Poll: What raid boss did you hate the most?

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    hate sindragosa, but only for the idiotic achievement!!

Ummm...nobody said Twin Emperors or M'uru?????

I never really played Vanilla, so I can't comment, though I did run ZG a couple times and those fights are annoying.

Quick recap from what I know (and remember...) and the ones that other's have not mentioned.

ZA (raid) - Zul'jin - for some reason people didn't understand the mechanics of it...like seriously? It's not like we haven't fought bosses throughout the raid that mimic the final boss right?

Kara - Shade of Aran - "OK guys, DO NOT MOVE DURING FLAME CIRCLE" (or whatever the hell it was called) --> Derpherp moves --> dies --> /facepalm

BT - Supremus - Stepping on the mini volcanoes do not grant a buff...k?
    - Mother Sharaz - Shadow Resist gear...ugh....

SSC - I loved leothrias the blind only cause I was able to tank it (lock), other than that my guild hated it.

TK - High Astromancer Solarian, maybe it was cause I had a shitty PC that caused me to go all apfjsiaejfiopasejfiopsaenfpasenf when she targeted me and my fps dropped to 0...thank God that doesn't happen now!
    - Loot Reaver - people failed so hard on that crap..not sure how.

Naxx - Grobbulus / Gluth - rather, the whole damn plague ward. That shit was rough with people not understanding mechanics.

Ulduar - Yogg - While I loved the fight, again, penalizing mechanics (I mean most mechanics are, this one was rough imo), too many adds with too much smoke. Not getting to the brain in time...etc

TOC - I liked faction champs, I hated Northrend Beasts mainly cause that slam with that yetti dude would mess people up and wanted me to tear my hair out on heroic.

ICC - I will say, I did NOT like sindy, besides her "nails on chalkboard" voice, the fight itself was irritating. Can't imagine it on heroic but as a caster that fight made me gquit my guild.

BOT - someone mentioned those drakes, ya i hate them, one wrong step and BOOM bye bye, not to mention that breath attack seemed to always go to the area our guild was and not where we stacked.

DS - Spine/Madness/Yor/Ultrax - Mainly for the monotony of the first 3 and sheer boredom but also due to buggy mechanics. I hate "waiting" in boss fights, seems too counterproductive. I am also sick of getting meleed by ultrax, I know I should watch for fading light taunt but if I am rolling...bah!

Easily Madness, not because it's generally THAT bad, but because it butchered one of Blizzard's best characters, or atleast he was before Cataclysm.

Ignoring lore and hype-factors I'd have to say Ultraxion or Yor'shaj then, they're both too long strecthed out for their own good and are generally just boring.

No matter what Dragon Soul takes the cake for the worst raid experience I've had, all of the bosses in there are atleast 10 times worse than anything I've ever tried else, and that says a lot when ToC have been on the table before.

Deleted
    Sindragosa HC for me and most of my guildies - the first part was just boring and took way too long, then the second part people would bugger up by standing in the group with ice tomb and you had to do it all over again. Combine that with hearing the FOOOOLLLLSSSS BETRAAAAYYSSS YOUUUUUUU every single time and it really drove us up the wall.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostinferno View Post
    ICC Gunship. No matter how geared you get, it's still a 6 minute long fight that is the epitome of boring. It's so awfully designed it hurts.
    I'm pretty sure it didn't take 6 minutes last night. Can be wrong though...

Quote Originally Posted by Callypso View Post
    Brutallus please.

As a healer, this is one of the only fights that still wants to make me scream when thinking about it.

Having 4-5 healers focussing eachother to time their casts so they land 0.2-0.3s after eachother, and STILL having tanks die from instagibs.... not cool.
    I have to agree with this one. Even though I was the Ret Pally on this fight, but man... Healers and tanks were screaming their lungs out with rage every single wipe. M'uru caused alot of hate aswell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Faction champs worst ever no contest

No Razorgore? No Professor Putricide? What kind of poll is this?

Quote Originally Posted by Teremett View Post
    I thought it should have been a fun fight, but the other people in my guild couldn't wrap their heads around faction champs. It was one of the few fights I ever had to go enhancement instead of my usual resto shaman because we simply couldn't get other people to focus down the healers and interrupt at the same time.
    I BG with your guildmates a lot.

Heroic rhyolith and spine hands down

15+ Year Old Account
    Reliquary of Souls. I was on interrupt duty with 300 ms. I always dreaded getting to that boss.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

I'm going with Teron Gorefiend, I always found it so annoying that your success was so dependant on the right or wrong people getting Shadow of Death.
    And for nostalgia sake, I'll just add the simulator!

Deleted
    Faction champs was sooo boring.... specially when peeps started falling asleep, dying, and we had to ~15 man it....gahhhhhh

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to give my vote for Spine HC. Long, boring... if you wipe just before you beat the encounter is really frustrating.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grayscale-warfare View Post
    Ummm...nobody said Twin Emperors or M'uru?????
    I never had full experience via M'uru myself personally, However Twin Emps wasn't truly bad compared to lets say Princcess Huhuran or even C'thun himself

Quote Originally Posted by Molag161 View Post
    This question is easy. Spine of Deathwing.

This fight is so bad I am still flabbergasted that Blizzard can honestly say they liked the way the fight turned out and it was a great design. I could rant for days about how it was a piss poor ending for Cataclysm but just to stay on topic I'll save it for another time. I don't know whats going on at Blizzard HQ but it's like the creative juices completely stopped flowing when it came time to design Dragon Soul.
    Spine feels NOTHING like flying on the back of a dragon. I think whoever said the result of that fight was great was actually in denial. It feels more like you are in a room with 4 holes in the ground where ooze keeps coming out, and if you stack in one side of the room a gust comes and takes you away.

Still, Spine felt better than Madness. A 15 minutes fight that repeats itself 4 times in a row is just poor development in my opinion. And you really don´t get the feel that you are fighting Deathwing, You can barely see him in the horizon.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelle View Post
    I have to give my vote for Spine HC. Long, boring... if you wipe just before you beat the encounter is really frustrating.
    It's a trash pack that's super long, Amazing huh? WONDERFUL DESIGN BLIZZARD ~Rolls eyes~

10+ Year Old Account
    Its a toss up between Archimonde, Illidan and Gorefiend for BC. Stupid little mistakes could wipe you on these fights and it was annoying wiping on "farm" bosses. I loved these fights too(espically Archie), I just hated being grouped with derps that couldn't hit tears, kill ghosts, or got sheared and blamed the healers, or made the fire eles from the twin blades enrage or die in the eye beam fire or fail at parasites cause laying traps and frost nova was hard.

Oh, I also hated what little of SW I did before I quit from wiping on bosses for 4 hours a night (raided 5 nights a week) for 3 months. We had a paladin that liked to drop portals on us during the first fight and no one liked to actually go into the portals when their debuff got too high, especially the tanks -.- and then, no one knowing how to run to their spot when they got the burn debuff on Brutallus and then the tanks and healers yelling at each other because of the insta gibs. I HATED healing that fight.

I didn't raid much in LK, but I didn't like Faction Champs.
    Last edited by Glittercide; 2012-04-11 at 02:32 PM.

sindragosa.
    the voice.
    the ice blocks
    the complexity.

god damnit i hated that boss

oh and madness in close second. long, incredibly boring, and fucking repetitive as shit.
    if you go into lfr its basically a tank and spank

yeah what an awesome fucking fight!....not