RIFT Trial Upgrade Questions

I hope I don't word these confusingly, so here we go!

First off, I'm thinking of buying RIFT (Again). Past experiences with the hacked incident in Trion Worlds left my previous account hacked and banned, and unable to appeal it. Sad face, all that stuff. Anyways, if I upgrade to Ashes of History Edition, what's in that package besides the face value of the promotion items? More levels, more dungeons, what?

After that, I was wanting to charge my card INSTANTLY for the $99.99 yearly subscription to receive the rewards and cancel it (So I don't forget and get charged next year, duh) for a years worth of game play. If I do this, and want this, do I have to upgrade with the free month offered by the site so I have to input a subscription payment? Last but not least, is the collectors edition worth the $10.00 now? Or no?

Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    I hope I don't word these confusingly, so here we go!

First off, I'm thinking of buying RIFT (Again). Past experiences with the hacked incident in Trion Worlds left my previous account hacked and banned, and unable to appeal it. Sad face, all that stuff. Anyways, if I upgrade to Ashes of History Edition, what's in that package besides the face value of the promotion items? More levels, more dungeons, what?
    Just whatever it says on the tin. Mount, personal banker, and er... a tabard? Also, regarding your original account, call their customer services as they can quite possibly fix things for you. It's free to call anywhere in the world using skype (if you aren't in the US).

Quote Originally Posted by Tjsno View Post
    After that, I was wanting to charge my card INSTANTLY for the $99.99 yearly subscription to receive the rewards and cancel it (So I don't forget and get charged next year, duh) for a years worth of game play. If I do this, and want this, do I have to upgrade with the free month offered by the site so I have to input a subscription payment? Last but not least, is the collectors edition worth the $10.00 now? Or no?
    Well, you'll have your free month (and yeah you will need to enter your card details initially, though you can cancel if you want to), after that you will get charged and then sure, you can cancel the subscription.

Anyways, if I upgrade to Ashes of History Edition, what's in that package besides the face value of the promotion items? More levels, more dungeons, what?
    Ashes of History is just virtual items. Rift doesn't sell content access by edition. That is confusingly worded if you did not mean to imply such.

If I do this, and want this, do I have to upgrade with the free month offered by the site so I have to input a subscription payment?
    You just pay anytime. It's fairly straightforward. There is no process other than giving Trion money.

Last but not least, is the collectors edition worth the $10.00 now? Or no?
    Yes. Mount saves time and money as does the increased bag size, banker and all the xp pots you'll get. But if the $10 is too much, then you'll be fine without it. Just a small starter boost for a few bucks.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-04-06 at 12:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Just whatever it says on the tin. Mount, personal banker, and er... a tabard? Also, regarding your original account, call their customer services as they can quite possibly fix things for you. It's free to call anywhere in the world using skype (if you aren't in the US).

Well, you'll have your free month (and yeah you will need to enter your card details initially, though you can cancel if you want to), after that you will get charged and then sure, you can cancel the subscription.
    I did call and was unable to get it back.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Ashes of History is just virtual items. Rift doesn't sell content access by edition. That is confusingly worded if you did not mean to pimply such.

You just pay anytime. It's fairly straightforward. There is no process other than giving Trion money.

Yes. Mount saves time and money as does the increased bag size, banker and all the xp pots you'll get. But if the $10 is too much, then you'll be fine without it. Just a small starter boost for a few bucks.
    And thanks to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    <snip>
    Don't listen to Fencers, she's craaaaaazzzyyyyy!

That promotion didn't really entice me. The bank is nice to have but you can get a much cooler looking spider mount now...

I just bought the most basic edition for 5 euros, I easily afforded my mounts at each "upgrade" stage by selling things I had gathered questing and a few artifacts

So unless you love the looks of the mount, and feel you would get any use out of a personal banker there isn't much point. It is cheap though, so its a good deal if you want the small convenience