Poll: Will the level cap in the next expansion (post-MoP) be 105?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PFloydWall View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised at all if by Next expansion the talents are re-re-revamped :P
    "revamped" them for cata

making us throw darts for mop

honestly wouldn't be surprised if they just gave us 1 talent per spec every x levels in the following expac to "make balancing easier."

(excuse my cynicism but it's quite hard to believe they know what they're doing when it gets changed so often)

10+ Year Old Account
    The +5 level cap has more precedence than the +15 level talent addition, so they are more likely to restructure the talent numbers.

I think within the next expansion the talents will be completely gone and everything will be worked into the specs.

It's slowly progressing in this direction.

It's similar to how to government takes away our rights, they do it slowly inch by inch right infront of us so when they are finally gone we don't even notice and agree with what they have done.

not srs

ok semi srs

do it

Somehow i doubt that this would be the case. Since Blizzard take it upon themselves to completely review the talent system the game every single expansion pack i think the latter is by far the more plausible scenario.

Personally I would be interested in seeing some expansion sets that do not raise the level cap and instead invested resources into alternate forms of advancement through collaborative content. I have a number of reasons for believing that this would be a viable option, but for me the most compelling is how raising the level cap completely nullifies all of the prior two to three years worth of content production. Since new raid tier patches more or less already function as a very effective means to reset the the balance of power, and since all of the other things we are accustomed to seeing in a new expansion pack (new zones, new dungeons, new abilities, etc) can all be acquired without a level boost, all a level cap increase accomplishes these days is forces the player base to completely abandon old content. I don't believe we need to associate our characters with a higher number just to make us feel more powerful in a game.

Just think about all of the heroic group and raid content that has been left in the dust over the years. Wouldn't it be nice to have an expansion set that didn't instantly trivialize these things?

So here is a more interesting question: would you play the next expansion pack if all it gave you in terms of level boost was 90 -> 90 Elite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JDR388 View Post
    Somehow i doubt that this would be the case. Since Blizzard take it upon themselves to completely review the talent system the game every single expansion pack i think the latter is by far the more plausible scenario.

Personally I would be interested in seeing some expansion sets that do not raise the level cap and instead invested resources into alternate forms of advancement through collaborative content. I have a number of reasons for believing that this would be a viable option, but for me the most compelling is how raising the level cap completely nullifies all of the prior two to three years worth of content production. Since new raid tier patches more or less already function as a very effective means to reset the the balance of power, and since all of the other things we are accustomed to seeing in a new expansion pack (new zones, new dungeons, new abilities, etc) can all be acquired without a level boost, all a level cap increase accomplishes these days is forces the player base to completely abandon old content. I don't believe we need to associate our characters with a higher number just to make us feel more powerful in a game.

Just think about all of the heroic group and raid content that has been left in the dust over the years. Wouldn't it be nice to have an expansion set that didn't instantly trivialize these things?

So here is a more interesting question: would you play the next expansion pack if all it gave you in terms of level boost was 90 -> 90 Elite.
    I, for one, would be completely willing to see how that worked. However, I think it would be a bold move that a lot of subscribers wouldn't be jumping up and down for with excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by PFloydWall View Post
    Honestly I wouldn't be surprised at all if by Next expansion the talents are re-re-revamped :P
    Ye it doesn't seem they make the talent systems with the future in mind.

we dont even have mop yet and you are speculating about what comes next???
    WHY?

5 levels per expansion aslong as wow is profitable. Simple as.

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    I don't know how anyone can get reasoning like this, seriously. They purposely lowered the expansion caps by 5 levels for the last 2 expansions, why the hell would they make those decisions null by making the next expansion 15 levels? They've already seen that they can still pull off an expansion with just 5 levels and just content enough for 5 levels and people will still be satisfied, so it would be financially unsound and a complete waste of effort/profit for the company.

Seriously...

Quantity over quality ?
    That guy (>'.')>

WoW Cinematics : WotLK>WoD=MoP>Vanilla=Cataclysm>TBC

It should go 100, 110, 120 in the next 3 expanions. just add new talents at every 10 levels after 90.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Doubt it, we'll probably have another 5 levels next expansion after mop to kill Azshara. Then a last 5 levels in the final expansion to kill Sargeras, bringing us to level 100.
    My bet is that we are nowhere near killing sargeras.......the guy has been aroudn for 10k years just messing with azeroth he had time to mess with other planet meanwhile. We wont kill sargeras we will repel him but not kill him. Killing OP draenei with super lock power is hard, imagine a Titan, we arent even sure if we are able to kill and old god. Sargeras wont be killable, it must not be killable. He will be into a prison. Maybe more titan fell after sargeras.... who knows.

Deleted
    no, they will just give you a new talent at level 95, same as they did with cata talent revamp, you got a talentpoint for every level over 80 instead of every 2nd one

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unathi View Post
    no, they will just give you a new talent at level 95, same as they did with cata talent revamp, you got a talentpoint for every level over 80 instead of every 2nd one
    This is probably the most likely option. Add a seventh tier at level 95, sure it's not 15 levels but it'll do until 105. Then bump it up to 100 with some new talents. Then to 105. Rinse/repeat.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

They'll probably re-do the whole talent system from scratch - yet again - so it doesn't really matter.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schippie View Post
    The problem lies in the fact blizzard never expected the game to get so many expansions or anything like that. They maybe had TBC planned but that was about it. If blizzard would have started with 50 and then continued in steps of 5 we would now not really have any sort of issue.
    I'm glad you know the inner workings of Blizzard and how they intended the game to progress...WoW classic was huge, if Blizzard wasn't already planning, or at least thinking about, multiple expansions at that point, I would be very surprised.

I've still never been provided with a source about this mysterious final level cap to be 100. Everyone seems to think that 100 will the end all and be all of WoW. Not to say it's not possible but, so many people used it as fact.

Anyways, Blizzard has a plan, I'm sure.

'What other people think of me is none of my business" - RuPaul

Deleted
    Or they could just start doing it every 5 lvl from next Xpac on

Just a hint.. current talent system, you have 1 talent point every 2 levels, but at 80 you get one per level.

It's not linear!

The problem with level caps getting this high is that it is a HUGE daunting road block to new players. "You mean I've got to level from 1 to 100?"

Quote Originally Posted by greysaber View Post
    wow is over at 100.

it's quite possible that 90 to 100 will be 10 expansions, each with 1 level to gain, each expansion coming out every 4 months... and each one STILL costing $50-$60.

you never know.
    No. Just no.

Deleted
    wow is over at 100.
    Another Miss Cleo here, currently wow supports up to level 255, why the heck would it end at 100?

it's quite possible that 90 to 100 will be 10 expansions, each with 1 level to gain, each expansion coming out every 4 months... and each one STILL costing $50-$60.
    Sometimes I just wonder if people are really this ignorant or if I'm being royalty trolled. Personally I pray for a troll, I'd like to keep hope on this community.
    Last edited by mmoc9a374e54bb; 2012-04-13 at 03:18 PM.