Quote Originally Posted by xylophone View Post
    *GASP* an... analogy?
    Careful, I'm starting to think you're a threat to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Careful, I'm starting to think you're a threat to me.
    Too late, new sig >=)
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?
    ^^^ Wells using an analogy

So a grown man murders a kid and it might be legal. He was out at night stalking random people with a gun and its legal. He is allegedly confrontated for stalking a scared kid at night, he is the only one being armed, and he is armed with a gun, he doesnt use it to scare the kid of, he uses it to kill him and it might be legal becaus you know, poor armed Zimmerman might have gotten scared because a 17 year old allegedly threw some punches at him. Which gave him injuries that were so severe that a few hours later they didnt even show in any shape or form on a video of him.

Stalking people at night and shooting them dead because you got scared might be LEGAL in america...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by blib View Post
    So a grown man murders a kid and it might be legal. He was out at night stalking random people with a gun and its legal. He is allegedly confrontated for stalking a scared kid at night, he is the only one being armed, and he is armed with a gun, he doesnt use it to scare the kid of, he uses it to kill him and it might be legal becaus you know, poor armed Zimmerman might have gotten scared because a 17 year old allegedly threw some punches at him. Which gave him injuries that were so severe that a few hours later they didnt even show in any shape or form on a video of him.

Stalking people at night and shooting them dead because you got scared might be LEGAL in america...
    i thought he was on his front lawn....

10+ Year Old Account
    Zimmerman got full retard and follow the kid , end up shooting the kid now because he went full retard some gang put a bounty on him (we probaly know what will happen if they catch him). my point is like in tropic thunder: never ever go full retard you can go 1/2 retard, 1/4 retard but never go full retard111!!11!111137

so... anyone given a shit about guns control? trigger happy neighborhood watch ? he is training for the army, rawr, good shot son! Buy more guns !!
    I know douchebags that are fucking addicts to gunpowder.. hell yea, a whole culture based on "I HAVE A GUN, CAREFULL, DONT MESS WITH ME SON"

user infracted
    Last edited by Pendulous; 2012-04-03 at 03:02 AM.

...we think Frost mages are balanced.
    http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1...-answers-2-pvp

You sonofabitch.

you could at least fix my grammar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shiftbull View Post
    so... anyone given a shit about guns control? trigger happy neighborhood watch ? he is training for the army, rawr, good shot son! Buy more guns !!
    I know douchebags that are fucking addicts to gunpowder.. hell yea, a whole culture based on "I HAVE A GUN, CAREFULL, DONT MESS WITH ME SON"
    Except the members of said culture are extremely careful with their guns so they can avoid situations like Zimmerman has created.
    Lets say you have a two 3 inch lines. One is all red and the other is 48% red and 52% blue. Does that mean there's a 50-50 chance they're both red or is the second line matching the all red line by 48%?

Just close this thread already......its like beating a dead horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanyali View Post
    No, it is NOT a 48% likely chance it is him.

It's a 48% MATCH. As in, 48% of it matches his voice and 52% of it DOES NOT. This means that it is very, very very very very very very very very very far beyond "50/50 being him". It's more 99% NOT him.

And when you bring out the expert saying that you can use random sounds to match, since you can, and what the voice is saying matters not at all, it is a lot stronger than the case you're putting forward.

You cannot bring an expert to say "well, there's a 50% chance that it IS him" because it's not. It's flat-out not a chance, it's a matching percent.
    You can rant about it all you want, but the fact is you get that evidence in front of a jury and it still sounds like 50%/50%. Unless Tom Owen comes out and says specifically that this guarantees it is not Zimmerman, saying crap like a 48% match will work against you in a jury trial. I doubt Tom Owen will say that, because it is already fairly obvious who he thinks it is and the reason he isn't saying it definitely isn't Zimmerman is he doesn't have the proof to back it up. I AM NOT SAYING IT IS ZIMMERMAN, I am saying proving it isn't in a jury trial isn't going to be easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    You sonofabitch.

you could at least fix my grammar.
    Editing your sentence structure? What do I look like? NBC?

Except the members of said culture are extremely careful with their guns so they can avoid situations like Zimmerman has created.
    Yes americas yearly death toll clearly proves this point. Americans are a people that are arguing that they need guns because people are comming to rob, rape and murder them. Giving guns to people with this mentality is insane. You are afraid of your own shadows so you shoot stuff and now you ahve created a law that makes tghis behaviour legal. ITS INSANE.

Quote Originally Posted by jbombard View Post
    You can rant about it all you want, but the fact is you get that evidence in front of a jury and it still sounds like 50%/50%. Unless Tom Owen comes out and says specifically that this guarantees it is not Zimmerman, saying crap like a 48% match will work against you in a jury trial. I doubt Tom Owen will say that, because it is already fairly obvious who he thinks it is and the reason he isn't saying it definitely isn't Zimmerman is he doesn't have the proof to back it up. I AM NOT SAYING IT IS ZIMMERMAN, I am saying proving it isn't in a jury trial isn't going to be easy.

It's very easy when you get the experts to say "this voice matches his voice print in 48% of areas, which means that is is not Zimmerman's. It shares 48% of the vocal points of the scream, which is 12% less than is required to determine two are the same".

Couple seconds of thought from someone in a different (though similar - linguistics ) field. Sure an expert + lawyer could make it even more obvious.

That's the trouble with explaining science to a dozen or so of possibly uneducated laymen. It goes from presenting fact to using easy-happy-language-words as to not overload poor jury's brains...

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes americas yearly death toll clearly proves this point. Americans are a people that are arguing that they need guns because people are comming to rob, rape and murder them. Giving guns to people with this mentality is insane. You are afraid of your own shadows so you shoot stuff and now you ahve created a law that makes tghis behaviour legal. ITS INSANE.
    You obviously don't know any "gun-nuts."

I suspect the truth about this is somewhere in between what either side in this case would have you believe. More importantly we may never know the whole truth. All we know is a child died needlessly and senselessly. If that is not a call for more control on guns in the united states I'm not sure what is. Truly if a society has gone so far that it no longer protects its children...

I think you're projecting your own failing too hard on to others. Its not hard to explain what a percentage match means. I did it with three sentences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I suspect the truth about this is somewhere in between what either side in this case would have you believe. More importantly we may never know the whole truth. All we know is a child died needlessly and senselessly. If that is not a call for more control on guns in the united states I'm not sure what is. Truly if a society has gone so far that it no longer protects its children...
    So let's say Zimmerman's account is accurate but instead of using his gun he suffered permanent brain damage or death, do you think Martin would be tried as a child?

You obviously don't know any "gun-nuts."
    You mean gun nerds? As in the people who collect all kinds of guns and knows way to much about them? Thats just collectors and nerds. There are far between those in america. Most people just seem to have this hyped up hysteria about how much they and theire families are in danger and they need guns so they can shoot the people trying to kill them.

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean gun nerds? As in the people who collect all kinds of guns and knows way to much about them? Thats just collectors and nerds. There are far between those in america. Most people just seem to have this hyped up hysteria about how much they and theire families are in danger and they need guns so they can shoot the people trying to kill them.
    I wouldn't call it a hysteria, I would call it preparing for the worst. I have a 12ga in my closet, does that mean I wanna blow anyone away that breaks into my house? No, it just means anyone I catch is gonna get a "git off ma.... rug" as I rack the slide.