Poll: How long do you plan to subscribe to SWTOR?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    I suppose because 100% of the time decent threads turn into SWTOR is fail and this is why blah blah from people who quit playing the game a month ago.. yet still find it necessary to tell us.. yet again why. As if we cared.
    I call shenanigans on the 100% figure. Also, if "we" don't care that other people don't like ToR, why should "we" make negative comments about other games in ToR threads like "they" care. Somewhat ridiculous criticism of other games goes on for a few pages until people jump in to defend something they like. THEN the thread deteriorates. It comes across as picking a fight and then trying to blame the other guy. Judging by the post I quoted here, it then is time to seize the moral high ground and get pissy.

ToR is a good game that can stand on its on merit, but when the reasons listed to play it are wow sucks, rift sucks, gw2 will suck; it doesn't do justice to the game.

Deleted
    No subscribe at the moment, will come back for one month when 1.2 comes out, but if this patch is as bad as the game at the moment and cant push it....this game is over

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 02:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Vexies View Post
    I suppose because 100% of the time decent threads turn into SWTOR is fail and this is why blah blah from people who quit playing the game a month ago.. yet still find it necessary to tell us.. yet again why. As if we cared.
    The same happened in the WoW Thread afaik. And there guys could cry as they want, but not here?

I wish people could be obejctive these days

For the next couple months they have my money.

BW seems to be doing some very interesting things and have come out and said they have content into 2013. Thats much better than any other MMO right now.

BW seems to be working hard to earn my money.

Quote Originally Posted by excelli View Post
    wont buy it, wont play it, end of story^^
    Constructive! Thank you for posting. Ignore the thread title, just stop in to share your opinion which if of course in no way relevant.

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Cut out the game bashing, regardless of which game you are talking about.

I have WoW and SWTOR both on sub, I've logged into WoW once in the past 3 months? So I like SWTOR, it fits my real casual nature and I can spend a few hours a week leveling/raiding and I feel accomplished something with my characters story. Now that I have a g/f who has a kid my gameplay is substantially lower but I'll keep my sub to SWTOR indefinitely

10+ Year Old Account
    oh my, so many ppl chose "I'm not currently subscribed"...
    why are you guys here

10+ Year Old Account
    Staying subbed until the cows come home. And since technically there are no cows in SWTOR....
    MLP Friendship Is Magic - Republic - The Harbinger
    The Madhi Legacy
    Slugfest - 55 Watchman Sentinel | Slugtrooper - 55 Gunnery Commando | Slugconsular - 55 Seer Consular | Slackfest - 55 Sharpshooter Gunslinger | Slugagent - 55 Marksmanship Sniper | Slugwarrior- 55 Annihilation Marauder | Slughunter- 55 Arsenal Mercenary | Slugsorcerer- 55 Lightning Sorcerer

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slugfest View Post
    Staying subbed until the cows come home. And since technically there are no cows in SWTOR....
    Replace cows with Bantha

why are you guys here
    You don't have to be currently subscribed to a game to care about the direction the game goes. I was unsubscribed from WoW for 8 months but kept up with it to see if it would take a direction I approved of. Same can be applied here to SWTOR.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Deleted
    the content patches seem to be the same like in wow so i will look into patch 1.2 but then unsub the game.

maybe i will try it again some time later but the patches are not enough for me to have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Replace cows with Bantha

You don't have to be currently subscribed to a game to care about the direction the game goes. I was unsubscribed from WoW for 8 months but kept up with it to see if it would take a direction I approved of. Same can be applied here to SWTOR.
    Same here. Played WOW for 6.5+ years. I still like to keep up with it even if I have no intention to ever go back.

Same may happen for SWTOR. I may play it for the next number of years but I'm sure BW will do something I dislike and I'll find something else to play but it doesn't mean I'll stop looking into it from time to time and talking about what I dislike or like for that matter.

I unsubbed after my 2nd toon got to 50 and had full dungeon gear. Not much incentive to play after that

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully at least as long as I played WoW -- 7 years.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Deleted
    Playing SWTOR for like 2-3 hours a day. I really enjoy the story so far, I think I will be finished with Alderaan shortly.
    However, I hope 1.2 comes out before I reach level 50, I don't want to be disappointed.

But I'm also waiting for Diablo 3 eagerly, don't know yet if I will have time for other games then.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried it again when a friend of mine wanted to try it. I swear the game performed even worse than it did on launch.

Funny thing is my friend was playing on an inferior laptop with very few issues. He wanted me to level with him but I just could not do it again.
    I like sandwiches

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    why are you guys here
    Its a public forum which covers multiple games and has a section for TOR. Without an active account you cannot post on the "official" forum, so if someone has something to say or ask about this game, then here would be where they can.

While it might bother some that those without active accounts would post here. The reverse could also be asked regarding why those with active accounts would post here. After all, they can post in the "official" forum.
    Last edited by SirRobin; 2012-03-28 at 06:08 PM.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I stopped playing a month after the game came out; it's a pretty cool game and the story lines are great but the game came out way too late. Had it been released 6 years ago it would have been a formidable force to be reckoned with, but trying to compete with World of Warcraft with 7 years of expansions and patches is hard to do.

I'm currently not subscribed at the moment, decided to not re-sub back in February. All the new info from 1.2 looks good though, so it might entice me to come back to see the new things.

---------- Post added 2012-03-28 at 02:26 PM ----------

why are you guys here
    I'm waiting to see if the game fixes the things I have issues with before I put my money down again. I check back every so often to see what's new, that's why.

why are you guys here
    I think there should of been a distinction between "I already unsubscribed" and "I never subscribed." I'm hoping the intent was to mainly be the former, but I can tell by some of the posts a lot of people meant the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarocket View Post
    Replace cows with Bantha

There is a stark difference between watching where a game goes, and adding to discussions on said game. Ppl troll the SWTOR section of the forums heavily. They dont have crap to add, just to say that the game sucks for "XYZ" reasons.

You (read: not you, but forum goers) dont have to post one thing to keep up with where the game is doing. You can lurk all day and do that.

OT: show me a game that has cooler weapons than lightsabers and I might consider it. Good luck with that tho...