Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    My PC specs

Motherboard: FOXCONN A74ML-K (Socket 940)
    CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
    GPU: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
    RAM: 4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 366MHz
    Hard Drive: 977GB Hitachi ATA Device (SATA)
    Screen: Samsung Syncmaster B2030 (1600x900)

I always run WoW on medium preset, and run with 30-40 fps on 10mans, and 5-10 fps on 25mans, (for 25s i switch it to low).

The thing is that the System Requirements Lab said that i meet the minimum requirements, but here is my problem.
    They also said i had "recommended" settings for Rift, and i downloaded the free trial, and i cant run Rift on anything higher than Low.

So, my questions are:

1. Will my pc be able to run gw2 at least on low without lagging to death?
    2. Im buying a new super pc around December, but could you recommend me the best value upgrade for my current shitty pc?
    by that i mean, the upgrade that will make my games (GW2, Rift, WoW, etc) run better than now, with the less amount of money investment.

Thank you in advance ;P
    Last edited by Antherios; 2012-04-11 at 12:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Antherios View Post
    2. Im buying a new super pc around December, but could you recommend me the best value upgrade for my current shitty pc?
    by that i mean, the upgrade that will make my games (GW2, Rift, WoW, etc) run better than now, with the less amount of money investment.

Thank you in advance ;P
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/3...d-Upgrade-Help is a better place to ask, and don't ask NOW what you should build in december.
    Hardware prices change quickly, you will get a better system for 600$ in december than you would get for 600$ now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/forums/3...d-Upgrade-Help is a better place to ask, and don't ask NOW what you should build in december.
    Hardware prices change quickly, you will get a better system for 600$ in december than you would get for 600$ now.
    Nah, um, im not asking about my rig in december, im asking about my current one.

Im saving everything i can so that i can get a monster rig for black friday hopefully, but , right now i can spare some $ on a small upgrade for my current pc, if it would help to improve some performance at GW2. Since ill be using this shitty PC untill november/december.

Nah, um, im not asking about my rig in december, im asking about my current one.

Im saving everything i can so that i can get a monster rig for black friday hopefully, but , right now i can spare some $ on a small upgrade for my current pc, if it would help to improve some performance at GW2. Since ill be using this shitty PC untill november/december.
    Oh, I re-read what you put.
    You're still more likely to get informed advice in the build help, however.

10+ Year Old Account
    AMD Phenom II 1080 x6 3.6ghz

8GBs of 1666 Mhz Ram

AMD radeon HD 6970x2 in crossfire.

So assuming that GW2 will have proper crossfire support i should be able to run max settings, well on 1 monitor atleast, probably not in Eyefinity.
    |Asus Sabertooth 990FX|AMD Phenom II 1090T 4.2Ghz x6|XFX R7970 Black Edition|Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz 8gb|Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling|

Quote Originally Posted by Quanille View Post
    AMD Phenom II 1080 x6 3.6ghz

8GBs of 1666 Mhz Ram

AMD radeon HD 6970x2 in crossfire.

So assuming that GW2 will have proper crossfire support i should be able to run max settings, well on 1 monitor atleast, probably not in Eyefinity.
    Eyefinity works perfectly fine in GW2, a friend was using it in the beta. (Yes, a friend, not 'a friend'. I didn't get into the beta, and I only use one monitor.)
    Unless you are saying you don't think you'll be able to run it well in eyefinity, in which case you can ignore this reply. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Eyefinity works perfectly fine in GW2, a friend was using it in the beta. (Yes, a friend, not 'a friend'. I didn't get into the beta, and I only use one monitor.)
    Unless you are saying you don't think you'll be able to run it well in eyefinity, in which case you can ignore this reply. :P
    What i meant was that i will be able to run max settings on 1 monitor assuming crossfire works, but i'm unsure how well my system will handle GW2 spanned over 3 monitors with a resolution of 5760x1080 :P
    |Asus Sabertooth 990FX|AMD Phenom II 1090T 4.2Ghz x6|XFX R7970 Black Edition|Kingston HyperX 1600Mhz 8gb|Corsair H60 Liquid Cooling|

Im buying a new super pc around December, but could you recommend me the best value upgrade for my current shitty pc?
    I hope I won't upset by giving my honest opinion, but money spent now to upgrade a rig that won't live more than 8-9 months before being fully replaced is truly a waste of money indeed, and it's my humblest opinion that you should save aside any such intended money and add it to the available funds for the replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Quanille View Post
    What i meant was that i will be able to run max settings on 1 monitor assuming crossfire works, but i'm unsure how well my system will handle GW2 spanned over 3 monitors with a resolution of 5760x1080 :P
    Ahh, I see.
    Just checking. The friend I mentioned is one of those 'if it doesn't support eyefinity, it's not a real PC game' people,
    so he refuses to touch tribes because he thinks the developer is lazy yet plays BF3 (with no voice chat, still. >.>) and MW3 (... HAH.)
    Anyways, yeah, just figured I'd let you know that GW2 does support eyefinity in case that was something you were wondering about. But if you just didn't think it would run WELL in eyefinity, that's understandable to. xD

Deleted
    Ahh, I see.
    Just checking. The friend I mentioned is one of those 'if it doesn't support eyefinity, it's not a real PC game' people,
    so he refuses to touch tribes because he thinks the developer is lazy yet plays BF3 (with no voice chat, still. >.>) and MW3 (... HAH.)
    Anyways, yeah, just figured I'd let you know that GW2 does support eyefinity in case that was something you were wondering about. But if you just didn't think it would run WELL in eyefinity, that's understandable to. xD
    Due to working I can't double check that these videos are what they say they are, but...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N_q4-sC3v4
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWhqBuCT6Gc

There's also this picture on the ArenaNet Flickr.

Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    Due to working I can't double check that these videos are what they say they are, but...

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5N_q4-sC3v4
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWhqBuCT6Gc

There's also this picture on the ArenaNet Flickr.
    Wut? As I said, I don't use eyefinity, but I know GW2 supports eyefinity.
    WHY YOU LINKIN ME VIDEOS.

Deleted
    Wut? As I said, I don't use eyefinity, but I know GW2 supports eyefinity.
    WHY YOU LINKIN ME VIDEOS.
    Just backing you up with footage, is all. Info with source > info.

Just backing you up with footage, is all. Info with source > info.
    Hey man, my source is a friend who played the beta for 3 levels right at the end of the weekend.
    My source is legit.

Deleted
    Im terrible with computers so i hope u guys can help me

Windows 7 Proffesional
    4GB RAM
    Sapphire radeaon HD 6900 - series ( 6970 6980 cant rember )
    Directx 11
    AMD Phenom || X4 965 proccesor (4CPUs), - 3,4GHZ

+ Does anyone have a clue why my computer sounds VERY VERY loud when im playing games bf3,wow etc?. i have 5 fans, but they are fans that makes no sounds..

Thanks
    /swiftdreamzamv

Quote Originally Posted by SwiftdreamzAMV View Post
    Im terrible with computers so i hope u guys can help me

Windows 7 Proffesional
    4GB RAM
    Sapphire radeaon HD 6900 - series ( 6970 6980 cant rember )
    Directx 11
    AMD Phenom || X4 965 proccesor (4CPUs), - 3,4GHZ

+ Does anyone have a clue why my computer sounds VERY VERY loud when im playing games bf3,wow etc?. i have 5 fans, but they are fans that makes no sounds..

Thanks
    /swiftdreamzamv
    Probably your GPU fan kicking it into high gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezeria View Post
    Probably your GPU fan kicking it into high gear.

uhm is the GPU fan the little black one sitting on the wall inside my computer?, or is it those two below(on it) my graphic card, and how can i fix this problem?

@SwiftdreamzAMV

Maybe turn down your volume :P ? Sounds like it's your processor and/or video card fans. I've heard reports of video cards whose fans make a lot of noise when they're working hard, specifically iin the early releases of the 6900s series. Try disabling all your other fans (if you know how to open your case and do so) aside from your processor and video card fans (which you can't really disable nowadays anyway) and determine if the noise is coming from them.

------------------------------------------------

Core 2 DUO 2.0GHz
    GeForce 8600M GT
    3.5GB RAM @ 667MHz
    5400RPM HD
    1024x1028 19'' screen

Anyone know if i can run at low with decent FPS?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SwiftdreamzAMV View Post
    uhm is the GPU fan the little black one sitting on the wall inside my computer?, or is it those two below(on it) my graphic card, and how can i fix this problem?
    The GPU (graphics processor unit) fan is mounted on your graphics card.

Deleted
    allright thanks will do that, but im sure its the graphic card fans or the proccesor, anyways is there a way to reduce the speed of the fan? of proccesor and the graphic card not my regular ones?.

+ i wanna try to put my finger in the fan and see if it its that one can the fan break or something?

The GPU (graphics processor unit) fan is mounted on your graphics card.
    The only time my GPU gets loud is when I turn off vsync in games with cutscenes with no FPS cap and my FPS jumps to like 8,000.
    .. I've started using vsync in those games, I don't like the sound.