Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    P.s. small secret Mazda and Ford use the same parts.
    Not really a secret. For the past several decades Ford and Mazda had a very close relationship. The Mazda6 was pretty much the same as the Ford Fusion/Milan/Zephyr.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Not really a secret. For the past several decades Ford and Mazda had a very close relationship. The Mazda6 was pretty much the same as the Ford Fusion/Milan/Zephyr.
    Well yeah, not really secret. Though it goes for several other car brands aswell. VW and Volvo coloborate alot on their B-pillars and Jaguar and BW on their A-pillars.

Deleted
    Doesn't everyone in the US drive around in cars like:

?

Anyway good cars who look good and are comfortable come from Germany, if you want pure quality and things like technology you actually need, Japan is probably still king.

Quote Originally Posted by Abba View Post
    since when are VW, Audi, BMW and Mercedes luxury cars?^^
    in the U.S, audi/bmw/vw/mercedes and so on are considered high class luxury cars, when in Europe they are alot more common. they are extremely expensive here.

---------- Post added 2012-03-29 at 01:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    Doesn't everyone in the US drive around in cars like:

?

Anyway good cars who look good and are comfortable come from Germany, if you want pure quality and things like technology you actually need, Japan is probably still king.
    not since the 70's
    ''If MMORPG players were around when God said, "Let their be light" they'd have called the light gay, and plunged the universe back into darkness by squatting their nutsacks over it.'' Quoted from-

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadriel View Post
    the German automobile industry is by far setting the standards nowadays, even the top brands all have cars that are affordable (by middle-class families at least), like the Audi A4, BMW 3 and 5 series, and Mercedes C and E-Class. All these vehicles possess superior quality, no need to go for their flagships.
    It's a good thing those German companies have held onto that reputation for high quality that they built up over the 80s and 90s. Mercedes yes, it's still a very nice manufacturer. But Audi and BMW? You might want to check out JD Powers on that one, Audi and BMW are covered in 2 star and 3 star (out of 5) ratings.

Deleted
    what i've learned from watching Top gear UK is that America makes good cars, if you want to go fast in a straight line, or want a pick-up truck.

I know Ford produce some pretty decent and popular cars - the Mondeo and the Focus are both popular in the UK. As far as I can gather though, neither are sold in the US .. why is that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliessil View Post
    I know Ford produce some pretty decent and popular cars - the Mondeo and the Focus are both popular in the UK. As far as I can gather though, neither are sold in the US .. why is that?
    Exactly, I'm from the UK and I'd love do the opposite; to buy an American car, the only issue is that you don't sell 90% of your cars over here, the only way I could get one would be an import.

Every car near me is either an Audi or a BMW, and it is so boring. Saw a lovely Shelby GT drive past me the other day, and it was such a rarity and one of my favourite 'realistically affordable' cars I could have crashed I was so busy looking at its behind!
    Last edited by mmocd5adff39f2; 2012-03-29 at 02:18 PM.

America doesn't even make the best trucks, for pick p truck, the undisputed kind is the Toyota Hilux, and SUV's in europe hardly anyone buys american SUV's, rather going for Land Rover, Range Rover, BMW or the other more european/japanese brands.
    Congratulations, you've conformed to societies idea of a non-conformist!

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    Ford Focus is available in the US, and the Focus ST is coming out in the 2013 model year. (I'm actually the seating engineer on the Focus program).
    The Mondeo is available in the US. It used to be called the Ford Contour. For the past few years there wasn't a direct counterpart (though we had the Ford Fusion and the Ford Taurus to fill the market segment), and starting in 2013 with the redesign it will be common with the Ford Fusion (with the Aston-styled front end).

Both are sold in the US and are wildly popular. The Focus has like 5 different models coming out (high end, hybrid, electric) and the Mondeo is called the Fusion here. Same car different name.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    The focus is sold in the states, and is a major factor in their turnaround to profitability. Mondeo isn't to my knowledge sold here, at least under that brand name (could be rebranded?)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moguri View Post
    Both are sold in the US and are wildly popular. The Focus has like 5 different models coming out (high end, hybrid, electric) and the Mondeo is called the Fusion here. Same car different name.
    Indeed, my car is called something different in America. Makes it confusing playing racing games and finding a car you know called something completely different.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Chevrolet, GMC, Ford, Cadillac, Dodge don't ring a bell?
    Chevrolet and Ford are superior cars in Price/Quality segment.
    Damn my father's Chevy Tahoe just rip into pieces every possible Toyota, Benz, VW offroads.
    Frod Mustang, Challenger, Charger >> any european tuner car.
    Lol, that wild statement made me laugh. It's plain to see that you have zero knowledge regarding cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    America doesn't even make the best trucks, for pick p truck, the undisputed kind is the Toyota Hilux, and SUV's in europe hardly anyone buys american SUV's, rather going for Land Rover, Range Rover, BMW or the other more european/japanese brands.
    Fun Fact: While the parts are from elsewhere, Toyota Trucks are made in the United States.

Quote Originally Posted by OmniSkribe View Post
    Chevrolet, GMC, Ford, Cadillac, Dodge don't ring a bell?
    Chevrolet and Ford are superior cars in Price/Quality segment.
    Damn my father's Chevy Tahoe just rip into pieces every possible Toyota, Benz, VW offroads.
    Frod Mustang, Challenger, Charger >> any european tuner car.
    These came to mind instantly. + The dodge viper is my dream car and has been since Gran Tourismo 1 and im English

Quote Originally Posted by moguri View Post
    Interesting .. we see footage of American cities from time to time, and their traffic. Most of the time, the cars I recognise as being available in the UK are makes like VW, BMW, Mercedes Benz, Chevrolet, Toyota - rarely see Ford, never Vauxhall (Opel). Come to think of it I was in Houston a couple of years back for several weeks (work trip), and don't remember seeing any recognisable Fords then, either ...

Hence thinking the Focus / Mondeo wasn't available out there :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post
    Ford Focus is available in the US, and the Focus ST is coming out in the 2013 model year. (I'm actually the seating engineer on the Focus program).
    The Mondeo is available in the US. It used to be called the Ford Contour. For the past few years there wasn't a direct counterpart (though we had the Ford Fusion and the Ford Taurus to fill the market segment), and starting in 2013 with the redesign it will be common with the Ford Fusion (with the Aston-styled front end).

Well, shit. That's the kind of car I want to see. Is this US only? How much does it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Redcinder View Post
    These came to mind instantly. + The dodge viper is my dream car and has been since Gran Tourismo 1 and im English
    does dodge even still make Vipers? I have honestly seen more Ferrari than Vipers and I dont live in south beach or palm beach where everyone has millions of dollars. Also luxury cars arent dream cars unless you are talking about Rolls Royce or Bentley. I have two friends under 30 that are driving brand new Maserati they bought with their own money by working, not some trust fund babies. Also most of my friends that drive cars drive something in the BMW 5 series or Mercedes E class range.
    Last edited by Lilly32; 2012-03-29 at 02:41 PM.

Simple, CAFE laws.