Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

No GvG in Guild Wars 2

Am i only concerned about GvG in Guild Wars ?

Guild wars has always been based on Guild vs Guild i got my Champion Title (gold ribbon cape) on Guild Wars and basically i havent seen anyone crying for not having this anymore. I loved to spend hundreds of hours in my Guild Hall having fun with my guild mates planning and configuring a lot of team aspects guild wars offers, i personally think it was a amazing way to do PvP (a lot better than HoH). The method and gameplay was far beyond anything i have seen till now on any MMO. To be honnest the game says "guild wars" so it must have something to compete on guild vs guild... It must have a guild lord and its henches and those flag runners and bodyguards.. getting morale boost and all that stuff i want GvG desperately !! ;(

So is everyone Ok with GW2 not having GvG ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenas View Post
    So is everyone Ok with GW2 not having GvG ?
    Yup. There will be enough competition between guilds to hold keeps in WvWvW for me.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Klazmaunt View Post
    Yup. There will be enough competition between guilds to hold keeps in WvWvW for me.
    But WvW is for everyone not only one guild vs another one... Is like u loose ur identity and keep the name of your guild as a top ranked, those videos showing top 50 guilds fighting each other, watching their strategy their gamestyle, their gameplay, their skills moving around learning from them competing against them... what happened to all of that ?

WvWvW sounds more like Alliance Battle (AB) or something.. rather than having a propper roster of players fighting for achieving a higher rank in the ladder...
    Last edited by mmocad03b94919; 2012-04-02 at 03:16 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggetmagic View Post
    Guild Wars is the name of a series or wars between Ascalon, Kryta, and Orr. That is where the name Guild Wars came from.
    I know that i read the book twice.. but still is guild vs guild GvG Guild fighting for being at the top.. come on is "champion" title is probably the most hard pvp achivement ever in guild wars history...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not really sure what the problem is. The game is allowing people who may not be in the largest guilds to feel accomplished and useful via WvWvW. If you're in a guild and you make a large assault on a keep, people are going to know who they just got stomped by.

Honestly, I don't care who the best guild is on a server I'm not playing on, ESPECIALLY PvP. I could care less who the top ranked players are because I'll most likely never run into them. They can have their 15 minutes and that's fine with me. As for the "strategy, gamestyle, gameplay, skills etc" of other players. I've never quite understood it. I always liked figuring things out our way with what worked best for us as a guild and going from there.

This game even strengthens that. You play what you want, how you want, with who you want. There's no evident cookie-cutter way to play classes (yet). That's the beauty of it.
    "It's not enough to live, you have to have something worth living for."

guild vs guild prestige vs server vs server prestige.
    Seems to me like they just upped the ante.
    Structured pvp will still provide a nice intimate pvp experience.

I think that there will still be a lot of guild competition within WvW PvP. There are going to be people who go in alone, or with small groups of friends, but there are also going to be plenty of guilds who go at it frequently. I wouldn't be surprised if people tried to take it to a competitive level.

10+ Year Old Account
    You act as if this has no chance of being implemented later...trust me if its something the community wants they will definitely add it at some point...personally i never touched gw1 despite how pumped i am for gw2...so i can't comment on how awesome/bad it was. But i can comment on the fact that im fairly confident if the community puts enough pressure on them to implement it in some way they will. =) Never lost hope...

10+ Year Old Account
    If WvW is anything like DAoC RvR (which it does for the most part) then yes, Guild competition will be pretty much up there. You'll see Guild rivalry not only between different servers but within the same servers as well.

Deleted
    Hehehe

They could easily orginize , ranked beer-drunk fights or the the ice-skating-american footbal-with the barrel > both casses > cannot be used weapons or the actual skill of each class-proffesion , or the other 30 mini games , that will be introduced .
    There will be other ways , for guilds to compete > without <<actual>> touching pvp

Edit: They could work , as RBG too > without forcing u to stack the most OP classes , to be succeful
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-04-02 at 04:09 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not really sure what the problem is. The game is allowing people who may not be in the largest guilds to feel accomplished and useful via WvWvW.
    I dont actually see a "problem" with it but a big dissapointment, I guess its more efective to do something for "everyone" instead of doing something for only top 50 guilds.. but the chance of having something that actually made me play a lot in gw1 was GvG and this dissapears in gw2. (i am sure i wont miss it during the first 6 months as i will be amazed by all the possible content but... i need GvG :P )

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    guild vs guild prestige vs server vs server prestige.
    Seems to me like they just upped the ante.
    Structured pvp will still provide a nice intimate pvp experience.
    I am not sure if i actually get you.. when u say prestige u mean the loot table u can buy with the prestige achieved ? i dont care about loots i can go with my pvp ready made lvl20 gear and still be able to dshot with one hand at an outstanding level..

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    I think that there will still be a lot of guild competition within WvW PvP. There are going to be people who go in alone, or with small groups of friends, but there are also going to be plenty of guilds who go at it frequently. I wouldn't be surprised if people tried to take it to a competitive level.
    I am sure there will be a lot of people unskilled in your group trying to do some stuff and its a fine gamestyle but not as amazing gvg was back in gw1.

Honestly, I don't care who the best guild is on a server I'm not playing on, ESPECIALLY PvP. I could care less who the top ranked players are because I'll most likely never run into them. They can have their 15 minutes and that's fine with me.
    In WvWvW you will unevitably run into them or they will probably run into you...

There's no evident cookie-cutter way to play classes (yet). That's the beauty of it.
    My experience in MMO says there will always be cookie-cutter builds no matter what you do against it.. there will always be something easy to run and very effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    You act as if this has no chance of being implemented later...trust me if its something the community wants they will definitely add it at some point...personally i never touched gw1 despite how pumped i am for gw2...so i can't comment on how awesome/bad it was. But i can comment on the fact that im fairly confident if the community puts enough pressure on them to implement it in some way they will. =) Never lost hope...
    Even though i hate comparing and i think gw2 doesnt deserve to be compared as a mmo yet... WoW bought BG rated (very well compared to GvG) excepting the idea that you dont need a minimum of 80% being people of the same guild and no guild ladder but a personal one... (well but WoW isnt called Guild Wars) so its fine.
    I hope when they implement GvG (if they do) its just not too late.

Guild names will hardly mean anything to those being stomped by them: the worlds you fight rotate every 2 weeks, so you'll never develop a particular hatred/admiration/respect for any guild.

I don't care about GvG. I understand why someone would want it, and for someone like yourself that has been at the top before, I can imagine why it's hard to have it all taken away. However, as someone mentioned earlier, if there is enough support for GvG like there was in GW1, I'm certain ANet will consider it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshun View Post
    Guild names will hardly mean anything to those being stomped by them: the worlds you fight rotate every 2 weeks, so you'll never develop a particular hatred/admiration/respect for any guild.
    Sorry for my lack of knowledge in gw2 but i dont get this.. can u elaborate more please ?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenas View Post
    Sorry for my lack of knowledge in gw2 but i dont get this.. can u elaborate more please ?
    He means you'll be facing different worlds every 2 weeks, so you won't see the same guild every week to develop a rivalry.

No I'm not sad to miss it because it was quite a difficult esport to get into and despite being called Guild Wars, it was not based around GvG.

Do you even see guild names when you play people in WvW? All I thought you saw was "Blue Invader" or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Do you even see guild names when you play people in WvW? All I thought you saw was "Blue Invader" or something like that.
    You do not see names, only guild tags.

Ah that's right. Doing the same system as GW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    And touch up on what Delias said, with the color dye system it's also possible for guilds to dye their equipment with their guild colors.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    He means you'll be facing different worlds every 2 weeks, so you won't see the same guild every week to develop a rivalry.
    I still dont get about "different worlds" even though you loose a WvWvW or win it.. your guild will still be there, am i right ?

So why cant we develop a particular hatred/admiration/respect for any guild. ?

I seriously dont know anything about this cause i havent read enough or watched about WvWvW so if someone can enlighten me i would highly appreciate it.