Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Madness of Deathwing Solo in MoP?

Do you think this will possible in MoP? i mean, in cata we got a DK soloing LK and stuff. idk really, madness seems too tricky to solo, maybe in the expac after MoP. what do you guys think?

No. Impale cooldown is pretty harsh, as are the hemorraging bloods without a Buck ton of AoE. The bolt will be murder once Noz goes down and the blistering tentacles are ridiculous, even with a full group.

Assuming you somehow survive to P2, the fragments will pump you so full of shrapnel, you probably won't be able to get him down fast enough.

I think not. If going by normal tacts, said person would have to kill the Corruption before too many Impales (I'm guessing if anything you'd have to be really awesome or you wouldn't survive the 2nd) and then the Bolt arrives during that.

I really don't think you can get through the first platform on your own in MoP, but what do I know, dem DK's be crazy, mon.

Easily, dks should easily be able to.

Dumbest Thread 2012

10+ Year Old Account
    Time will show.
    People were saying that it's impossible to solo Yogg or LK but Mionelol still managed.

Even if you were able to supply the 750k Damage per second needed to down it, you still wouldnt because there is more to it than just dps...

Dk's will be able to do it if the mastery shield continues to work correctly. Just save the green buff for the 4th platform and you take almost no dmg from impales.

A DK would likely be able to solo the fight in 10m normal up to the enrage.

The likelihood of beating the enrage is nil, though.

Wouldn't be so quick to say either yes or no. The DK solos on LK are on 10m NM. And to beat the enrage they DELIBERATELY SAT IN DEFILE. Mionelol, Raegwyn and the other solo heroes are super-dedicated and come up with heaps of interesting, creative ways to try to solo bosses, but those tactics depend a lot on their class mechanics and specific encounter mechanics... it's too early to guess how DW will be in MoP. We don't even know roughly how much DPS a blood DK would do. They may even remove Vengeance entirely, which would make it very hard to meet the enrage timer.

My guess is that it will not be doable until nearly the end of MoP if at all. But who knows, they might discover a weird trick with one particular mechanic/ability/etc that makes it super easy. Too soon to say.

15+ Year Old Account
    Halion was the end game boss in WOTLK, not Lich King. Though they have both been soloed now. DKs both times :c So yarp, DW should definitely be soloable too.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!

if pets are able to soak impales, then I think hunters would be able to do it with a few tweaks here and there.

Deleted
    I have already solo'd this on my Ret Paladin

I intend to solo it as soon as it's possible. I don't see what would stop a hunter from doing it, provided the dps requirement isn't too high. Pet should easily take an impale or two, especially with cooldowns (Cower 45 second cd 6 sec duration 40% damage reduction, Shell shield 60 second cd 12 sec duration 50% damage reduction), and otherwise pet switching should make it possible. Elementium Bolt should be killable before it lands until Nozdormu is gone, then Intervene should take it easily. Not to mention our percentagewise self healing will be over 3 times as high as it is now, unless they make major changes (I really think it's too much, it sounds weird hoping for a nerf but I kinda fear soloing will be trivial).

Deleted
    Part of the reason soloing level 80 content at level 85 is possible is due to healthpools becoming so large. DPS and healers had around 20-25k hp (approx?), while now it's more like 150k unbuffed. Taking a 10k hit back then was massive, now it's easily outhealed solo as a blood DK, Paladin, etc. How soloable current content will be at level 90 will be pretty dependent on how much health players will have, as well as how much dps increases of course.

Quote Originally Posted by justdroppingby View Post
    When such a claim has been made, as they say... "video or GTFO" ;p
    BigCrits.com - real people conquering a virtual world!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    No. Impale cooldown is pretty harsh, as are the hemorraging bloods without a Buck ton of AoE. The bolt will be murder once Noz goes down and the blistering tentacles are ridiculous, even with a full group.

Assuming you somehow survive to P2, the fragments will pump you so full of shrapnel, you probably won't be able to get him down fast enough.
    Impale already hits like a wet noodle, and that's on level 85s. The bloods can literally be soloed. The bolt hits like a wet noodle and has less than 1 million HP. The initial impact is what does the damage, its dot is negligible.

The Blistering tentacles die in a few hits already, and the fragments literally melt. Combine that with a 50% damage reduction buff on platforms 1 and 5, and I guarantee, Madness will be soloed by Mione, perhaps even in the beta.

Probably not in Mists, if possible then not until like Tier 17 or something.

I'd imagine the aspect buffs plus what will probably end up being a 30% nerf combined with MoP levels of gear might make it doable.

Quote Originally Posted by justdroppingby View Post
    no you didn't

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post

AMS will cover most of these problems.
    Leegion - Turalyon

Stopped raiding in MOP. Pugging Legion!