Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Simple Solutions for the World PvP Problem.

First of All: Why World PvP?

World PvP is a casual form of PvP that requires no dedication. It is Non-Objective and Free Roaming, perfect for people who wants to have some quick fun.

Where Blizzard has Gone Wrong:

One of Blizzards biggest mistake in attempting to create world PvP is not being able to define and satisfy peoples crave for World PvP. In a lot of attempts they have tried to create forms of World PvP that is tasking and requires dedication and the rewards are not even worth the dedication (Venture Bay) and others that are just difficult and tasking because of the large size of area they need to explore to find an enemy (Icecrown Daily Quest)

Blizzard has forgotten that people like to do World PvP for spontaneous fun to satisfy themselves out of the boringness of mundane task (daily quest, farming, etc).

My Suggestion:

Since now we know more about World PvP, I want to give my example of a healthy solution.

World PvP is Spontaneous fun to entertain you from your boring mundane routines such as daily quest, which are things you do on your downtime when you’re not raiding or in competitive PvP. It is a good alternative to having to go to a battleground if you feel the itch to PvP but doesn’t feel like staying in the whole game, which in return the Devs shorten the duration of battlegrounds instead and make them feel more grindy. World PvP to many WoW players is a form of fun that gives unique and exciting experiences, which is disappearing from WoW gradually as the games starts becoming predetermined.

So heres my model:

PvP Hotspot System:

-World PvP Hot Spots to be included in remote areas around azeroth

-These Hotspots are mere Control Points

-A new option should be added to be only be able to PvP with people within 20 range of your level.

-Control of Hotspots give minor boost to controlling faction such as improved gathering speed, increase in resources collected from gathering, boost resistance and offense against NPC monsters

-There will be Daily quest in the area

-There will be main gathering points in the area, including archaeology sites

-There will be (new and improved)World events in the area such as fishing contest, races, pet tournaments, King of the Hill Contest, World Bosses and Gurubashi arena like contest. They will be there to keep the world alive and populated.

-There will also be a wanted list where players can add players that has recently killed them to ask for retribution and to keep the system going

-Players who killed a wanted player will be rewarded with a bounty of gold varying on how much the wanted player has killed

-Bounties also give Honor reward also varying on how much your wanted player has killed.

-Wanted List can be seen in all major Cities in Billboards.

-Players who are part of the wanted list will be embedded with an insignia, which players who kill them can loot and return for a reward.

-There will be 3-5 of these Hot Spots in each continents including Northrend and Outlands if possible.

-Actual Development of the System actually just require, a flag on the ground and the mechanics to make it shine blue or red.

Part 2: Reconnecting the World

Now that we've seen the system. I will show it's potential to spread in the World and how it will essentially 'recreate' or even finally create World PvP.

"such is the power of a few capture points and a few quest"

I would like it if someone can post this link for Blizz in the forums because I actually don’t have an account anymore, thank you.

Also: Finally there will be a use for /Worlddefense
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2012-04-14 at 09:10 PM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

Deleted
    There's no world pvp because the game mechanics aren't built around it, and never will. Just accept that it's not going to happen and find a game with an emphasis on it. WoW is about instanced pvp and instanced dungeons, anything else is just time filler.

Quote Originally Posted by aersekicker View Post
    There's no world pvp because the game mechanics aren't built around it, and never will. Just accept that it's not going to happen and find a game with an emphasis on it. WoW is about instanced pvp and instanced dungeons, anything else is just time filler.
    I see no reason to be so limited on what already exist on the game. What is the point of expansions and patches and even game designers and game developers and better yet fans who yearns for their desires if their not gonna improve the game. I think it must be a pretty shitty company if they have no interest in making the game better and to satisfy and to impress their fans and themselves.

Also, the mechanics does exist. It's called quest, hellfire fortification and professions. And wern't you paying attention to the thread? Yeah it is a time filler, for a game that's becoming dull.
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2012-04-13 at 05:39 AM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

I love the idea, the reason I loved Vanilla so much was for world pvp and when blizzard implemented flying mounts and beefed up guard hp and dmg they officially destroyed it.

And NO Tol'barad is not world pvp.. its poor zone pvp.

Think for a moment back when STV was one of the world PVP hotspots for basically levels 20-60 (and throughout BC too...). Was there any incentive there? No. Was it soe of the best WoW ever? Hands down.

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs View Post
    -Actual Development of the System actually just require, a flag on the ground and the mechanics to make it shine blue or red.
    I agree with everything you said, except for that, since development time for a "wanted poster" system does in fact require time, and this new system will require actual development time and QA testing. regardless, the problem I see in this system is the fact that open world pvp will cause a lot of lowbies ganking, which makes new players quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like for world pvp you need 2 things; accessibility and motivation. If you can solve these about any world pvp is possible the real killer is just the lack of why do something when you can queue for BGs while AH droning. I don't think giving specific rewards like leveling trinkets or a few items would get people to do things you need end level perks or rewards. I would say either a special type of pvp currency only obtained in the world (anywhere) but have areas where there is a buff that saw gives you 2x that amount to promote people to go there or make the honor per kill much higher then bgs say 3-4x you would get off one bg kill. Accessibility is another issues with location, old world areas can really bug people they have been there and done that and don't want to backtrack to areas where the only thing worth the time would be to pvp. So you would probably want it in new expansion zones just because people don't have to go out of their way to have 'quick and easy fun'.

Quote Originally Posted by scottydem View Post
    Think for a moment back when STV was one of the world PVP hotspots for basically levels 20-60 (and throughout BC too...). Was there any incentive there? No. Was it soe of the best WoW ever? Hands down.
    This is Why they are in Remote Areas, like Mountain Ranges, Coast or High Level Areas. Besides we shouldn't pussy out on something that can be fixed with simple solutions. Hey! How about if the option to PvP with only people 20 levels of your range? Genius Eh? I wonder why blizzard can't think of that. Maybe even 15 levels, 10 if that extreme!

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 05:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yigaltheking View Post
    I agree with everything you said, except for that, since development time for a "wanted poster" system does in fact require time, and this new system will require actual development time and QA testing. regardless, the problem I see in this system is the fact that open world pvp will cause a lot of lowbies ganking, which makes new players quit.
    Just like I said to the top earlier. Plus that's what expansions and patches are for, time and development. I chose to make this post because were in the Beta phase of mop which is time and development phase. Plus It can't be that hard, If you can /who to see all people why can't they manipulate that system.

Plus their creating an entirely new Mmo, are they so greedy that they can't share any new technologies for WoW?
    Last edited by Sauredfangs; 2012-04-13 at 06:00 AM.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to burst that fond memory but STV had one of the hugest level gaps for a zone so it was easily a matter of ganking enough people until they got their high level characters to counter gank.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Not to burst that fond memory but STV had one of the hugest level gaps for a zone so it was easily a matter of ganking enough people until they got their high level characters to counter gank.
    Which is world PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    I don't think giving specific rewards like leveling trinkets or a few items would get people to do things you need end level perks or rewards. I would say either a special type of pvp currency only obtained in the world
    I don't really think reward is the biggest issue with world PvP because world pvp is a rather undedicated form of gameplay. The only reward people should get from World PvP if they do something that is a Perk of Strenght, like achievements that involves killing 60 bounties in one hour, or killing 120 people in different areas of the world within an hour, and those would get mounts, titles, or armor models. Other than that just gold and honor, like really you can't expect more reward from world pvp.

---------- Post added 2012-04-13 at 06:08 AM ----------

Which is world PVP.
    Which is a Subject to Change.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

World PVP is fine if we can get it to happen spontaneously in the high level zone.

I don't really see the "fun" in one shotting someone 30 levels below you and then camp their corpse until they log out or counter gank you with a geared/level character.

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    World PVP is fine if we can get it to happen spontaneously in the high level zone.

I don't really see the "fun" in one shotting someone 30 levels below you and then camp their corpse until they log out or counter gank you with a geared/level character.
    shouldn't be able to in this system.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    This. A thousand times this! This so-called world PvP some people look back at so fondly was nothing short of harassment.

shouldn't be able to in this system.
    Yeah, I wasn't really talking about your system, but the people that seem to have nostalgic remarks about ganking people in STV

PvP in this game is dumb and dead. It's FotM + Gear. You'll never bring back World PvP while the entire rest of the PvP "game" is based around those two retarded ass themes.

Quote Originally Posted by Prag View Post
    PvP in this game is dumb and dead. It's FotM + Gear. You'll never bring back World PvP while the entire rest of the PvP "game" is based around those two retarded ass themes.
    Pal, with that attitude this game is bound to die.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

Pal, with that attitude this game is bound to die.
    The World PvP side of this game has been dead for a long, long time. There are no rewards for going out and pvping in the world. They've made a game and playerbase that needs a reward to do anything, and even then they can't give a good enough reward to get you out of Org/Stormwind.

I don't want it to die. I'd love to see Arenas and whatnot go the way of the dodo. Won't happen though. Arena Pass is up, though!

15+ Year Old Account
    remove BGs and Arenas

Marvel at the "resurgence of World PvP"
    Theron/Bloodwatcher 2013!

Quote Originally Posted by Alsompr View Post
    Teasing, misdirection. It's the opposite of a spoiler. People expect one thing? BAM! Another thing happens.

I'm like M. Night fucking Shamylan.

No no no no nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo OP. We do not need outdoor BGs for christ sake plz. Every single person that provides ideas like this clearly clearly did not play in the glory days of vanilla where real world pvp began, or doesnt remember fighting in and around opposition bases in BC with gaurds that didn't 1 shot u, or hodir in wrath when shoulder enchants where not BoA and forced people and all their alts out of dalaran.
    For christ sake the OP's stale idea will end up just as pointless and frivilous as the stupid EPL capture points. There should be absolutly none of this capture the flag or hold the node BS. If people want to do that they can join a BG. Its fair enough if you wan to have 1 zone with a halaa or TB/WG sort of thing going on but the majority of world pvp should occur where people are not necassarily wanting to PvP. World PvP should have one purpose which is to kill opposition players and use the whole world as your arena. It wont always be fair but thats the point it will at least always be different. There needs to be more FORCED quest zones to bring people out. Make shoulder and head enchants non BoA and only obtainable through doing daily quests grinds thereby forcing EVERYONE to get out and do them. Then when non pvpers get ganked they cry and set off a chain reaction calling people over to them and starting big battles. Secondly there should be rewards for killing players and/or grinding quests in outdoor areas and they should be substational rewards that still stay relevant when patches come and go. That is how it should be.
    Last edited by Woodgela; 2012-04-13 at 06:34 AM.