Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    We had millions of threads complaining about kung-fu-pandas in wow.
    You hear me? COMPLAINING!!!

And you get to the weird conclusion that i may attract people???

Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    you know China will be playing.. every billion household will probably have a sub to be a Panda
    So... if they made an eagle race, every american would play? I don't know how MoP will do, but I highly doubt the Pet Battles and the pandaren will be the main reasons why people will play this expansion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    I don't understand why you wrote out your paragraph like that O.o ..and no wow will never break 10 mil subs again especially not with cutesy gimmicks .
    Nonsense. Wrath of the Lich King massively over inflated World of Warcraft, and Cataclysm to me has a good number of players. I think that Mists of Pandaria will see 12 Million + subscribers.

I smell fanboy/troll. Your all acting like 10 million is nothing. It's ALLOT. There wont be another mmo like WoW in a loooong time. WoW has more subscribers at the moment than any other mmorpg combined. You should be on their forums trolling and whining about numbers, not on WoW forums. WoW never dropped under 10 mill subs(which in my eyes is VERY impressing) and it wont in a very long time, so stop worrying. It's still over 10 million active subscribers, which in my eyes is in insane. And if you think MoP will flop and make more people quit. Your wrong. MoP is a breath of fresh air with tons of freshness. Look at the flop they call swtor. How long did they manage to keep their subscribers attention? 3-4 months? and at 1.7 mill subsribers(and dropping at a very rapid rate) i smell F2P in a few months. But this is ofcourse not on-topic. But i'm just saying.

Deleted
    all i can see with 20+ mill subs is, more stuff on AH that i can milk :P

Deleted
    All I saw in this thread was people still crying about Pandaren (atleast try to write it right, it's not Panda, it's Pandaren) and that Pokémon equals to Pet Battles, maybe it's much alike, but it's still not Pokémon, so deal with it.

Even to this day, no one has ever asked you to stay and whine about the game, if you don't like it, don't play it. The internet couldn't give a flying F if you stop playing, we just don't care.

Deleted
    wow already broke ALL mmo records and still holds them nothing to do there.

and why did you unsub because of pandas? u noticed the walking cows and laser-owls and the alien-things with the spaceship on live, yes?
    pandas acutally are a more serious approach, if you played beta which is, i think, what you want. you should try that =)

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    and in 1 second of reading that article it shows you how much you're deliberately trying to hide the facts...

...yeah, your article? it's talking ABOUT SALES IN JAPAN!

Can you please tell me how well WoW is doing in Japan? Oh yeah, that's right - you can't. Why? It was NEVER released there...

Now Mr. Bean - could you be so kind as to point to AMERICAN sales of Pokemon perhaps? You know... an audience within a country where the OP's topic would actually APPLY?

The point is... it doesn't matter how damn popular Pokemon is in Japan if that audience is NEVER going to play World of Warcraft.
    Can you explain to me why when I went into many tokyo games stores I could buy box sets for wow? talk less rubbish! People in japan do play wow it may not be as popular as it is in europe or the US but please dont lie.

anyways back onto topic. I for one will love the pet battle system it will give me something to do that is fun (its being made by the UI team who have a fair bit of free time so im told!) I for one cannot wait.

Quote Originally Posted by ripponesan View Post
    We had millions of threads complaining about kung-fu-pandas in wow.
    You hear me? COMPLAINING!!!

And you get to the weird conclusion that i may attract people???
    His conclusion is "weird" yet you in this exact same thought process somehow conclude there was "millions of threads complaining about pandas" Where the fuck did you get THAT conclusion, exactly? If it's more than ten threads it's in the millions? Seriously.
    Also his post is mostly about the "Pokemon" battles, and how that will be a HUGE draw to potential players.
    So again, I ask. Where did you get THAT conclusion, exactly?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lios View Post
    An empty line is not a substitute for a period. Please learn to use paragraphs and punctuation. This reads horribly.
    It was certainly more interesting to read than your hateful, self-righteous comment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Edit: PVE Scenarios looks to be a pretty big one actually for getting people out into the world again.
    Well, actually, it doesn't, because you can just queue for those from anywhere in the world, just as with dungeons. They moved away from the idea of having to go out in the world to do scenarios a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by rafiki View Post
    It was certainly more interesting to read than your hateful, self-righteous comment.
    You have a very strange perception of hate. I also had to look up what the alternative meanings of self-righteous could be, because that seems out of place too, and it still does. I'm not sorry for correcting people's awful grammar, which I didn't even do in a hateful way. I don't mind the occasional error in language, as not everyone is English (me included), but come on, I can't say enters aren't the same as periods? Please...
    Last edited by mmoc44e5154f48; 2012-04-13 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cherb View Post
    Disney isn't a franchise, it's a company. Mickey Mouse is a franchise, owned by Disney.
    I thought Disney was owned by Mickey Mouse

10+ Year Old Account
    I think WOW has already passed its peak, so not 20 million.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

Deleted
    It's not pokemon, it's pet battle

Quote Originally Posted by Elite Peon View Post
    I don't understand why you wrote out your paragraph like that O.o ..and no wow will never break 10 mil subs again especially not with cutesy gimmicks .
    As if gnomes and goblins aren't cutesy. Stop pretending this game was ever this super serious adult grimdark game. It wasn't.

Yall's getting trolled.

OT: I agree with quite a few people in this thread. Unless wow redesigned a lot of things. it won't break 12+ again

Regardless of the obvious trolling by the OP which I find hilarious, I will say disagree with it for a few reasons:

1) Pokemon got old fast after the first few games. It's pretty much the Call of Duty of handhelds, just no one has ever called it out on it.
    2) They ruined that damn franchise when they started adding in the dumbest Pokemon I have ever seen. Isn't one basically an Ice Cream cone?
    3) That formula will be fun for a while, and then no one will give a damn later on.
    Xadus, level 85 Death Knight - Proudmoore
    Garaz, level 85 Hunter - Proudmoore

Deleted
    The sole purpose of this expansion is to maintain the cash cow, Asian subscribers: Pandaren race, pokemon battles, chinese art, etc.. MoP will bring a raise of those subscriptions but gradually it will lose subscribers in the rest of the world. On the other hand I think that GW2 will hurt the subscriber base outside of Asia due to its fan base, art direction, real dynamic events and no monthly subscriptions (there are few arguments to justify $15 a month, very very few).

If you think carefully WoW ran out of original ideas long, long time ago and today can only resort to incorporate successful elements of other games and movies to mantain the illusion of new content (not to mention the best of Blizzard programmers and art people left WoW years ago to focus exclusively on Titan).

WoW was a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by charlieprince View Post
    nevermind the Pandas thing

but Pandas.. and more importantly, Pokemon

get your chuckles out of the way and even though I unsubbed as soon as Pandas were announced

I am man enough to admit that Pandas and Pokemon are a HUGE combination

seriously.. not even joking.. do you people realize the power of Pokemon?

what's a bigger franchise than Pokemon?

Disney

that's about it..

I think MoP will go down as the single greatest mmo experience in gaming history

I'm talking 15-20million subs!!

POKEMON people! and Pandas! you know China will be playing.. every billion household will probably have a sub to be a Panda

Pokemon puts it over the top

and before you think this thread is a joke.. I'm dead serious

ask yourselves.. what's bigger than Pokemon?

it's a huge franchise.. it honest to god is if you people didn't know ask any child about Pokemon and they will know.. hell, all my nieces and nephews bug me about pokemon gifts nonstop -.-

just some thoughts.. although unsubbed, I personally think MoP will be so succesful it'll blow people's minds away
    I dont want to burst your bubble but it is my honest belief that MoP will be a failure way bigger than Cata, sales and subs wise.

This is ofc a hunch, and nothing more.

Deleted
    MoP is going to have to be so so unbelievably good to even get WoW back to 12m, and no the watered down version of pokemon is not going to cut it. It's a small past time, something for people to do to waste there time instead of standing around in SW/ogr doing absolutely sweet FA. How could you possibly think that something as small as a pet battle mini game could do what the most successful MMO in history couldn't do?!

Seriously either the OP is trolling or as stupid as a box of hair.

Mod Edit: Please don't suggest people are trolling or insult them.
    Last edited by mmoc99cfbcce04; 2012-04-13 at 10:35 AM.