Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    I didn't like Pyre very much.
    Possibly why I wasn't interested in rolling a Charr until I saw the races trailer and read the books.
    Ember Doomforge FTW, and Rytlock's description of the Charr in the races trailer convinced me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    I didn't like Pyre very much.
    Possibly why I wasn't interested in rolling a Charr until I saw the races trailer and read the books.
    Ember Doomforge FTW, and Rytlock's description of the Charr in the races trailer convinced me.
    Rytlock and Ember Doomforge are awesome too but I'd liked Pyre's character since I saw him in GW1.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyre Fierceshot View Post
    Rytlock and Ember Doomforge are awesome too but I'd liked Pyre's character since I saw him in GW1.
    Yeah, I just didn't like Pyre's character.
    I don't know, I don't remember him very well, I was younger. Maybe I'd like him more now, who knows.

Pyre's too nice. My charr will be totally bloodthirsty and ruthless.

This thread goes by so fast in the weekends. it's crazy.

Guys, do you know if every races can use every professions or it's like Wow?

Quote Originally Posted by Ikos View Post
    Any race can be any profession.

10+ Year Old Account
    Every race and be every profession.

^^^Lawl, same time, nearly the same message.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

15+ Year Old Account
    Pyre, and Rytlock are two of the reasons why I will be a charr. :3

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    Any race can be any profession.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthurius View Post
    Every race and be every profession.

^^^Lawl, same time, nearly the same message.
    Thank you guys

Oh, btw, there is not an official forum like the Blizzard one?

Deleted
    Thank you guys

There's but it's not up yet. It'll be up by launch It's actually rather nice looking and easy to navigate on :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Thank you guys

There is one on the works that should be ready for release. Forum.Guilwars2.com is the current, what I would call alpha, version. It's not functional at all at the moment.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

There is one on the works that should be ready for release. Forum.Guilwars2.com is the current, what I would call alpha, version. It's not functional at all at the moment.
    forum.guildwars2.com/forum/inbox if you want to get super fancy.
    But yeah, very much not functional. I'm assuming it will come up a month before release at the latest, probably earlier.

Hi - I did not come here to hate or bash but just to start debate.
    Like most of you I wanted to pre-order on the 10 of April. Before I did that I went and checked some vids on yt.
    This time instead on focusing on the single player experience I looked for the group experiences like pvp and pve.
    What I found shocked me a little in the sense of. Both where total chaos and messy at best.

They have changed a lot in GW2 and I am wondering if they haven't changed too much. They have removed the normal, go find a quest giver, do his quest and return. This I like. But what concerns me the most is the removal of the holy trinity. I watched 2 GW2 dungeon movies. Same dungeon different people but still the same mess. People constantly dying. Cant really visually see what bosses are doing due to scale and effects. btw. I am not talking about the enemy boss cast bar information thing. Bosses constantly attacking other people. I am wondering is this due to the skill of the tank or is this the game?
    I watched the vid. 'Whats different' and they clearly state that bosses have a lot of effect that push the tanks away. And how the agro in GW2 is mostly proximity based the boss will start pounding on other people untill tanks can peel it off.

Almost the same in pvp. People constantly using the same 5 talents, a totall mess and chaos.

Have they changed to much for it to be recognisable? Please enlighten me.

Quote Originally Posted by Peta View Post
    Both where total chaos and messy at best.
    I would call it action packed, this game moves faster than other MMO's.
    Like all games you'll need to acclimate, once that is done you'll see right through all the flashy effects and start to notice the important stuff.

I am wondering is this due to the skill of the tank or is this the game?
    I watched the vid. 'Whats different' and they clearly state that bosses have a lot of effect that push the tanks away. And how the agro in GW2 is mostly proximity based the boss will start pounding on other people untill tanks can peel it off.
    You pointed out that they removed the holy trinity. Which is true.
    You then started asking about tanks. Which.. is one of the main parts of the holy trinity..
    There are no tanks in GW2. There is no aggro. The boss will generally attack whoever is weakest, and everyone has to be on their guard.

Anyways, dungeons (especially explorables) are 'messy' compared to some other MMOs. This is mostly due to having no tanks, the fight will feel a lot less 'controlled'. The pace is also faster than other MMOs. More action-y than standthere-y.

Not sure how what you mean about PvP being a chaotic mess, unless you're talking about WvW. I don't find GW2's PvP more 'messy' or 'chaotic' than WoW's PvP (for example), but since the longest CCs in the game are like 2seconds people will be less controlled, maybe that's what you mean? No idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi - I did not come here to hate or bash but just to start debate.
    Like most of you I wanted to pre-order on the 10 of April. Before I did that I went and checked some vids on yt.
    This time instead on focusing on the single player experience I looked for the group experiences like pvp and pve.
    What I found shocked me a little in the sense of. Both where total chaos and messy at best.

They have changed a lot in GW2 and I am wondering if they haven't changed too much. They have removed the normal, go find a quest giver, do his quest and return. This I like. But what concerns me the most is the removal of the holy trinity. I watched 2 GW2 dungeon movies. Same dungeon different people but still the same mess. People constantly dying. Cant really visually see what bosses are doing due to scale and effects. btw. I am not talking about the enemy boss cast bar information thing. Bosses constantly attacking other people. I am wondering is this due to the skill of the tank or is this the game?

Almost the same in pvp. People constantly using the same 5 talents, a totall mess and chaos.

There are no tanks for starters. Mobs will beat on who they please, and that is usually the players closest at the moment doing the most damage or providing the most grief for the mobs.

Yes, the combat is chaotic, it's suppose to be. Fights and encounters aren't meant to be calculated and formulaic, they're meant to be much like PvP; focused around twitch reaction and skill.

Graphic clutter is a known problem, they're fixing this issue.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "same 5 talents" when referring to PvP, you're going to have to be more specific on that matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    You pointed out that they removed the holy trinity. Which is true.
    You then started asking about tanks. Which.. is one of the main parts of the holy trinity..
    There are no tanks in GW2. There is no aggro. The boss will generally attack whoever is weakest, and everyone has to be on their guard.
    Thx for the replies guys. The reason is because in both movies one person tried/was the tank. But as you mentioned it was over fast. Im not sure if by removing the holy trinity you are saying that no one can play it? Are you implying that since it's not needed you cant play it?
    Your comment about the bosses attacking the weakest was not the case or they changed it in recent patches. Also it would not be very plausible because he would ping pong more than he was doing.

I think I need to watch more vids on this game.

GW2 is really more of an action-game than a traditional hotkey MMO. It's suppose to be sloppy like that- just the style they are going for in GW2.

Deleted
    There are no tanks for starters. Mobs will beat on who they please, and that is usually the players closest at the moment doing the most damage or providing the most grief for the mobs.

Yes, the combat is chaotic, it's suppose to be. Fights and encounters aren't meant to be calculated and formulaic, they're meant to be much like PvP; focused around twitch reaction and skill.

Graphic clutter is a known problem, they're fixing this issue.

I'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "same 5 talents" when referring to PvP, you're going to have to be more specific on that matter.
    @bold
    I think he refer to something that he has no knowledge to but that is that when you enter PvP (Forest of Niflheim or Battle for Kyhlo) you'll get a "standard" build (traits, weapons and all included) but this you can change if you want too. Way to many in the beta didn't know that there was a little shop where you could buy weapons and that you could change traits in "The Mist"...
    So he has watched different people with the same standard build since the press he watched had no knowledge of this... :P