Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    very confusing post! he should reword it
    was not, and english isnt even my main language

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so purchase US to play EU to play EU. What about places like Australia? is there an oceanic version?

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Not exactly, the from is what is confusing. I read it as if you want to play from north america you have to buy the NA game and if you want to play from EU you get the EU game.
    This is correct as written.

I assumed the worlds thing was region specific.
    Despite this sentence following after, "Note that this restriction impacts where you can play from, not which game worlds you can choose to play on."

Delish. Zito, you are so bad at the internet.

It's hard to explain it when you already correctly understood it.

I read it as if you want to play NA severs buy NA, EU for EU servers.

there lol
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Haven't read original link. Can't open it now.
    So...it means you can't have a NA home server if you buy an EU copy of the game? I guess the last part is of the quote is that you can visit any server though.
    Kinda disappointing for WvWvW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azragarn View Post
    Ok so purchase US to play EU to play EU. What about places like Australia? is there an oceanic version?
    We will automatically get flagged as NA. There are no Aus data centres one in NA and one in Europe

Here are some answers and clarifications for you! First, if you purchase the game from https://buy.guildwars2.com/ you'll automatically be sorted into the right region.

And don't worry -- we want you to play with your friends wherever you are. This policy only affects where you can login from -- not which worlds you can access. People from NA will be able to play with people from EU at launch. We've got two datacenters -- one in NA and one in EU. Those who do not fall into either of those two regions will default to the NA datacenter.

Finally, we are aware that a lot of our players travel, and we are looking into a solution for you.

Hope that helps some! ~RB2
    ETA: Just be wary that some people have issues with both Google Chrome and Firefox defaulting that site to Europe, with me i have to use Internet Explorer to get https://buy.guildwars2.com to display as America.

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Haven't read original link. Can't open it now.
    So...it means you can't have a NA home server if you buy an EU copy of the game? I guess the last part is of the quote is that you can visit any server though.
    Kinda disappointing for WvWvW.
    It doesn't mean that at all. I quoted the relevant part in full a page back.

One must buy the game in the region they play from, but can play within the game anywhere they'd like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Can't tell if serious...

Clear as day.
    It's too vague to clarify whether or not we can play on a home server in another region.

It's pretty obvious where you're playing from. *looks out window*
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

That isn't vague at all. The term for it is a lot less kind and rightly insulting if I were allowed to say.

10+ Year Old Account
    That isn't vague at all. The term for it is a lot less kind and rightly insulting if I were allowed to say.
    It says absolutely nothing about whether or not an NA player can set his home server to an EU server.

All it says is that you have to play an NA-purchased game from the NA, rather than buying an NA game while you're abroad, heading back home to Germany, and installing it at home. (or, rather, that doing so would cause you to access data centers in your home regions) They never suggested that accessing local data centers will restrict you from accessing other data centers. I can access oceanic WoW servers from here in Texas, after all.
    I can change my region in LoL to access the European data centers, as well (although that's a downloaded game rather than purchased, I did DL it from the NA web site)

If that is what he was specifically trying to say, he should have just said "If you buy the game in the NA region, you must play on NA servers."

Rather than trying to be an intellectual.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-04-06 at 02:15 AM.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    It says absolutely nothing about whether or not an NA player can set his home server to an EU server.

All it says is that you have to play an NA-purchased game from the NA, rather than buying an NA game while you're abroad, heading back home to Germany, and installing it at home. (or, rather, that doing so would cause you to access data centers in your home regions) They never suggested that accessing local data centers will restrict you from accessing other data centers. I can access oceanic WoW servers from here in Texas, after all.
    Oceanic servers are still located in the U.S

Anyway, they have said you need to BUY the game in your region of residence.. weg U..S/Can/Aus will default to NA.. Same as WoW, which means you download the NA client and login from U.S/Can/Aus and then you can CHOOSE what region/server you want to play on at that time.- same for EU you get the EU client, login from EU and then choose what server to play on. so the client is region locked, not the game.

ALSO they stated pretty damn clearly that they are working on a solution for people who move around and live in different regions. So say your American and buy the NA client and then move to the U.K they will have a work around for you

I really do not understand why people are having a hard time understanding this? O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    At the very least, his specific wording suggests you are region-locked to servers in your region. This is what happens when you specifically try to sound professional or "smart" rather than just saying what you mean.

At the very least, his specific wording suggests you are region-locked to servers in your region. This is what happens when you specifically try to sound professional or "smart" rather than just saying what you mean.
    Sooo... you are actually saying:

Is my copy of Guild Wars 2 tied to my region?

Yes. To play from North America you must purchase a North American copy of the game. To play from Europe you must purchase a European copy of the game. Note that this restriction impacts where you can play from, not which game worlds you can choose to play on.

By purchasing the correct copy of the game, you're supporting the game in your country, and you'll be connecting to your local data center, using your local customer support team, and downloading the correct language support for your country.

~RB2
    ..this language was just too high for poor internet readers?

Oh, how marvelous my day turned out after a crummy 12pm-ish.

[Written by Rubi Bayer, a woman by the way.]

It doesn't mean that at all. I quoted the relevant part in full a page back.

One must buy the game in the region they play from, but can play within the game anywhere they'd like.
    Lets just say I was hoping I was reading it the way I said.......because otherwise I might not be able to play this game at all at launch.

If this is so....I'm having a very bad day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Oceanic servers are still located in the U.S
    ALSO they stated pretty damn clearly that they are working on a solution for people who move around and live in different regions. So say your American and buy the NA client and then move to the U.K they will have a work around for you

I really do not understand why people are having a hard time understanding this? O.o
    Gives me some hope then.
    Last edited by Squirrelbanes; 2012-04-06 at 02:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    [Written by Rubi Bayer, a woman by the way.]
    "His" did not refer to you, get off your high horse.

Again, note that "play on" does not translate to "set home server to"

"His" did not refer to you, get off your high horse.
    What in the living hell?

Rubi Bayer is a woman, she wrote what I quoted. She is RB2 on the Anet Twitter and Facebook pages.

How in the world did you get I thought you were speaking about me?

10+ Year Old Account
    What in the living hell?

Rubi Bayer is a woman, she wrote what I quoted. She is RB2 on the Anet Twitter and Facebook pages.

How in the world did you get I thought you were speaking about me?
    Lies, there are no Women in the gaming world lol

Hell is alive?

Mother of god.

10+ Year Old Account
    ..this language was just too high for poor internet readers?

Oh, how marvelous my day turned out after a crummy 12pm-ish.
    All it says is that you're able to visit a server from another region. It makes no mention of whether or not you can set one as your home server.

Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Hell is alive?

Mother of god.
    Too scared to respond in any way that isn't dry and matter of fact.

All it says is that you're able to visit a server from another region. It makes no mention of whether or not you can set one as your home server.
    That post you are quoting is not on that subject. Choose another post or address what I was speaking upon in that quote.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2012-04-06 at 03:53 AM.