Page 7 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    And my A's lost again I have a feeling this will be a year long trend but as a true fan I will watch them play. I really do hate being a farm team thou it's really not very fun and pisses me off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Davis clutch for the blue jays.. 5-3 in the 12th
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-04-07 at 08:14 PM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Indians have gone to extra innings... again... second game of the season, second overtime of the season... gonna be a long summer...

and now they're losing AGAIN, in extras, to the stupid Blue Jays of all teams...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

15+ Year Old Account
    Tigers came to play today. 5-0 in the fourth. Homers from Cabby, Fielder, and Avila. Fister left the game in the fourth with an injury though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbadxampl View Post
    Indians have gone to extra innings... again... second game of the season, second overtime of the season... gonna be a long summer...

and now they're losing AGAIN, in extras, to the stupid Blue Jays of all teams...

blue jays are a good team, they had a solid spring... cleveland has been terrible at the plate.. and been pretty crappy since 2008
    Last edited by Masqerader; 2012-04-07 at 10:04 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol 7-0 bottom of the 5th now. Cabby and Fielder with back to back HRs. Two each on the day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kabookiejoez View Post
    blue jays are a good team, they had a solid spring... cleveland has been terrible at the plate.. and been pretty crappy since 2008
    Yeah, off to a good start. Then again so were the Leafs :{

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Yeah, off to a good start. Then again so were the Leafs :{
    Yeah, except the Jays play 160 more games :P

10+ Year Old Account
    A's getting whooped on by the M's I guess I wasn't to mad when I saw that the M's had Hernandez pitching he's got to be one of the most under rated pitchers in baseball.

0-2 this season, Kuroda stunk the joint out last night and it was too little too late from the bats, although i guess when you're facing David Price you kinda expect to have a rough night, Rays have basically punished most of the mistake pitches over the series so far though.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

15+ Year Old Account
    Today's Tigers game was freaking insane. Up 4-0, down 7-4, down 10-7, tied 10-10, down 12-10 in the 12th, win 13-12 on a walk off Avila homer. Two walkoff wins and an absolute blowout the first weekend against a good team is a good way to start the year.

Quote Originally Posted by conscript View Post
    Today's Tigers game was freaking insane. Up 4-0, down 7-4, down 10-7, tied 10-10, down 12-10 in the 12th, win 13-12 on a walk off Avila homer. Two walkoff wins and an absolute blowout the first weekend against a good team is a good way to start the year.
    I was just talking to a Red Sox fan who seemed like she was about to jump off a building or burn down Fenway or something. She kind of calmed down when I pointed out that the Tigers might be the most dangerous team in the AL this year.

i'm sure the Sox fans will calm down right about the time you point to the fact they're in precisely the same position as the Yankees with the major difference of having scored some runs!

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    i'm sure the Sox fans will calm down right about the time you point to the fact they're in precisely the same position as the Yankees with the major difference of having scored some runs!
    Haha. My Twins are tied with the Yankees and Red Sox! I never get to say that! (Major caveat: the Twins were playing the O's, while the other two were playing potential division winners. /sadface).

15+ Year Old Account
    The Sox outscored the Yankees by all of two runs in the three game series to start the year. The Sox also gave up eight more runs though, not that either team was overly impressive. I love Sox fans just because of their overreactions to everything. Remember, the Red Sox also just lost all three games that their worthwhile starters started. Their four and five starters are terrible. Bard should be the closer but was made a starter because ownership got cheap, despite being the second most valuable franchise in American sports, and didn't go get a pitcher (despite clearing space on the team to do exactly that by getting rid of Scutaro their best SS not that Aviles didn't do great against the Tigers). Doubront is a complete wild card. He has started all of three games in the pros, all of those two years ago lol. Their season starts of brutally. Frankly I think the Jays are going to sweep them starting tomorrow or at least take the first two games and it is going to get real crazy in Beantown.

---------- Post added 2012-04-08 at 08:34 PM ----------

Cabrera is going to freaking slaughter people this year with Fielder behind him. First weekend he has 3 HR, 8 RBI, hitting .454. Fielder is right behind him hitting .417, 3 RBI, and 2 HR. If Porcello can continue to improve and Turner pitches well the Tigers are going to be unreal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ryan Braun is batting .333 1 hr and 1 RBI he doesn't seem to phased by the HGH story. Yoenis Cespedes so far was worth the money that the A's gave him 3 HR's .308 AVG and 7 RBI's is pretty good so far.

I've been on a couple of the Yankees blogs and it's all doom & gloom, fire Girardi, fire a rocket up Arod/Teixiera/Granderson's ass, tell CC to lose some weight - pretty impressive given it's only the third game of the season! Granted i'd have liked to have seen the Yankees take atleast 2 off the rays, but Hellickson pitched well last night, still a long way to go - got the O's next and well, no offense to any Baltimore fans, but they're there to make up the numbers in the AL East!

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 02:20 PM ----------

Just watched an ESPN program "Game 162" about the last night of the regular season last year and it reminded me of exactly how awesome a night that was for baseball, all the drama & twists of that night all over again just an insane night (granted for Braves & Red Sox fans painful - however even they will admit it was out of this world surely?!?) and watching some of the reactions just brings it home the amount of fun this game can bring. I'm from a football (European) background so 1 game shoot outs are not new to me, but that was the most enjoyable evening of sport i can remember, even being on the losing end of that Rays game i still consider it one of the most fascinating things i've seen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skarsguard View Post
    Ryan Braun is batting .333 1 hr and 1 RBI he doesn't seem to phased by the HGH story. Yoenis Cespedes so far was worth the money that the A's gave him 3 HR's .308 AVG and 7 RBI's is pretty good so far.
    Cespedes has been damn good so far and completely living up to the hype (through four games). It really is too bad he is playing for freaking Oakland rather than a real team. I wonder if the A's will open their checkbooks a little once they get their new stadium in San Jose if they do end up moving there in a few years. Probably not, but it would be interesting to see if they could become Rays West over time with their player building and slight free agent additions to compliment the farm players.

---------- Post added 2012-04-09 at 09:36 AM ----------

Just watched an ESPN program "Game 162" about the last night of the regular season last year and it reminded me of exactly how awesome a night that was for baseball, all the drama & twists of that night all over again just an insane night (granted for Braves & Red Sox fans painful - however even they will admit it was out of this world surely?!?) and watching some of the reactions just brings it home the amount of fun this game can bring. I'm from a football (European) background so 1 game shoot outs are not new to me, but that was the most enjoyable evening of sport i can remember, even being on the losing end of that Rays game i still consider it one of the most fascinating things i've seen.
    The Rays and Red Sox games to end last season were insane. Definitely up there with Bartman for the craziest thing I have ever seen in baseball. Anything that pisses off Boston fans is good with me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Blue Jays lost. Cancel the parade. Maybe next year :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Blue Jays lost. Cancel the parade. Maybe next year :P
    You guys had a good run.

Been watching/listening to the Fish and Phils at work and two things have occurred to me. One, I like the Marlins black jerseys alot. Somehow the stupid logo colors look pretty awesome on a black jersey. Two, the Phillies offense is fucking abysmal. I realize Howard and Uts are out, but yikes. I think they have scored 8 runs in 4 games. You aren't going to win many games like that even with Lee and Halladay pitching like crazy. Ask the M's how good pitching and no offense works.