Combat Rogues in MoP

Currently in Cataclysm, we see Combat Rogues essentially being forced to use a Dagger in their Off-Hand if they want to be/remain competitive due to the nature of the talent 'Combat Potency', which gives them a 20% chance to regain 5 energy (And of course with that in mind, the Daggers/fastest weapon works out to be winner), but so far in the MoP talent calculator it seems to be the case that this talent no longer really exists in any form.

The description for the Combat Spec describes it a "Swashbucker who uses agility and guile to stand toe-to-toe with enemies", and i've never really considered Swashbuckers/Pirates to be the sort to use daggers, so i'd really love it if Rogues could perhaps equip the weapons of their choice in this spec, such as a pair of swords or fist weapons, and still remain viable; and with that in mind i'm wondering if any Beta rogues have been able to put this to the test yet or try it out? Thanks in advance

Didn't they state that the slower weapon you use the more energy you get from the proc?

Just think I remember seeing this somewhere, don't have source or anything.

The talent still exists, but has a PPM-mechanic.

So slower weapons will have a higher chance to regen energy, balancing it out. Problem is: with a slower weapon in the offhand, your poison damage will be lower.

I estimate a 5% damage loss with slow/slow.

Look, here it is:
    http://i.imgur.com/d7pW5.png
    Last edited by Pope; 2012-04-09 at 08:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by iDot View Post
    Didn't they state that the slower weapon you use the more energy you get from the proc?

Just think I remember seeing this somewhere, don't have source or anything.
    I've usually been Assassination on my rogue and haven't really tried combat so much, but every combat rogue i've seen who's raiding and so on has had a Dagger on their OH so I presumed it was the default/usual

According to the official Talent Calculator on the Mists site:

Combat Potency (Passive):
    Gives your successful off-hand melee attacks and Main Gauche attacks a 20% chance to generate 15 Energy.

Once the servers are up, I'll check to make sure it's still in.

Edit:

While questing, I've never been offered a 1.4 speed dagger. I've only done two quests which offered ilvl 404 weapons. Both were a choice between a 2.6 mace and 1.8 dagger.
    Last edited by Jeina; 2012-04-09 at 08:47 PM.

The official Talent Calculator is pretty much crap.
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    The talent still exists, but has a PPM-mechanic.

So slower weapons will have a higher chance to regen energy, balancing it out. Problem is: with a slower weapon in the offhand, your poison damage will be lower.

I estimate a 5% damage loss with slow/slow.

Look, here it is:
    Unless they changed something and I missed it, I thought Rogues could only use 1 dps poison and 1 utility poison in MoP?

Quote Originally Posted by RG7620 View Post
    Unless they changed something and I missed it, I thought Rogues could only use 1 dps poison and 1 utility poison in MoP?
    Yes, but poisons are personal buffs now, and they proc of both weapons. And since DP is still %-based, it favors fast weapons.

We discussed it in this thread http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...will-you-Level