Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Why are we still not getting a dungeon finder?

There is one thing that I feel the game is really lacking right now and that's a dungeon finding tool. It's my understanding that the devs want to add this feature but it's not being included in the next major patch. Is this because it's just not ready yet? Or is it because they feel the game is still too young?

I know there are many people like me that are just waiting on a dungeon finder. Can we expect this in 1.3?

Yes, they said it'll be in 1.3. It's in development. Server only though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the need for a dungeon finder. Seriously. Everything you essentially need is on fleet minus one or two things. Therefore, you will be spending the majority of your time on fleet looking for a group if a group is what you need. So if someone wants to group up with someone, they are on the fleet meeting someone. That is how you meet new people, make new friends, join a new guild, etc. A Dungeon Finder is just a button press and you sit there waiting for it to give you a group- you join said group and just go through the instance without talking to anyone or any interaction at all. I don't like the idea of a Dungeon Finder being implemented.

Sure I liked the quick way to get to an instance without having to spend 10 minutes flying there... but since everything is on fleet in TOR, there is no other need.

Any idea what we will be able to use it for? (all FPs, lvl 50 FPs, OPs, heroic quests...etc?)

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I don't understand the need for a dungeon finder.
    Because me spamming general is a pain in my butt. It was fine the first month. But not anymore.

Bad move by Bioware in my opinion. This has caused a lot of problems for WoW, you would think they would learn from that. Restricting it to server only is just going to make the wait longer for all 3 roles, opposed to just DPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post
    Bad move by Bioware in my opinion. This has caused a lot of problems for WoW, you would think they would learn from that. Restricting it to server only is just going to make the wait longer for all 3 roles, opposed to just DPS.

So then the issue isn't people finding groups it's getting people to play other roles. Just like in warcraft the issue wasn't finding groups, it was low pop servers (which I'm sure is in an issue for many servers in swtor as well). In either case the resulting fix should not be a band aid like an lfg system but it should be to correct the actual issue. Clear the root of the problem not the symptons. I'm tired of developers making systems that alleviate only the symptons and ignore the root cause of things. What it lead to in warcraft was total BS.

It's better to do it server only first as there will be no going back. And I'll gladly accept a wait time as opposed to not doing the content at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    I don't understand the need for a dungeon finder. Seriously. Everything you essentially need is on fleet minus one or two things. Therefore, you will be spending the majority of your time on fleet looking for a group if a group is what you need. So if someone wants to group up with someone, they are on the fleet meeting someone. That is how you meet new people, make new friends, join a new guild, etc. A Dungeon Finder is just a button press and you sit there waiting for it to give you a group- you join said group and just go through the instance without talking to anyone or any interaction at all. I don't like the idea of a Dungeon Finder being implemented.

Sure I liked the quick way to get to an instance without having to spend 10 minutes flying there... but since everything is on fleet in TOR, there is no other need.
    Because posting something in general chat once every five minutes is hard work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's coming in 1.3...?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ajamu/advanced <---- That's my DK right over there.

i would like to do quests while looking for a group just as i can queue for pvp warzone while questing... thats why we need lfg tool

Quote Originally Posted by Koalachan View Post
    Because posting something in general chat once every five minutes is hard work.
    It's only hard work because you can't do anything else while you are searching. I'd do dailies more often if I could que for some HM while questing.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    So then the issue isn't people finding groups it's getting people to play other roles. Just like in warcraft the issue wasn't finding groups, it was low pop servers (which I'm sure is in an issue for many servers in swtor as well). In either case the resulting fix should not be a band aid like an lfg system but it should be to correct the actual issue. Clear the root of the problem not the symptons. I'm tired of developers making systems that alleviate only the symptons and ignore the root cause of things. What it lead to in warcraft was total BS.
    True, but it would be more difficult thinking of ways to get more players to heal / tank, just as it's difficult to get Empire players to play Republic to help alleviate the faction imbalance. It's really just something they should have seen coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Jalek View Post
    It's only hard work because you can't do anything else while you are searching. I'd do dailies more often if I could que for some HM while questing.
    You really can't do anything else. I can't even watch TV while I'm looking for a group because I might miss a PM.

True, but it would be more difficult thinking of ways to get more players to heal / tank, just as it's difficult to get Empire players to play Republic to help alleviate the faction imbalance. It's really just something they should have seen coming.
    That's a hard thing to predict. They could and should imo make rep more attractive to play but to say it something they should have seen coming is a bit different. Mind you we had 201 in rep fleet tonight on fat man. People are rerolling reps, it's just a matter of time before it levels itself out a bit more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    You really can't do anything else. I can't even watch TV while I'm looking for a group because I might miss a PM.
    I watch T.V. all the time. It plays a sound when you get a whisper.

Heck, you can even just look at the screen every 30 seconds to a minute. If your general chat is that active you'll have no probs finding a group anyway and you wouldn't have time to watch T.V.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    That's a hard thing to predict. They could and should imo make rep more attractive to play but to say it something they should have seen coming is a bit different. Mind you we had 201 in rep fleet tonight on fat man. People are rerolling reps, it's just a matter of time before it levels itself out a bit more.
    Eh, the community is impatient. Once the game gets more subscribers and more people start flopping around factions- things will become more easily accessible. But I will go back to my original point of impatience.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ateup View Post
    Make a new tab and filter all but /w. Problem solved. SOOOOOO hard really!

Merge servers. Create server only LFD tool. Keep the community vibe going. I hate the implementation of LFD in WoW, it was a horrid design to put lipstick on dead servers and throw them a bone to keep them somewhat happy or facilitate a paid server transfer from some. It's pathetic, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    Merge servers. Create server only LFD tool. Keep the community vibe going. I hate the implementation of LFD in WoW, it was a horrid design to put lipstick on dead servers and throw them a bone to keep them somewhat happy or facilitate a paid server transfer from some. It's pathetic, really.
    Orrrr just be patient and wait for more people to come to the game. Its been like a whole 3 months and already has nearing 2 million subscribers. Yeah I do agree somewhat that there were too many servers at release, but in all fairness its better to have room to accommodate everyone than none at all. Imagine if every server had queues. People would be complaining that there aren't enough servers. Developers just can't win in the gaming industry.

You guys so set against it really enjoy waiting around for an hour or more to get a group together?