H Spine Macro Help

I have two macros I use to help me on heroic spine.

It is my duty to break people out of the grip and later with so many bloods up its difficult to mouse target so my first macro is simplely

/cleartarget
    /cleartarget
    /target Corruption

It works 90% of the time but sometimes it does nothing. For a while I thought it was because it was out of my view but I've turned my back to it completely and it still works most of the time.

This next macro works about 60% of the time but I need it to be up all the time.

/cleartarget
    /cleartarget
    /target burning tendon
    /use 13
    /use Call of the Wild
    /use Blood Furry
    /petattack
    /use Serpent Sting

When it doesn't work, it will still use the trinket, CotW, and BF but I won't have any target, and my pet is doing nothing.
    I haven't be able to find any pattern to this one not working either.

Any help is much appreciated.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by webwierdo View Post
    I have two macros I use to help me on heroic spine.

It is my duty to break people out of the grip and later with so many bloods up its difficult to mouse target so my first macro is simplely

/cleartarget
    /cleartarget
    /target Corruption

It works 90% of the time but sometimes it does nothing. For a while I thought it was because it was out of my view but I've turned my back to it completely and it still works most of the time.

This next macro works about 60% of the time but I need it to be up all the time.

/cleartarget
    /cleartarget
    /target burning tendon
    /use 13
    /use Call of the Wild
    /use Blood Furry
    /petattack
    /use Serpent Sting

When it doesn't work, it will still use the trinket, CotW, and BF but I won't have any target, and my pet is doing nothing.
    I haven't be able to find any pattern to this one not working either.

Any help is much appreciated.
    Just use
    /tar boss2
    /tar boss3
    It's good for find tendon

And
    /use 13
    /use 14
    for activate trinket

Code:
    /cleartarget
    /tar boss2
    /tar boss3
    /stopmacro [notarget]
    /use 13
    /use call of the wild
    /use blood fury
    /petattack
    /use serpent sting
    Won't use any of your cooldowns until you're targeting the tendon.

What is boss 2 and boss 3?

Also any ideas why the macro works sometimes and not others?

boss2 is the raid frame for the burning tendons (with boss1 being Deathwing himself, who you cannot DPS directly). If you have boss frames up, you'll see it pop up when the plate lifts. I've never needed boss3. /tar burning tendons sometimes doesn't work because it'll target the non-exposed burning tendons which exist but aren't targetable or even visible because it's on the side of the plate not lifted up. So if you're close to that side, it might try and find the closest burning tendons, which is the one under the plate.

As for your first macro - does it fail only on plate 1 and 2 when it's way in the back? If so, I think a similar issue might be happening - it's trying to target a corruption not yet exposed by a plate being ripped off, and not the one behind you. I'd just try and manually click it, tbh, I see no easy solution for that. Or, as each new one pops up, I'd target it and use this macro:

/clearfocus
    /focus

and then use a:

/tar [@focus]

to switch to it during grips.

I use tidy plates http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tidy-plates so it is a lot easier to target the corruption.

It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't work because you're clicking it just before the tendon pops up. This is my macro and it does the job great:

/target Burning Tendon
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /petattack
    /cast Bestial Wrath
    /cast Rapid Fire
    /cast Call of the Wild
    /use Kiroptyric Sigil
    /use 10
    /startattack
    /cast Hunter's Mark

Make sure that when you use it you're actively running into the plate head first where the tendon is about to spawn, like just hold the W key. This will ensure nothing else gets targeted by mistake. the most important line is the /stopmacro[noexists] line which will make sure you don't pop any CD's until the tendon actually spawns. I'm not sure why the corruption macro doesn't work, I have heard some mages use a mouseover macro for that (like cast @ mouseover arcane blast) but I personally just target it manually and even on the third plate I don't have any problems.

gl progressing on spine!

Quote Originally Posted by Oricc View Post
    /target Burning Tendon
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    That's very helpful to me! Thank you.

One last question, why target boss 2 and boss 3?

boss2 is the tendon.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

Quote Originally Posted by webwierdo View Post
    One last question, why target boss 2 and boss 3?
    Because one side of the tendons is boss 2 and the other side is boss 3, only one will ever be up at a time so having them both in the macro won't mess up anything and will target whichever is showing at the time.
    <Angry>
    http://www.guild-angry.org/
    US Illidan, Horde
    T13 - US 31st, World 82nd H25 man

My guild just killed Spine HC25 last night for the first time(YAY! ). I used the following macros as a Hunter

/tar Corruption
    /focus
    /targetlasttarget
    -> Puts the Corruption tentacle on focus if you are on Grip duty or as backup

/tar boss2
    /use Hunter's Mark
    -> Targets the Tendon(We always expose the left side tendon, add /tar boss3 if you do right one)

#showtooltip Rapid Fire
    /use Rapid Fire
    /use 10
    /use Kiroptyric Sigil
    /use Call of the Wild
    /use Blood Fury
    -> General CD macro everyone should have, I only use it on the 1st tendon though :/

/use Kiroptyric Sigil
    /use Potion of Tol'vir
    /use 10
    /use Kiroptyric Sigil
    /use Call of the Wild
    /use Blood Fury
    -> What I use during Lust(/use 10 is engineering tinker) on 3rd tendon 1st expose, save RF for the very last Amalg.

#showtooltip
    /use Kiroptyric Sigil
    /use 10
    -> Short CD macro for when you don't have RF or CotW

As a general tip, you shouldn't no longer need to switch pets each platform to get that extra CotW, I tried it and noticed only a small increase in damage per tendon.
    We run with 3 hunters, so I'm the HM bitch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tehterokkar View Post
    As a general tip, you shouldn't no longer need to switch pets each platform to get that extra CotW, I tried it and noticed only a small increase in damage per tendon.
    We run with 3 hunters, so I'm the HM bitch.
    Yes truthfully its been nerfed so much that its probably not necessary, but I'd rather be safe than sorry, especially when there isn't really much for you to do straight after or possibly during the roll so you might as well pet swap.

Quote Originally Posted by MPFranke View Post
    I use tidy plates http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/tidy-plates so it is a lot easier to target the corruption.
    you can target it before the nameplate comes up, thats the point of the macros.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by maelstrang View Post
    or possibly during the roll so you might as well pet swap.

Exactly this, min / max =D

As long as you have a macro for targeting tendon and using CD's, you're fine.

Edit - Question I just thought of, what would be the macro for a Hunter's Mark that will target your current target, but will target the tendon is it's out....I'm not good with macros at all sadly..

Maybe something like...

/tar [exists=boss2/boss3]
    /cast Hunters Mark

...again, I'm horrible with macro'ing.... any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Last edited by PrecizionHunting; 2012-04-05 at 09:19 PM.

You can just:

/tar boss2
    /cast Hunters Mark

If boss2 isn't available, it'll stay on your target and apply HM to it, I believe.

/stopmacro [notarget]
    doesnt work, for me atleast

/stopmacro [noexists]
    does

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    You can just:

/tar boss2
    /cast Hunters Mark

If boss2 isn't available, it'll stay on your target and apply HM to it, I believe.
    do you want to be using HM though? i heard it was a dps loss, unless you have more than one hunter in the raid. i havent seem spine yet on my hunter, only warrior.

10+ Year Old Account
    /target burning tendon
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /use kiroptyric sigil
    /petattack
    /cast call of the wild
    /cast explosive shot

Works everytime for me.

---------- Post added 2012-04-06 at 01:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by asharia View Post
    do you want to be using HM though? i heard it was a dps loss, unless you have more than one hunter in the raid. i havent seem spine yet on my hunter, only warrior.
    Requirements are faceroll these days so it doesn't really matter.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    /target burning tendon
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /use kiroptyric sigil
    /petattack
    /cast call of the wild
    /cast explosive shot

Works everytime for me.

---------- Post added 2012-04-06 at 01:06 PM ----------

Requirements are faceroll these days so it doesn't really matter.
    Opening with ES x.x

Also, it's only worth using hunter's mark if there is more than one hunter, otherwise it is indeed a DPS loss.