Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    it will be freaking fast to gear.
    Well that will all depend on what they set the % chance of loot to. But yes, otherwise you are correct!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    I like the sound of what GC wrote. Not only the actual features but also the tone.He sounds like he's really confident about the changes and has a clear perspective on how they'll work out. That's always good to hear when a designer has a clear vision. Something I felt a bit lacking in Cataclysm.Now if only they added the item-squish, I'd be a lot moire excited.
    They did the math, going forward and I guess they feel the Item Squish isn't required right now... when they talked about it, they were more concerned about the future, I think. and they did go with the MegaDamage option they talked about - just shrinking numbers down.
    Wolfie Pandaren Shaman - Pet Collection - Mount Collection
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock
    Lotusdream Pandaren Monk - Aponyia Tauren Shaman

Quote Originally Posted by Prokne View Post
    So the question I have is, how do mounts work? They said the world bosses will drop mounts and now they are also using the new loot system which if you want your guild can use in normal raids. So if you kill the world boss and win a "roll" does it have a 50:50 chance of giving you the mount if only 1 piece of gear is useable for you or is it like 95:5 in favor of gear? Also do the lucky charms also give you a chance to win mounts?

Im really interested on how the world bosses are going to work. It seems that you will want a full 40man raid to take them down but how many people would you actually need to kill it without interference? It will probably end up more as 3-4 guilds banded together rather than a random guy waiting gets invited like GC thinks. I also think they are the reason Have Group Will Travel is going away so that 1 player cant camp the boss and summon everyone right when it spawns. They want people to fight over the area with full groups for a while but you will probably have a bunch of mounted flyers that try to swoop in and tag the boss when it spawns.
    The same way the mount drops work from world event bosses like brewfest. Mount is a loot that every class is elegible for, so everyone will be able to get one.

But unless they grant the mount for each kill like a heroic final boss from a xpac raid like H-Rag or H-Madness, it's probably really low chance like the world events. So you need to win the roll for a loot, then roll a mount instead of a gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Xebu View Post
    Every player in the raid has a probability of loot, independent from other players. That's what the blue post says. That means that in theory, all 25 players can win something, and it is also possible for nobody to win anything. At least, that's how I understood it.
    Way it sounds to me.
    I'm sure folks will argue the probability of either...but...I wouldn't think the same dagger would drop every single week from MoD...yet it seems to.

the problem I see with this is now you will not be able to loot for OS, also i don't see any mention of not getting duplicates, if it can tell your class and spec before it gives you loot will it look to see if you have said item?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackkice View Post
    This new system is just as terrible as the last. The LFR way wasn't perfect by any means, but the biggest problems were that some people needed on items they didn't need, and the tables were broken seeing as how Ret Paladins could win holy gear etc. This new way does not solve either of those problems. Now instead of having a 1/7 or 1/8 chance of winning your piece of loot, you have a 1/25 for every single drop. And oh, Good Guy Timmy the full Heroic warrior decided to run his LFR today, he wins 5 pieces because he's a lucky guy! Too bad he can't trade you the items he doesn't need but has been assigned with no way to pass. Why would you not enable a pass loot option. If someone is nice enough to say, I don't want this loot because I'm not a jerk, LET THEM PASS ON IT.

This whole post just makes me want to cry due to your lack of understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by VanishO2 View Post
    The same way the mount drops work from world event bosses like brewfest. Mount is a loot that every class is elegible for, so everyone will be able to get one.

But unless they grant the mount for each kill like a heroic final boss from a xpac raid like H-Rag or H-Madness, it's probably really low chance like the world events. So you need to win the roll for a loot, then roll a mount instead of a gear.
    Well this system won't be active for Heroics - so that's not a giant concern. I doubt any Raid Finder boss will have a mount attached.
    Pinfire Dwarf Hunter - SaintJoan Draenei Paladin - Sadiefalk Human Rogue - Hamartanein Dwarf Warlock

In my opinion the valor changes are bad for 2 reasons:

1) it's another attempt to force more and more casual/solo players into raiding by providing fewer opportunities to earn gear outside of the raid environment - GC says so much in the article - and the fact there will be some epics from the Elders faction available doesn't minimize the issue because those will only be useful in the 1st tier of MoP (they have never upgraded the fraction loot during the course of an expansion).

2) the fact that valor points will allow you to upgrade your gear by up to 8 ilvls (see article) means, quite contrary to their brief flirtation with item squishing, that the difference in the ilvls of the tiers will have to be that much greater to compensate. So not only are they not squishing they are actually increasing the inflation rate of gear stats...just amazing that could do such a 180 degree turn on this subject and make the situation worse and the ultimate item squish they will have to do seem that much worse by comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Alka View Post
    Pretty sure still only set pieces of Loot drops, it just gets rolled internally for each piece of loot and assigned to a player that can use it.
    No, certain pieces are avaiable, but unlimited copies can be handed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Achaman View Post
    im assuming those who do the most work so most dps on a boss would get a higher chance of getting an item?
    Why would you assume that?
    Chronic Sufferer of A.D.H.L.A.S. (Attention Deficit Hey Look A Squirrel)

Quote Originally Posted by buggerlugs View Post
    you (blizzard) said when MoP was announced that you wanted to put the fun back into the game and to that end all end game gear would be available to everyone - you said i would be able to get end game tier loot without raiding, but that it would just take me longer to aquire it.
    Well... it remains true... let's be honest... LFR isn't raiding... at all... lol it's just a "heroic 5man" with 25 players in it... lol

valor to upgrade gear? lame

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    And there I see a problem.

Everyone will roll, whether they want or not, whether they need items or not, whether there is even appropriate loot for them on the boss. At worst, the 4 rogues win the rolls, but there is no leather or Agi weapon on the boss's loot table, so they all get some gold, but no one gets an item. A let-down for the whole raid.
    Another, personal example: you are helping a friend's alt of the same class by queueing as a healer/tank. You win many rolls for gear you don't need anymore, but your friend wins nothing.
    You cannot even pass to increase the chances of your friend, or just those of the randoms you queued with.

Basically, instead of the 3-10 applicable players rolling on a drop now, all 25 players roll "Need" on anything that drops.
    . I am very certain that every boss will have an item on it´s loot table for every spec. If you go look at Cata boses it was probably true, and will definitely be true for the new system. Secondly, players will ONLY get gold/gems(boobie prize) if they use the Lucky Charm item.

Your second example is true.. but it is also an exploit used frequently in the current system and unfair to the players not in that guild. Yes, you are helping your guildmate, but it is at the expense of other players in your group..

Quote Originally Posted by Nelrock View Post
    Dual wielders?
    Sure, if the serverside client can keep track of it then np.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamial View Post
    How and why do people find this a good system?!? It's like the ultimate stupidity. You might win the same item four weeks in a row, while not getting the item you need (EVEN IF IT DROPS). There HAS and NEEDS to be some sort of "This person already got this item, so if he wins the roll he gets something else class/spec appropraite - if nothing is available this person gets the ability to pass to the next highest roller or take the piece of loot for offspec/sell/de".
    Two parts to this. One, you, like a few other people are still not understanding that you winning an item does not mean someone else does not get that item, multiple copies of the same item can be won. Two, in the case of getting bad luck and receiving the same piece when you want a different piece of the boss. It's not a reasonable concern. That can heppen now. Not only do you currently need that specific item to drop off the boss, but then you have to fight other people for it.

How and why do people find this a good system?!? It's like the ultimate stupidity. You might win the same item four weeks in a row, while not getting the item you need (EVEN IF IT DROPS). There HAS and NEEDS to be some sort of "This person already got this item, so if he wins the roll he gets something else class/spec appropraite - if nothing is available this person gets the ability to pass to the next highest roller or take the piece of loot for offspec/sell/de".
    Items don't "drop" anymore. If Person B wins the item you really wanted, that has nothing to do with the boss.

Also, loot should be random. Not "what item do I need this week?"

So someone who already has item X may just win item X again? That's probably the dumbest way to distribute loot I've ever heard. So now rather than that person not rolling at all, the game automatically lets that player win an item he already has that is now non-tradeable against his/her own will. Blizzard, you just get more and more dumb every passing day...

Quote Originally Posted by Thiron View Post
    This system is better if you have a LFR run with low etiquette (ok, that happens often - but not always), but worse if it's not so. Most of all, I don't like that people who can't get any useful loot from certain boss can't pass on roll.
    Why would you want to pass on a roll in this system? Ever? Even if you already had the 1 item in the loot table that could be considered useful, you would just get that item and vendor. Free ~20g for each time you won a roll. You passing has no affect on anyone else. You would just be voluntarily be throwing away money. If you really want to do that, just destroy the item each time.

Agree. Although, my problem isn't really this so much as it is just my own rotten luck. I've been exalted with the oracles and have purchased enough eggs to fill Grommash Hold and have gotten several of everything EXCEPT the mount. I could recount all of the mounts, items, fishing tournaments that have left me disappointed every week, but it would be way too long for one post. This new system virtually guarantees that ONLY luck affects your chance at receiving gear upgrades in LFR. I personally will not be taking part in LFR or any other part of the game that uses this loot system, not when I can at the very least coerce my guildies to take pity on me and give gear to me in normal raids to help me at least gimp along behind them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensa View Post
    In my opinion the valor changes are bad for 2 reasons:

1) it's another attempt to force more and more casual/solo players into raiding by providing fewer opportunities to earn gear outside of the raid environment - GC says so much in the article - and the fact there will be some epics from the Elders faction available doesn't minimize the issue because those will only be useful in the 1st tier of MoP (they have never upgraded the fraction loot during the course of an expansion).

2) the fact that valor points will allow you to upgrade your gear by up to 8 ilvls (see article) means, quite contrary to their brief flirtation with item squishing, that the difference in the ilvls of the tiers will have to be that much greater to compensate. So not only are they not squishing they are actually increasing the inflation rate of gear stats...just amazing that could do such a 180 degree turn on this subject and make the situation worse and the ultimate item squish they will have to do seem that much worse by comparison.
    1) if raiding is no more intensive then a dungeon run, and LFR isn't really, then what's the difference?

2) That post was just a layout of possible future concerns, not something they were going to do because it was the biggest technical hurdle in the game. They did choose to do the "Megadamage" option where numbers get shrunk down on screen using metric classifers (but not in the game's system) just for screen real estate considerations (So instead of seeing 103239 for my Lava Lash hit, I instead see 103K). Later on down the road, it might get to a point where the gamen can't keep up with the huge math pools - that's when an item squish might be necessary. But I doubt that time is now.