Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Is anyone else a little bummed that some of those monk statues seem to be much better versions of Lightwell?

And while I'm complaining, I have a nagging feeling that somewhere out in Pandaria there is a priest mob who casts an awesome-looking Power Word: Shield. Giving mobs cooler versions of priest spells is a proud tradition. *grumble*

And don't get me started on nerfing the Lightwell glyph! I'm sure the top of the class-development todo-list for Mists looked like this:
    1) Change talent system.
    2) Change everything about warlocks.
    3) Nerf Lightwell glyph! (Tehehe.)
    4) Rework dispels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by personn5 View Post
    Did anyone notice with Vow of Unity it can't be cast on tanks? (I'm not sure if that was in the last build or not, sorry if it was. New to me anyway)
    Yep, I can't see much use to it outside of pvp. I guess we'll have to stick with divine star.
    Edit: About the lightwell, I think the base charges have gone up to 15, that's why they've nerfed the glyph.
    Last edited by mmoc3d05ee6dd7; 2012-03-27 at 03:28 PM.

Deleted
    My guess is that they havn't came up with a decent glyph for lightwell and that we're looking at a placeholder.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty well certain Lightwell glyph is a placeholder, since they buffed the base charges they nerfed the glyph so that when they switch the glyph to something better it doesn't feel like we're losing charges (because we would lose the glyph charges) but if the glyph only says 2 charges - then you will all be super happy when instead of two charges, Lightwell auto-procs on low hp raid members within 30 yards (jkjkjk we'll never get Argent Tourney lightwell QQQQQQ).
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by SkillOverKill View Post
    I'm pretty well certain Lightwell glyph is a placeholder, since they buffed the base charges they nerfed the glyph so that when they switch the glyph to something better it doesn't feel like we're losing charges (because we would lose the glyph charges) but if the glyph only says 2 charges - then you will all be super happy when instead of two charges, Lightwell auto-procs on low hp raid members within 30 yards (jkjkjk we'll never get Argent Tourney lightwell QQQQQQ).
    But resto Shaman's healing stream totem is pretty much like the argent tourny lightwell now....Healing Stream Totem

Why can't we have that? That's what they have needed to do to lightwell this entire time, and Shaman's get it....sigh. AND it's on a 30 second CD....talk about OP as all heck.
    Last edited by Sakamae; 2012-03-27 at 06:10 PM.

Aye, it's likely a placeholder. None of my complaints were very seriously meant, except maybe that monks get instahealwell and shieldwell while we still have hotwell...

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    That's unlikely because of game restrictions. It apparently isn't possible to have two pet bars from what I have read on the Shaman forums, they wanted to be able to control their elementals/totems with them, but they already have a pet bar for Spirit Wolves so it isn't possible. The same would be true of us and Shadowfiend.
    In which case, in its current state, we're just wasting a talent slot to earn back an ability we've had even prior to BC, that does the same old channeled thing, and its only buff is that it effects more types of mobs. Which sounds great, in theory, and in BC or prior this would have been a wonderful addition to the existing ability (but not as a talent). However, we're in a WoW that has gone through WotLK and Cata, we don't run dungeons like we did back in BC or prior anymore - not at all. CC is rare as is, but the CC we do use is very specific, and MC from a Priest? That's absolutely last resort stuff, an uncommon amongst the uncommon, not because it won't work but because there are other forms of CC out there that won't take your Priest out of the line up, and aren't upon the the channel being broken by the slightest thing, even assuming your in a situation where you could maintain the channel at all where another form of CC wouldn't suffer the same weakness.

I like MC, don't get me wrong, and it has its uses, but we're a long time past BC. MC as it stands, even if I like it, just doesn't get used that often, and as a talent? No. Just. Plain. No.

Combine that with Psyfiend and possible DR issues, and I really only see one, just one, option in that tier of Talents, and I've seen no lack of people in game, no lack of people on the main forum, and no lack of people 'right here' that see that same thing. One choice. The others are just too questionable until clarified (psyfiend) or too niche (Mind Control) to ever be the major choice.

That said..

Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Right now it works like regular MC... but currently you can get off a void shift on your target while you have them dominated.
    This is an interesting note. Just interesting though. It is, afterall, still beta, I'm not going to overreact, I'll speak my mind, mind you, but at the end of the day I just have to wait and see. I think it's important we talk about what we currently see though, sure, it's not done, but it's rather hard to talk about things they haven't shown us/done yet.

About Spectral Guise, can you use it outside of combat? I'm thinking of something along the lines of: out of combat -> spectral guise -> safely walk past trash mobs. Could be useful in dungeons, idk. But I see a definite use for quests that involve caves where you can't simply fly past mobs.

We really need to know what the mystery talents are, before we can have any kind of opinion. I'm worried because the new structure of the tree doesn't make much sense. Void Shift doesn't belong on the tier with bulwark and desperate prayer, it's a healing CD in the survival talent tier. Same with Vow of Unity, it's a niche spell against a spell that will probably be used on CD.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prod View Post
    About Spectral Guise, can you use it outside of combat? I'm thinking of something along the lines of: out of combat -> spectral guise -> safely walk past trash mobs. Could be useful in dungeons, idk. But I see a definite use for quests that involve caves where you can't simply fly past mobs.
    Sure, if you can do it in less than 6 seconds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Did nobody notice that Mind Control has a 1.5 second cast now, before haste/bonus? That alone makes it pretty good too.
    Professor Necomi - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Necomi/simple
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." -Albert Einstein

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serix69 View Post
    Did nobody notice that Mind Control has a 1.5 second cast now, before haste/bonus? That alone makes it pretty good too.
    It's Dominate Mind now (different spell), and yes, it looks incredible ^^

It's Dominate Mind now (different spell), and yes, it looks incredible ^^
    Meh, I'm not that excited about it. It may end up being the best choice but that's only because the others blow chunks. I still don't consider it "Crowd Control" since it also crowd-controls you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annesh View Post
    Meh, I'm not that excited about it. It may end up being the best choice but that's only because the others blow chunks. I still don't consider it "Crowd Control" since it also crowd-controls you.
    I agree, crowd control it isn't exactly.

But I envision reliably throwing a melee class off the bridge in Blade's Edge Arena every 30 seconds, and that makes me happy

Updates today show more AoE Heals/Damage spells for Holy/Disc. This has me very excited from a PvP perspective.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 12:13 PM ----------

I agree, crowd control it isn't exactly.

But I envision reliably throwing a melee class off the bridge in Blade's Edge Arena every 30 seconds, and that makes me happy
    Or putting the enemy healer out of LOS of their partner.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.

Quote Originally Posted by emni View Post
    Excuse my bluntness, but I can't for the life of me figure out what's so awesome about Spectral Guise.

Sounds sort of like a minor twist on Fade, and I can't really imagine any situation when it would be useful.

Did I miss something? O.o
    Not all talents or spells are geared for PvE. Spectral Guise pretty much guarantees you get Psychic Scream off on your target, since they have no clue where you went in your temporary Vanish. Also, sounds quite useful in low-mana situations for disengaging to go drink behind a pillar.

Quote Originally Posted by tiporispit View Post
    Not all talents or spells are geared for PvE. Spectral Guise pretty much guarantees you get Psychic Scream off on your target, since they have no clue where you went in your temporary Vanish. Also, sounds quite useful in low-mana situations for disengaging to go drink behind a pillar.
    It also helps you escape things such as Shatters and (hopefully) stunlocks.
    Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament
    You would think that after all these years people would have realized that the people at Blizzard aren't sorcerors and are hindered by technology just like the rest of us mortals.
    Quote Originally Posted by stormcall
    I will never understand why so many people who quit can't just QUIT and move on, and instead feel the need to come tell everyone about it, as if they just won the $100 million jackpot.