Page 22 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    it would have been pretty neat with the new stealth changes but probably ridiculously op
    I agree, but it still woulda been fun. :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    I agree, but it still woulda been fun. :P
    there does need to be better elite skills tho esp somethign relatign to the core mechanic of steal

maybe a super steal or something... like grabbing something crazy off them?

or an elite trap...
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

it would have been pretty neat with the new stealth changes but probably ridiculously op

---------- Post added 2012-03-30 at 04:49 PM ----------

ninjas are uncool
    Damn hypsters hating on katanas

10+ Year Old Account
    there does need to be better elite skills tho esp somethign relatign to the core mechanic of steal

maybe a super steal or something... like grabbing something crazy off them?

or an elite trap...
    I think one neat idea would be some kind of PBAoE scorpion-wire themed skill, but in the sense of immobilizing all nearby enemies (instead of pulling them to you).
    I'm sure they could come up with some more amazing elites themed off thief/assassin concepts. We'll have to try them all out in beta to see if they're all as awesome as they should be.
    I'm shocked that shadow refuge isn't an elite, tbh.

Also, in regards to dagger storm: If you really think it's not awesome, consider that the projectiles it throws out are affected by combo fields.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Also, in regards to dagger storm: If you really think it's not awesome, consider that the projectiles it throws out are affected by combo fields.
    So does leaping death blossom both cause same effect.... most classes have 2 elites that make them badass...ele get tornado and a giant fire sword...SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF

I think It's awesome... For a Warrior. Not quite Thiefy enough in my eyes, chucking weapons all over the place and whatnot.

A steal related elite would be awesome.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Not sure how many of you played WOW but if you ever come across a lagy rogue with sprint up and they are blinking all over the place something like that would be cool
    kinda like fake super speed

Quote Originally Posted by solidsheep View Post
    Not sure how many of you played WOW but if you ever come across a lagy rogue with sprint up and they are blinking all over the place something like that would be cool
    kinda like fake super speed
    Sounds nice. The Mesmers would get jealous

Also that is kinda what I was getting at with a Killing Spree like elite. Jumping in and out of the shadows in a certain area.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Quote Originally Posted by PonyCannon View Post
    Sounds nice. The Mesmers would get jealous

Also that is kinda what I was getting at with a Killing Spree like elite. Jumping in and out of the shadows in a certain area.
    Hey I am jealous they have invis i think we can cut a deal here :P
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...fcdRH30Q#t=56s look at that boy rag doll...sorry off topic
    Last edited by solidsheep; 2012-03-30 at 11:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think It's awesome... For a Warrior. Not quite Thiefy enough in my eyes, chucking weapons all over the place and whatnot.
    They're daggers. Warriors and daggers don't fit!

Throwing daggers and other small sharp objects is very much a thief/assassin skill.

So does leaping death blossom both cause same effect.... most classes have 2 elites that make them badass...ele get tornado and a giant fire sword...SNIFF SNIFF SNIFF
    The only thing I could imagine would be turning is manipulating shadows to become some sort of walking shadow creature with unique weapon skills, but I'm not really interested in that.

Also: Dagger Storm doesn't cost initiative. Leaping Death Blossom doesn't cause Cripple, nor does Leaping Death Blossom reflect projectiles.

Dagger Storm ability may as well have you turning into a storm of daggers. :S
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-03-30 at 11:33 PM.

Also: Dagger Storm doesn't cost initiative. Leaping Death Blossom doesn't cause Cripple.
    I dont know dagger storm and bas venom both sound like they should be utility skills they dont feel "ELITE" in any shape

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont know dagger storm and bas venom both sound like they should be utility skills they dont feel "ELITE" in any shape
    I will agree the venom doesn't, but dagger storm most definitely looks elite to me. Have you seen it in the various WvWvW videos? I've seen it from a Mesmer perspective, and it's freaking frightening. The name doesn't do it justice.

I'm actually very disappointed that TB chose to use Charzooka, preventing us from seeing this truly epic elite.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sure they could come up with some more amazing elites themed off thief/assassin concepts. We'll have to try them all out in beta to see if they're all as awesome as they should be.
    I'm shocked that shadow refuge isn't an elite, tbh.

o no nono i like dagger storm, i just like thieves guild better

and when i say we need "better" skills i mean things that are "cooler"

as for shadow refuge: thieves needed a raw support skill, this is a step in that direction but... since its no longer a heal skill and its a utility they need to make a new icon for it =p
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    o no nono i like dagger storm, i just like thieves guild better

and when i say we need "better" skills i mean things that are "cooler"

as for shadow refuge: thieves needed a raw support skill, this is a step in that direction but... since its no longer a heal skill and its a utility they need to make a new icon for it =p
    The gw2tools.com tooltip shows that it applies stealth and healing both, while also providing a combo field. O_o

10+ Year Old Account

A steal related elite would be awesome.

katarina disagrees with you sir
    The Original Ganksta

I will agree the venom doesn't, but dagger storm most definitely looks elite to me. Have you seen it in the various WvWvW videos? I've seen it from a Mesmer perspective, and it's freaking frightening. The name doesn't do it justice.

I'm actually very disappointed that TB chose to use Charzooka, preventing us from seeing this truly epic elite.
    I swear bas venom use to be a utility skill maybe a place holder till they bring a better elite?

10+ Year Old Account
    The gw2tools.com tooltip shows that it applies stealth and healing both, while also providing a combo field. O_o
    but you cant have a profession's only raw healing support skill be its elite
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    I swear bas venom use to be a utility skill maybe a place holder till they bring a better elite?
    basilisk is actually pretty powerful, though it doesnt fit the "flashy" effect most elites do

EDIT: WTF double post? im good
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    basilisk is actually pretty powerful, though it doesnt fit the "flashy" effect most elites do
    I'll agree it's powerful, I just think it's not elite. ^_^

I'm perfectly happy with thieves guild and dagger storm.

katarina disagrees with you sir
    +1 rep to you sir!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll agree it's powerful, I just think it's not elite. ^_^

+1 rep to you sir!
    but if its not elite they cant make it powerful :3
    The Original Ganksta