Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Greyscale seems perfect really. Just imported the Howling Fjord and it looks superb. The graininess was no problem at all really, since the importer for Skyrim already loses much of the image quality anyways. I'm going to be painting the terrain I now have as well as placing a few mountain scenes in and I'll post some pics here for you when I'm done .

Thanks again, and I will be sure to credit you on the team that will eventually finish this.

Experimenting with a slightly larger scale:

Before / After

Last edited by rkma; 2012-03-19 at 06:33 PM.

Wouldn't that just hurt the issue of limited height even more?

Quote Originally Posted by Marksman79 View Post
    Wouldn't that just hurt the issue of limited height even more?
    Yep, it would.
    Last edited by rkma; 2012-03-20 at 11:18 AM.

Those updated ones look really good, amazing how such a tiny change makes a huge difference!

Deleted
    You sir are a legend, would it be possible to get a download for this? Pretty please??

nice project
    thumbs up

Added a few more screenshots that have been sitting around:

First of all fantastic work. About the height problem i know you don't want to use any mods but i think you should just take a look anyway and see if you change your mind.

Minecraft Dynamic Height Mod - 256 to 2048

10+ Year Old Account
    I really can't wait till this becomes downloadable. I really want to explore this world you've created. Excellent work and keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by 8300dvo View Post
    You sir are a legend, would it be possible to get a download for this? Pretty please??
    I doubt my computer could handle this awesomeness, but if all of outland was one big downloadable map separate from the other continent, I would be a happy pony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Deleted
    Just one Question ramsesakama/Rumsey and this question is interested to all i think - when do you give us the first downloadlink?

Quote Originally Posted by pasiwdh View Post
    Just one Question ramsesakama/Rumsey and this question is interested to all i think - when do you give us the first downloadlink?
    This is a cross-post with the thread on minecraftforums.net:

A lot of people have asked when or where they will be able to download the map. It's the most common question I get, so I know you want an answer, but I don't actually have an answer at the moment. Obviously the map is not finished yet, but I expect that the bulk of the coding and labeling to be done some time this summer (sooner rather than later). That would mean an end to the automated work, but not necessarily an end to all work on the map. Some amount of tweaking and editing in-game will probably occur afterwards.

I want to make the map available to people in the best way possible. By putting it up on a server first, I can allow people to see the map before the manual changes are finished, which will mean people can see it sooner and can point out things that should be changed. Hosting it on a server will also allow us to implement any server-side mods to transport people between segmented regions, which might be necessary if there's no other way around the height limit.

Ultimately, whatever lets the most people access the map is what I'm aiming for. I just don't want to put up a big download link before I'm sure it can be done without causing problems for the project as a whole.
    Last edited by rkma; 2012-04-15 at 02:54 AM.

Deleted
    This is wonderful, the new colored planks will give alot of variation I think. Theramore should be of Iron bricks / stone slabs so it stands out better and for Exodar crystals a layer of ice would make it look better also.

omg what an amazing idea... Azeroth in Minecraft O.o

Higer scale absolutely better. I am very exited about that project . Waiting with impatience

Are you going to build a plugging/mod along with the map to put all the WoW classes and PvP in? That would be cool

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread is winning so much that there isn't enough win in the world for this!