pick is in the database with +15 mining! Reinforced Mining Pick

MoP seems to bring us two common ores:

We also have Heavy Ghost Iron Bar and Folded Ghost Iron (probably blacksmithing) but don't yet know the materials for these.

And two uncommon ores:

Two of each of these uncommon ores will be needed to Smelt Trillium into Trillium Bar

Herbalism

Skinning

The new leather has been datamined:

Crafting Professions:

Tailoring

The new tailoring cloth will be Windwool Cloth

Alchemy

Silver Filigree Flask is likely to reward Alchemist's Flask and it looks like alchemists will once again get a trinket by completing a quest, Strange Spherical Stone, which at the moment rewards Zen Alchemist Stone.

Flasks:

Elixirs:

Potions:

Transmutes:

Misc:

Blacksmithing

For a list of the blacksmithing plans, check out this news post!

Enchanting

In MoP we seem to have more ways of turning enchanting materials into different materials, being able to change from dust to essence to shards!

So you can go Dust -> Lesser Essence -> Greater Essence -> Uncommon Shard -> Rare Shard

Armor Enchants:

Weapon Enchants:

Enchanters can once again enchant their own rings:

There are also a number of low level +stat cloak enchants:

Currently we know of two new inks:

There are a LOT of new glyphs in the game, with an overhaul of the glyph system, including the removal of prime glyphs and many talents made into glyphs. For a list of glyphs known at the start of the beta, check out this news post: Mists of Pandaria Beta - Character Creation, World Maps, New Glyphs, and a new item Tome of the Clear Mind which says it is required to "remove powerful glyphs and talents".

Looks like once again we'll be able to create decks:
    Darkmoon Card of Mists, the sets are Tiger, Oxen, Cranes and Serpents.

In Mists of Pandaria Scribes will be able to make Two Handed Staves and Offhand Items:

Jewelcrafting

Serpent's Eye (New JC Gem)

Uncommon:

Rare:

Meta:
    The new Meta Gem is Primal Diamond and you can see a full list of cut gems from the database here.

New Mount!
    Onyx Panther which creates Onyx Panther

Leatherworking

Engineering

Engineer's will be able to make an item to open locks: Locksmith's Powderkeg
    Engineering only Trinket: Pandaren Dragonling

Engineer's can make two new scopes

As with Cataclysm it looks as though Engineering helms with Cogwheel slots will be available:

And the cogwheels:

Secondary Professions:

It seems as though we will be able to level some secondary professions through quests also:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Of course, I could go hit the cooking, fishing, and archaeology faction dailies and level those professions that way too.
    First Aid

Two new bandages:

There is a third bandage in the database at skill 600, but it is currently marked as deprecated (Dense Windwool Bandage DEPRECATED). We'll keep an eye on that for future builds!

Cooking

I haven’t hit max on my professions yet, and as an avid cook I’m interested in maxing out each of the new branching trees of cooking specialization.
    Cooking Changes
    So you might have heard for Cooking in Mists of Pandaria we will have specializations. At the moment we're looking at around 5 branches of cooking, for example: broiling, steaming...etc.

Each of these specializations will focus on a particular stat. So let's say the Steaming specialization allows you to create Agility food. A rogue would find that very interesting, and would probably want to max that one out first. At which point, said rogue would be able to create Agility buff feasts for groups. Cool, huh? But worry not, once you max out in one specialization, you can then work on the other specializations.

Maybe they're gonna make it take ages to fully train all of them.
    Well, maybe not ages. But it does mean that until enough time passes for you to train all specializations, you need to—er—specialize. Actually it's the way for other crafting professions too. For example, my jewelcrafter specialized in spell related stat recipes first, since of all my multitude of alts, I prefer my casters. Eventually, of course, she learned many more recipes and of course so did other crafters, so the market changed. (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Recipes:

Materials:

Fishing

There are currently two named fish

Along with a bunch of unnamed "common fish" and "uncommon fish". Watch this space in future builds for those.

Archaelogy

The changes to Archaeology are pretty great so maybe I can mix in some dig sites as I go. I actually got a chance to teleport to a different dig site last night after finding an artifact, which really helped, along with now being able to dig more times at a single site.
    Two new Keystones suggest we will get two new archaelogy races:

A list of archaelogy artifacts in this first beta build with descriptions is posted on the front page here http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ems-Blue-Posts

Achievements

Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-05-04 at 07:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Awesome post, just what us profession nuts needed. I'll be bookmarking it and checking back often!

10+ Year Old Account
    Very nice post, thanks !
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

nice, need more people that actually do this, very helpful ^.^

10+ Year Old Account
    Just noticed that all the food seems to say they restore health and mana "over 10 seconds" that is a nice new difference. Wonder if that will be retro active to all the old food as well.

Great post! Thanks for the info!

Some interesting things appeard on http://angelistasboutique.blogspot.com/ about profs, including that the Scribe weapons seem to involve archaeology somehow in their upgrading.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

I really hope they don't abandon engineering so quickly this time..

I posted a massive list a day prior to this... but I like yours 10x better! ^_^

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...-from-Pandaria

However, I must note that there are some things you'll find on my list you may wish to consider adding.

First off, the new "motes" are possibly there. I was gathering this given how they sounded, and that they're stackable to 200, just like the current Volatiles.

Spirit of Harmony
    Spirit of Spring
    Spirit of Summer
    Spirit of Autumn
    Spirit of Winter
    Spirit of the Season
    (Spring, summer, autumn, winter)

Secondly, there's at least 2 fish with names.
    Golden Carp
    Prismatic Jellyfish

Third - there's what I believe to be vegetables you can grow for the Tillers. They have a specific icon, and ALL of them are garden-based variety.
    Green Cabbage
    Ginseng
    Pink Turnip
    Mogu Pumpkin
    Scallions
    Witchberries
    Striped Melon
    Red Blossom Leek
    Juicycrunch Carrot
    Jade Squash
    White Turnip
    Mysterious Seed(!?? Could be this or Herbalism... doesn't have a carrot icon)

Yours is better as you actually link to the item with a tooltip (not sure how to do that myself. :P). You might also wish to consider color coding some of your mats to make them stand out better. (example, leather, make Magnificent Hide blue - while the others are left as-is for white items.)

---------- Post added 2012-03-25 at 04:00 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hoddie View Post
    Some interesting things appeard on http://angelistasboutique.blogspot.com/ about profs, including that the Scribe weapons seem to involve archaeology somehow in their upgrading.
    Engineering gets Water walking belt tinker!
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-VsGYPA7Ezs...iding-jets.png

As a Human Rogue Engineer who's primarily a Fisherman - this is HUGE news for me! No more elixirs of water walking for me when I'm Darkmoon Faire fishing! =D
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2012-03-25 at 04:12 PM.

awww yeah, JC crafted mount. the best money making profession just got better.

EDIT: also, why is there only alliance races listed as able to ride it? bug, or faction specific?
    Like there wasn't seventy fucking thousand fish scales I was scanning already. ~ Slanderize

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    I posted a massive list a day prior to this... but I like yours 10x better! ^_^
    Ooh, I didn't see yours. I did notice a lot of "foody" sounding items in the database but only listed the items that are actually used for the cooking recipes. I think you're onto something with thinking they could be tiller faction related.

I'll add the fish and the new spirits now

---------- Post added 2012-03-25 at 05:29 PM ----------

Update:

Added the spirits (MoP volatiles) - Thanks mvallas
    Added the two fish that are in the database - Thanks mvallas

Added the following new cloak enchants (low levels)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by illegitimate View Post
    awww yeah, JC crafted mount. the best money making profession just got better.

EDIT: also, why is there only alliance races listed as able to ride it? bug, or faction specific?
    just havent data-mined a horde equivalent but it will be available to both factions by the time the final build rolls around.. or sooner when more things get added to the game for testing.

The race restrictions are probably there because they copied a Nightsaber as a placeholder. They'll likely disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Ooh, I didn't see yours. I did notice a lot of "foody" sounding items in the database but only listed the items that are actually used for the cooking recipes. I think you're onto something with thinking they could be tiller faction related.
    Yeah, they're definetly all "food-sounding"... but I thought it weird when I looked at the two datamined lists, one set of food had "meat" icon next to it... some of them even for things like "100 year soy sauce" and "Aged pink turnip".

But the others I listed above had a "carrot" icon next to them, and they're ALL garden-related IRL. So, I'm speculating (yup...dangerous word! :P) that those are probably the tiller-based crops you can grow that aren't herbs.
    Last edited by mvaliz; 2012-03-25 at 04:54 PM.

The archaeology items all have a sword icon at present. Plenty of place-holders still I guess. AB has differing amounts for combining some of the enchanting mats by the way.
    http://angelistasboutique.blogspot.c...nchanting.html

Deleted
    Updated: A list of archaelogy artifacts in this first beta build with descriptions is posted on the front page here http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...ems-Blue-Posts

Hey, does anyone know at what level you can train to go past 525 skill in professions? Could someone with access have a look, please?

Deleted
    I think its gonna be 500 since all the others are 25 points before the max skill.

and really a huge list for tailoring and blacksmithing... for now no new bags or extra belt socket?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dragisha View Post
    and really a huge list for tailoring and blacksmithing... for now no new bags or extra belt socket?
    Most of the professions have nothing in them past Cata yet and the trainers are not available.... there will definitely be new bags and a new belt socket though