Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Theramore---->Feathermoon?

If Theramore is really being completely destroyed in MoP, what about relocating the Alliance bases to Feathermoon Stronghold?

Feathermoon is pretty much the Night Elf version of Theramore, including a cooler, more violent Nelf version of Jaina (Shandris). It's definitely big enough to be a strong Alliance base, and it still gives Alliance some position in southern Kalimdor. This could also be a big chance to give Shandris Feathermoon some good lore/story-time, since the more militaristic Night Elven characters rarely show their strength. You could also reintroduce Maiev since her character was massively changed in the WoW books. It would also probably be a better military stronghold because a large percentage of the Darnassian army is stationed there.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Quote Originally Posted by Byniri View Post
    If Theramore is really being completely destroyed in MoP, what about relocating the Alliance bases to Feathermoon Stronghold?

Feathermoon is pretty much the Night Elf version of Theramore, including a cooler, more violent Nelf version of Jaina (Shandris). It's definitely big enough to be a strong Alliance base, and it still gives Alliance some position in southern Kalimdor. This could also be a big chance to give Shandris Feathermoon some good lore/story-time, since the more militaristic Night Elven characters rarely show their strength. You could also reintroduce Maiev since her character was massively changed in the WoW books. It would also probably be a better military stronghold because a large percentage of the Darnassian army is stationed there.
    Shandris could surely get a role in the later patches of MoP, when the Horde vs Alliance fighting is happening. Maybe also Jarod, I still wanna see Maiev again after Wolfheart.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2012-04-15 at 07:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you're asking. All of the things you've indicated are already there. What is being relocated, exactly?

Isn't Feathermoon below water since the cataclysm?

Quote Originally Posted by Rapret View Post
    Isn't Feathermoon below water since the cataclysm?

10+ Year Old Account
    seems plausible though the city has almost no defenses and theres a horde encampment right above the city if i remember correctly

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierbook View Post
    seems plausible though the city has almost no defenses and theres a horde encampment right above the city if i remember correctly
    Uh, I'd like to see the Nelves and humans to have a city in common. Though: Do high elves and night elves get along or do they like them even less than the highborne (whose comeback into Nelf society seems to go at a very slow pace when I look at "Wolfheart")?

Deleted

YEESSSSSS PLEASE! That would be amazing, honestly! Make it happen Blizzard, that would really wipe some of the disapointment from night elves in Cataclysm. Shandris kicked ass though, one of the two major things the night elves got, Shandris kicking ass and gathering an army and we wiping out a troll tribe... I sure wish there were more such tribes... but... in the absence of that... I never really liked monkeys so wiping them out doesn't seem like such a big deal. Or ogres, I want to wipe out the Feralas ogres! More ogres to kill!

They can add some walls. I mean worgen are there, they should do something night elves don't normally do but they do: build walls. We can then mount the gnomish cannons we got in Ashenvale, thank you very much. And some ancients behind the gates if they get breached.

Quote Originally Posted by Firen View Post
    Uh, I'd like to see the Nelves and humans to have a city in common. Though: Do high elves and night elves get along or do they like them even less than the highborne (whose comeback into Nelf society seems to go at a very slow pace when I look at "Wolfheart")?
    If this will come to happen, I'd rather expect the night elves to share it with the worgen (which would make it so much better since the worgen got little spotlight in Cataclysm after their starting zone aswell). Also, about high elves, they liked them very little, but now that they accepted magic ina certain degree, I'd say they'd like high elves better for the simple reason that not all high elves are mages/warlocks, the other part of their society might be much more accepted then the Highbourne even.

About Maiev though, after the book I expect her to come back in some raid though, she's a too important character to just be killed in some quest chain and now she hates Tyrande, she's been banished by her people...

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

change Feathermoon into a strong ALliance base?
    It already is a strong Alliance base
    Dont know wat exactly u want Blizz to actually change there

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    change Feathermoon into a strong ALliance base?
    It already is a strong Alliance base
    Dont know wat exactly u want Blizz to actually change there
    make it the new major alliance base in kalimdor not just stronger... From feralas however you have limited entrance to other zones with the only viable land route being through desolace

10+ Year Old Account
    Makes a lot of sense. Especially if live Theramore is reduced to the pile of rubble we see in the latest screenshots.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    make it the new major alliance base in kalimdor not just stronger... From feralas however you have limited entrance to other zones with the only viable land route being through desolace
    Make something thats already impressive into more impressive?
    Seeme like alot of wasted work for somethings that a quest hub in a lvl 40 zone

It already is a major Alliance Base, and u make it seem Bliz is going to update these 1-60 zones every expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Make something thats already impressive into more impressive?
    Seeme like alot of wasted work for somethings that a quest hub in a lvl 40 zone

It already is a major Alliance Base, and u make it seem Bliz is going to update these 1-60 zones every expansion?
    only a typical "for therp horderp" cant see why its necessary to create a new alliance hub at south of kalindon with theramore being destroyed.
    how low levels are going to get at south of kalindor? walking for 3 hours? the green-apes, i mean; the horde can take the ez-ride zepplins to northern strangletorn while alliance has to walk all way down from darnassus? lol

alliance needs a place at south of kalindor to use mage portals;because the green-apes(horde) still have stonard for mage ports.
    Last edited by ducklino; 2012-04-15 at 10:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ducklino View Post
    only a typical "for therp horderp" cant see why its necessary to create a new alliance hub at south of kalindon with theramore being destroyed.
    how low levels are going to get at south of kalindor? walking for 3 hours? the green-apes, i mean; the horde can take the ez-ride zepplins to northern strangletorn while alliance has to walk all way down from darnassus? lol

alliance needs a place at south of kalindor to use mage portals;because the green-apes(horde) still have stonard for mage ports.
    Well, the portal move would be a good idea, especially with the inclusion of Highborne Mages in that area. The other things seem rather pointless. Adding new quests wouldn't really make any sense. The zone is already finished and doesn't need a further update. Nothing interesting is happening in Feralas. Feathermoon is already the stronghold the OP wants it to be, there are ballistas and towers and large buildings and droves of guards; what could possibly be added that wouldn't be excessive?

It's like arguing that there should be a bigger Alliance City in Darnassus. I think it's redundant.
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-04-15 at 11:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quite a good idea that might serve as a suitable replacement, helping put some emphasis on another Alliance race aside from the Humans. I think it's likely they'll not alter the curent Live Theramore though, due to implications such as this.

What's hilarious about this thread is that the title completely misled me. Back on my server which is on the same battlegroup as the Feathermoon RP server, whenever people would do anything in-character we'd type, "Feathermoon is -----------> way"

I thought this was about Theramore becoming an RP haven or something lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Well, the portal move would be a good idea, especially with the inclusion of Highborne Mages in that area. The other things seem rather pointless. Adding new quests wouldn't really make any sense. The zone is already finished and doesn't need a further update. Nothing interesting is happening in Feralas. Feathermoon is already the stronghold the OP wants it to be, there are ballistas and towers and large buildings and droves of guards; what could possibly be added that wouldn't be excessive?

It's like arguing that there should be a bigger Alliance City in Darnassus. I think it's redundant.
    No, it's not, it shows there are changes, it shows that the Alliance is doing something. By the same reason, all the new rewamped zones were redundant, since, in the end, you already had 1-60 content, right? And why did they upgrade Orgrimmar? It's redundant, it already had what it needed to function.

So overall, just because it's redundant to you, it doesn't mean it's redundant to the rest of us, the ones who want the story to move forward, the ones who want to see some Alliance recovery and might. In fact, I think that a chain where you build up Feathermoon Stronghold would be amazing to counter the Horde chain where they wreck Theramore.

Why would such a chain where you build up Feathermoon be necessary? Because of something simple, complainers or not, many Alliance players feel out of touch with the story. Now, if you leave Theramore only, you have two choices. You don't give Alliance players any quests, which would annoy people as they don't do anything and it makes them feel weak again, or you let them have some quests and they still fully lose at the end, which, once again, makes them feel weak, especially if done poorly (like Andorhal). So you need to do something so Alliance players feel they're doing something to recover, and building a mightier, better base just across the continent is that.

Despite what you might think, they could add many things to make the Feathermoon Stronghold a real stronghold. You could have some quests involving:
    -gathering stone for walls (from nearby Dire Maul since Highbourne left and only ogres are there, and ogres are seemingly allying with Horde so better not leave that city standing, especially since the night elves could discover what the Highbourne were actually doing in there)
    -destroying goblin machines (there's goblin machines at that resort up the mountains) for the gnomes to build cannons
    -planting ancients for the night elves
    -training worgen and human troops
    -set up draenei crystal communicators around all of Kalimdor to replace the outdated gnome ones
    -resolve a conflict about what materials to use at the new dwarven forge (hint: dwarves want to use wood, night elves do not, and you'll have to gather coal)
    -and in last mission you hear Theramore communicating through the buzzboxes or the new draenei crystals how they're under attack, and the last moments of the fight of Theramore, because they couldn't ask for help before because the Horde managed to bomb the buzzbox there even if they didn't know what it was. And you go help refugees and hear Shandris after that rage with anger.

Well, it might explain the rebulding of Feathermoon stronghold that happened in Cataclysm (well, its rebuilding into more than the standard-issue "3 tents and a halfbuilt tower"-configuration, anyway :P ), Blizz do take every opportunity to rub their l33t pl4nn1ng sk1llz in our faces when people ask about plot developments...

I would really like if this is true, not only a better base, but also night elves running the main entrance port, it's quite fitting, Night elves pretty much being all alliance presence on the continent (Except for Theramore, and they face.. big issues in the near future)

15+ Year Old Account
    No, that's astranaar. Feathermoon is pretty well defended and the quests on Feralas include gathering all the Ancient Night Elf allies to form an army.

Stabby stab stab.
    Avatar courtesy of Kelly Aarons of woweh.com