10+ Year Old Account

[Music] New B side\demo from Pantera

Fans will know this newly released b-side\demo just dropped in anticipation for the Vulgar Display of Power 10 year anniversary album. However I'm reading alot of negativity towards the use of the riff in the demo that we knew to come and love as "Use of my 3rd arm" from Far Beyond Driven. Man so much goodness came from these vulgar sessions. The track in my eyes is a "demo" Use of my 3rd arm is 1 of my all time faves and not for a second do I disprove cause I understand how tracks are put together over years of playing the same riffs in jam sessions and shit.

Dont get me wrong I was a little bit pissed that it wasnt all fresh tunes but to hear some new Dimebag lead goodness it all makes it worth while, I'm wondering what do all you other Pantera fans think? Those of you that are like me atleast 35 and have been fans from the get go (forget the glam rock pre Phil era, none the less that was the roots of the band) Im really happy to hear some new shit even though its a b side from a track that was re tuned and re recorded and released 2 years after they "might" have put it on Vulgar.

Heres the track enjoy ! \m/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ej6JJ59jibI
    Last edited by RedV; 2012-04-12 at 10:55 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I'm with you on that, about your age too. Been following Pantera since Cowboys from Hell, and after Dimebag's death I was pretty sure that Pantera was done for, and haven't really been following them that much anymore. Gonna check out the Youtube link, thanks!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeh I was 10 (32 now) when Cowboys came out was raised with metal not saying I knew what metal was but with it all around me Pantera stuck to me by the age of 12 vulgar was released and I just went off it was when I knew I was a Pantera through and through. Hope you like the track!

10+ Year Old Account
    The track was great, too bad there's some old riffs in it, but overall I really liked it. Good old Pantera. Such a sad state of affairs that some idiot so called 'fan' had to kill Dimebag on stage. I started metal with Savatage - Halls of the Mountain King. That album just totally hooked me. From there on I explored all sorts of metal genres and generally like almost everything apart from Death Metal.

Yay this brought me back.

hmm on a side note, Isn't sepultura on tour this year too?
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.

Being 30 I miss this kind of metal. The metal today just doesn't touch it.

I got to see this band in 1998, people younger than me probably never got the chance sadly.

RedV you own, I didnt know about this being released.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hear you bro I was too young for the FBD tour but caught the Trendkill tour (im in Australia and was 16) in 1996. Groove metal just isnt the same, nor has it had a band to really carry the torch (Drowning Pool was a clear advocate and need we remind each other of Dave Williams awesome ability? but to pass on so early? god damn!. Then, Hell Yeah! and since Dimes death like I said shit just is not the same. Thats a another question has Dimes death killed 'Groove Metal'? a genre that is the last of the toughness imo. The genuine article, the real badass.

---------- Post added 2012-04-12 at 10:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by moogogaipan View Post
    Yay this brought me back.

hmm on a side note, Isn't sepultura on tour this year too?
    I just caught Cavalera Conspiracy 2 months ago, can't say the same for Sep shows in Australia. I would know about it. *tabbed out* nah no aussie shows confirmed for 2012 thus far.

I thought Lamb of God was carrying the Groove Metal torch on? I guess some will deny it because of the vocals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kliffharry View Post
    I thought Lamb of God was carrying the Groove Metal torch on? I guess some will deny it because of the vocals.
    No man, no way. Lamb of god are indeed groove, vocals? i'm missing your point? Guess if we go wayyy back to the for father of groove metal "Bad Brains" are king. and that shit is way before my time but it is far from where Pantera stamped authority. Look lets not start an argument on where when and who... Just acknowledge Pantera are the bench mark of groove, thats all. Some say Trivium are the recent incarnation? Lamb of God are super old school with thrash\death? Soulfly came around the same time, Sevendust is in the mix as is Corrosion of Conformity and Down. Lets not forget Coal Chamber that went live in 1993 in its earliest form.

Shit just gets real with Pantera the whole package. Vocals, Dimes lead, Vinnies beats and Rex's groove bass. Its hard to improve on perfect and thats what Pantera is in regards to groove metal, all others have a hardline to get up to it and some say none will reach it.