Just use gank squads, they work way too well in LoL. Get two buddies and don't even worry about towers and lanes. I made a post about it here but it probably applies to DotA2 now too.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    I wish you gave me a heads up, I've been skulking this entire week thinking you were trolling me :<

OT: Wo0t! Dota2 downloading is at 90%, Riathy, concerning the mid lane. Who should go there? What makes a champion viable for mid lane?
    Mostly heroes who have a higher advantage of being higher level than others. Gankers mostly fill this roll, think of Tiny or Queen of Pain.
    Do note that every hero is at an advantage of being higher level than the enemy but Gankers mostly have bursty spells on low(er) cooldown than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post
    Thanks for the tips! Just a few questions though.

1: Why would I want the creeps to rush MY tower?

I'm not really sure what you mean by Creep Pulling / Blocking.

How would I set up ganks? Just warding more?
    As said before on the last page; you are safer near your tower. If you want to kill the enemy it is better to do so when they are closer to your tower than to theirs. Towers are not as scary as in LoL but they do give some protection.

As for creep pulling/blocking here is a video!

As for the ganking part I'll come back at that. need to search for some good video.

Edit: ARGH I had a perfect game where I played support but alas I didn't save it, I could've shown some screenshots from that! :< (Lion support)

Well looking for some videos on some nice ganks... but can't find one at the moment.

As for ganking I made a map which shows perfect conditions for a gank, on both sides. The paths I've shown are the general paths towards the lane, do note that trees are destructible and a path can be made within an instance!

Basically, inform the allie(s) in the lane that you are going for a gank, so they are prepared. When they are ready be sure to flank the enemy, time stuns/slows so that you do not cast them all together. Stuns and/or slows do not wait for each other to expire. So only slow/stun when the enemy is about to get out of the stun/slow. Also be sure to autoattack the enemy, a normal support has around the 45-50 attack damage (IIRC!) so it adds up! (level 1 spells generally do 75-125 damage depending on the hero)

You can gank from level 1/2, you do not need to be level 6-10 to make offensive moves!

As for the map; please note that the tower placement could be a tad off, and the paths I've drawn are >>VERY<< basic. (and are for the early-mid game) It is just to give the general idea.

P.s.
    Also when you try to gank be sure that the enemy does not know where you went.... try to stay reclusive the best you can whenever you support in lane. (Use line of sight or hide between the trees) So that they become accustom to your move(s). When 1 guy is always very defensive and becomes offensive in the lane without any obvious reason then he might have someone coming to gank you.
    Last edited by Riathy; 2012-03-31 at 10:20 PM.
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll let everyone else explain all this newcomer stuff. MadShadowHax on Steam if you want to play, you'll learn just as much.

Great post Riathy just one point the the Dire gank arrow for the middle lane is on the wrong side, it should be on the north, you WILL get hit by the tower if yuo go that side. Mid lane ganks both have to come from the north

Great post Riathy. I've been playing around with a lot of heroes, and I found Sniper to be my best so far. Even as a carry. I've won 4 out of 5 with him. Riki always rapes my face at higher levels though. I might try him out.

Quote Originally Posted by Freezymcgee View Post
    Great post Riathy just one point the the Dire gank arrow for the middle lane is on the wrong side, it should be on the north, you WILL get hit by the tower if yuo go that side. Mid lane ganks both have to come from the north
    You are right!
    ◕ ‿ ◕ uguu~

10+ Year Old Account
    trolling the enemy team with my shaco juke
    Finally managed to play some games today as Stormspirit ( 4 ) and 1 as Lina.
    Oh. My. God. Last hitting is a bit harder then I expected but surprisingly did pretty well ! Had the most CS and most denies in all 5 games. Jesus Christ Lina's attack animation is sooo slooow >.< reminds me of old morg animation.

Adding you soon Kurd, my name is Batossai

---------- Post added 2012-04-01 at 07:45 PM ----------

Btw Guys!
    To all the people that are playing Dota2, how about we all add eachother to friends list?
    <-- Batossai ( picture is same as my signature )

I advise anyone who hasn't done so to check out Dotacinema's Top 10 Plays they now have 4 episodes of it and some are just hilarious, so many clutch moments and epic rampages.

The newest one...

Deleted
    For some reason support sounds a lot more interesting and complicated in DotA. I shall be the number 1 of the world if I ever get an invite <snip> don't beg for keys. or well beta acces.
    Last edited by mmoc8b7a14d456; 2012-04-02 at 02:49 PM.

Holy damn. Watching that video, DotA just seems to crawl with "WTF"-moments. Gonna take time to get used to that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swiftero View Post
    Holy damn. Watching that video, DotA just seems to crawl with "WTF"-moments. Gonna take time to get used to that.
    Oh yes you will, and you will enjoy every minute of it even if your terrible!!

---------- Post added 2012-04-02 at 03:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    For some reason support sounds a lot more interesting and complicated in DotA. I shall be the number 1 of the world if I ever get an invite <snip> don't beg for keys. or well beta acces.
    It is so much much much better in LoL ( imo ), its more action packed

---------- Post added 2012-04-02 at 03:58 PM ----------

Also, I got 2 guys whisper me in LoL asking how to get a Dota2 key, so I thought id put it here aswell incase someone aint too sure. There are 3 ways
    1 - Go to playdota.com, make an account. Go to the forums > Beta Key Chat Forum > check the announcement for * Playdota Key Draw *. Read whats written and follow instructions
    2 - Go to dota2.com, look for a sign up with survey thingy. Complete the survey and hope
    3 - Some1 already in the Dota2 beta has an extra key ( sometimes Valve gives out current beta testers an extra pair ), they can invite you that way ( you get it send too you as a gift on Steam )

EDIT: If I get an extra key, I'll choose a random person thats been posting from the start in this thread just to make you guys happy :3
    Last edited by Silent; 2012-04-02 at 02:58 PM.

Hey I got a spare Dota invite if anyone still needs one Just send me your steam name I'll give it to the first person

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Bale View Post
    Great post Riathy. I've been playing around with a lot of heroes, and I found Sniper to be my best so far. Even as a carry. I've won 4 out of 5 with him. Riki always rapes my face at higher levels though. I might try him out.
    Lol Sniper -> Riki is like the most typical new player progression.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    Lol Sniper -> Riki is like the most typical new player progression.
    Oh Yes, the top 2 killstealin champs
    Just had a pretty pubstomp game as Gondor, at 10m I had 5 kills o.o got really lucky with the runes, got 3 in a row and bottled em. Out laned enemy Huskar thank god

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sythern View Post
    Hey I got a spare Dota invite if anyone still needs one Just send me your steam name I'll give it to the first person
    gimme! steam name Renekten. really want to try it out badly

Edit : sorry, tried PM'ing but I can't see any confirmation that the message has been sent and have nothing in my ''Sent Messages'' tab. hence this post.
    Last edited by mmoc05bd575a48; 2012-04-02 at 08:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post
    OMG RENEK !!! y u no post in longtime?!
    hurry and get that key

I tried playing Dota 2 but i'm too use to being babied by LoL. So i'm having a really rough, stressful transition. I really want to be able to like the game though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Silent View Post
    OMG RENEK !!! y u no post in longtime?!
    hurry and get that key
    I only post when something REALLY interests me tbh.
    Or if I'm just really fucking bored. (*cough* school *cough*)

Quote Originally Posted by Kilidan View Post

Edit : sorry, tried PM'ing but I can't see any confirmation that the message has been sent and have nothing in my ''Sent Messages'' tab. hence this post.
    Alright I sent you a steam invite I guess you have to be a friend to receive one

I actually send you a PM on behalf of my bro 25 mins before that post but I guess you didnt get it, oh well all is fair in love and war

grats on the key kilidan

on a side note: Episode 5 is out!
    Last edited by Freezymcgee; 2012-04-03 at 07:50 AM.