Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by peterpan007 View Post
    Does this mean the word "NINJA" will cease to exist in World of Warcraft ??
    It still will in dungeons, but in LFR it wont.
    Also people still Ninja in normal raids too >.< ( sad world, yes :'( )

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguardboomkin View Post
    i do agree with this, as a person that passes on loot i dont need in the current LFR, if i know i dont need any loot from this boss in LFR/5 man, why should i not hav the option to Pass?
    It's the same thing as complaining about loot from event bosses. Everyone gets a satchel from the boss. You open and see if you're lucky, you're not rolling and winning what shows up on the satchel of the other player in your group.

Ppl don't get that this is actually way faster to gear now, you're not throwing 25 players to roll on 4 itens (where most of the time, you can't even roll on it since it's not even for your class). That's why they're thinking about using valor points to buy gear or not. It's not needed anymore basically. There will be plenty of reputation gear, crafting gear, world drops, 5man heroic gear and pvp gear to get at each new tier. The odds of getting way more than "4 items per boss" is stupidly higher now, if you take into account the charms... it's "worse".

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    And there I see a problem.

Everyone will roll, whether they want or not, whether they need items or not, whether there is even appropriate loot for them on the boss. At worst, the 4 rogues win the rolls, but there is no leather or Agi weapon on the boss's loot table, so they all get some gold, but no one gets an item. A let-down for the whole raid.
    Another, personal example: you are helping a friend's alt of the same class by queueing as a healer/tank. You win many rolls for gear you don't need anymore, but your friend wins nothing.
    You cannot even pass to increase the chances of your friend, or just those of the randoms you queued with.

Basically, instead of the 3-10 applicable players rolling on a drop now, all 25 players roll "Need" on anything that drops.
    Even if there was the option of passing, and if 24 players passed, that single player would still have the same chance of getting an item.

What are JP used for? Still less than current raid level loot? Do they plan on releasing new items each tier or will you always only have say ilvl 346 items even in the last tier of raiding?

10+ Year Old Account
    YAY to full random system. Oh wait, I never win at random chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Squeezus View Post
    AOE looting was around a long time before SWTOR.
    Yes, like during the 7 years of swtor development + beta... lol

Great changes.
    /clap Blizzard

I really like the Valor change. I started in WotLK and the gear stores felt so cheesy.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    You're not going to "ninja" others. It doesn't matter what you roll or not. You're not rolling against them, if everyone is lucky, the boss could actually drop 25 items, 1 for each player if every single one of them got a lucky roll against THE GAME.

Even more if ppl use the charms, you could get 50 items of a single boss.
    Yep, you roll against the system now not against other players.

And there I see a problem.Everyone will roll, whether they want or not, whether they need items or not, whether there is even appropriate loot for them on the boss. At worst, the 4 rogues win the rolls, but there is no leather or Agi weapon on the boss's loot table, so they all get some gold, but no one gets an item. A let-down for the whole raid.Another, personal example: you are helping a friend's alt of the same class by queueing as a healer/tank. You win many rolls for gear you don't need anymore, but your friend wins nothing.You cannot even pass to increase the chances of your friend, or just those of the randoms you queued with.Basically, instead of the 3-10 applicable players rolling on a drop now, all 25 players roll "Need" on anything that drops.
    I can't imagine BLizz would develop a loot table where a class doesn't have at least ONE drop, probably more. Can you find a boss like that in Cata? I just looked through Demon Soul's loot list on Wowhead and couldn't find a boss that didn't have at least one piece of loot for a class.

And they're doing this specifically to stop you're personal example. That's not fair to people single-queueing that you can roll to help your buddy.

And you'er not rolling for drops, you're simply rolling to see if you get loot at all - then your loot is selected.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

10+ Year Old Account
    And there I see a problem.Everyone will roll, whether they want or not, whether they need items or not, whether there is even appropriate loot for them on the boss. At worst, the 4 rogues win the rolls, but there is no leather or Agi weapon on the boss's loot table, so they all get some gold, but no one gets an item. A let-down for the whole raid.Another, personal example: you are helping a friend's alt of the same class by queueing as a healer/tank. You win many rolls for gear you don't need anymore, but your friend wins nothing.You cannot even pass to increase the chances of your friend, or just those of the randoms you queued with.Basically, instead of the 3-10 applicable players rolling on a drop now, all 25 players roll "Need" on anything that drops.
    How is that any different than now - you are in a group, you kill the boss, and two pieces of Intellect plate drop. Except you have no Paladins in your raid group. So in this case the only good that came from that boss is one, possibly two, people gets some gold or possible enchanting mats.

At least with the changes EVERYONE has a chance of USEABLE loot guaranteed, versus the current system where the number of items that drop is limited (which means for sure at least some group members can not get loot) AND the loot isn't spec specific.

Yes...you may get a repeat of the same piece, just like how my guild saw Muradin's Spyglass drop every week for 7 weeks from Gunship.

It is still a better system than what we have currently.

Also, they've stated that they've put some mechanics into place behind the scene to make sure at least someone wins loot (my guess - the loot check is made. Computer determines 0 winners. This triggers the failsafe roll, until at least a certain minimum threshold is reached (prolly 2 in 10 man, and 5 in 25 man)

I love these posts.

I have a hard time believing that there are still people who don't get this system, even after the explanations, even after the post, even after the follow-ups in the comments. It baffles me that people are still complaining about lack of option to pass, etc. I truly weep.

Quote Originally Posted by Illitti View Post
    When stuff drops that I can roll on, I check my gear, if it's not an upgrade, I pass. Why the hell would I not pass? Sure, if I'm running with a friend and he needs it, that's understandable although not the kind of behavior I'd encourage as Blizzard. But considering I'm running with complete strangers... I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something extremely simple here, but I cannot understand the logic behind this.

The upgraded looting feature has glaring issues however. Consider I win an item I don't need, either I have something better or even the most ridiculous scenario, I have the exact item already. What the hell do I do with it? Sell it to a vendor or disenchant it for few golds? Why? There's probably someone in the group who has been running the stupid instance for weeks to get that item? Can I at least trade it to him to make him happy? Also if I can trade it, don't you think anyone winning an item isn't going to be whisper spammed to death by everyone who wants the item?

There's room for improvement in the planned system. Maybe have the system check ilvl for every player and don't give an item to someone who already has better item ilvl wise?
    Why would the system wont give you the item because you alread had a higher ilvl? You don't want it because you have better, don't run LFR.

What? So the other player won't be sad that you got 1 item while he didn't? Like when you get sad running brewfest boss and see the guy next to you opening HIS PERSONAL satchel and looting the ram or the kodo and you just looting justice points and get sad?

It's exactly like the world event satchels, it does not have a single impact on the other players chances.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulvar View Post
    I really like the Valor change. I started in WotLK and the gear stores felt so cheesy.
    I like the system reason for Valor gear, but it makes no sense.

"We really like you, you are fighting deathwing and all... but really, you gotta prove yourself first... a buncha times. Beat deathwing. Then you'll get points to buy the things I sell to fight deathwing! Or fight a bunch of his minions repeatedly!"
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Deleted
    So now it´s possible to win nothing endless since it doesn´t matter how much gear ppl have we can still loose to blizz!!!

Hmm, lots of interesting changes coming! I like the idea of making dailies useful for something other than just gold. Using valor to upgrade your current gear sounds like a good change as well. Guess we'll see how these things pan out as Beta progresses, but so far everything seems promising, especially the removal of competition for gear in LFR.

i want my betaaaaa... interesting things to come..

I'm loving the valor changes. I really hope they get rid of the gear vendor.

what if 2 items drop that can be used by your current spec but you only want one of them cause you already have the other one.... what happens then? can you still win the one you don't want and loose the other?