Page 5 of 89 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    It looks decent, but I think I'll pass as well on this one. From what I've seen the character design seems fairly bland. Just not interesting enough to me, yet.

NDA is being lifted on the 6th.

Deleted
    has anyone got a beta key recently? i applied for one a while ago now and wondered what the situation on them is.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkey View Post
    has anyone got a beta key recently? i applied for one a while ago now and wondered what the situation on them is.
    Last wave that has gone out was this past week

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this looks great. Can't wait to try it out.

Deleted
    What will the f2p-restrictions be? Or wont they have any?

10+ Year Old Account
    Rumor has it that the NDA is lifting Friday. Can't wait.

People will probably be streaming it on Twitch.tv

Thats not a rumor, it was brought up in the blog.
    Signature not acceptable (e.g. to boring), read http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-...nt-signatures/ - Regards, Dudeman

NDA will be lifted in about 2 minutes. I'll be playing some Firefall soon if you want to check it out.

http://www.justin.tv/godlyinsane

So, for those in beta? Do you see this game building itself a successful niche in the MMO/FPS genre?

EDIT: Meant niche, not nice.
    Last edited by Tuqui-tuqui; 2012-04-06 at 03:18 PM.
    I'm still thinking about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Tuqui-tuqui View Post
    So, for those in beta? Do you see this game building itself a successful nice in the MMO/FPS genre?
    It's not bad. Not something I would commit a lot of time to though.

The NDA has lifted.

I've been playing Firefall since the very first wave of beta invites... and it's pretty damn great so far, in my opinion.

PvP is very fun, though needs quite a bit of balancing, which is to be expected, given the still-early stage of the beta. Recons, AKA snipers, are far too powerful in certain locations with too many sightlines, whereas Engineers are a bit too weak, especially compared to the burly Assaults and Dreadnaughts.

PvE is only scarcely there at the moment, but what little there is shows great promise, as it's... very addicting. Exploring the world and scanning for resources is very fun (even though as of right now, only part of the currently-available world is populated with enemies), and dropping large machines out of the sky called thumpers to gather them (and subsequently attract hoards of mobs) is extremely fun, if only because you are getting to essentially choose the locations for all of your battles. There aren't really many quests at all (approximately 6 as of this moment), but the currently-explorable world (which is only a fraction of what's eventually available) has tons of locations that are just waiting for things to be implemented.

And it really is true: jetpacks make everything better. Or jet boots, as the case may be.

For some reason the game refuses to install for me. I already checked in with support, non-helpful. The installer just quits midway with no explanation.

Kinda pissing me off. Was really looking forward to this game. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    For some reason the game refuses to install for me. I already checked in with support, non-helpful. The installer just quits midway with no explanation.

Kinda pissing me off. Was really looking forward to this game. :/
    Have you tried both the full installer and the streaming installer?

Looks interesting. Kinda excited for this. Which is weird since I don't like Planetside.

Screenshot inundation incoming, though I wonder if a new proper megathread thread should simply be made, given NDA lift and all. For reference, these are all taken while on my Assault battleframe.
    Excuse the occasional poor quality, as my PC isn't the mightiest of gaming machines around.

This is the currently explorable world... and it is quite large, all things considered. It's a hell of a trek from the beach to the far west edge. The border is called 'The Melding,' and the devs have said that our actions in-game will help push the Melding back, revealing more of the world gradually. For reference, there's a huge amount of purple melding area on the map beyond all of this.

Related to the map above, this is a visible portion of the beach area to the north and south of where I'm standing on the map there. You can clearly see the giant wall of the Melding, which moves and waves about on the horizon.

Gliding is buggy but awesome. You currently start a glide from jump pads around the world that launch you into the air so you can begin your controlled glide. No word on how we may be able to glide as was seen in one of the trailers where players leap off a cliff and go into glide mode.

Helping some players defend a Light Thumper, the larger of the two resource-collection machines we're currently able to drop. Nomenclature of 'tiny' and 'light' thumper clearly implies much bigger ones are yet to be implemented.

One of the random events that can happen around the world, a crashed Thumper that you can hurriedly strip for its parts before it's destroyed by the Chosen, the humanoid enemy in my crosshairs.

Explosions are pretty. Particle effects are looking quite nice without ever becoming too cluttered.
    Last edited by Herecius; 2012-04-06 at 04:05 PM.

Meh. If it doesn't have elves and magic, it's irrelevant.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good for a F2P. But what will we be buying with micro-transactions?

10+ Year Old Account
    I know its not exactly an informed opinion, but this game was shoved down my throat at PAX Prime last year due to their marketing campaign which dominated half of the main expo hall. That really turned me against Firefall and I doubt I'll even give it a look when it is released just based on that negative feeling.

Deleted
    Certainly sounds interesting, liking the look of the world in general which is a big seller for me. Shame I never got into the beta though, never seem to get into the beta for the games I'm most interested in.