Poll: Will you switch from WoW to Titan?

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Just like GW2 ... WOW ... SWTOR ... Rift ... I'll be definitely willing to give it a try .. Especially considering it's something done by Blizzard.

If WoW is still going and I'm still playing it when Titan comes out .. I'll probably Sub for both games until I get bored of One (Or both) or perhaps continue playing both for yonks.

But It's kinda way to far in the future to really know what's going to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeydivision82 View Post
    Funny how you haven't noticed the said the new MMO they are working on is codename: titan and tthat it is a completely new story and world that is not connected to anything they've done. Not sure how you missed that.
    He most likely means "next WoW" as in the same if not better awards and how revered as a game WoW is and the whole MMO genre. WoW defines MMOs still right now, Titan will most likely dwarf WoW thus blowing all the other MMOs out of the water. No matter what I'm optimistic about it, I just hope as somebody who's played wow since the beginning, I can do something with one of my main toons, however they could possibly do that I would appreciate anything really.

Also the Codename as he said is also the new engine they're running at blizzard for it as the other poster stated...

Quote Originally Posted by RAWRF View Post
    The only official description I have seen of it comes down to it being a MMOFPS centered on casual PvP play. No, I won't waste a dime on it if that holds true.
    Source? Cause I haven't seen a damn thing confirm that, or even HINT at it. A bunch of people ASSUMED it, cause Blizz hired a few guys who used to work for Bungee (famous for the Halo franchise), and immediately assumed it would be an FPS-related game.

For all we know, they hired guys to do texture mapping, or model designs, nothing related to actual gameplay systems.

As others have said: We know it is an MMO, we know it is a new IP (ie: Not Warcraft, StarCraft, or Diablo-based), and we know it is supposed to be very casual-friendly (far bigger market, can't ignore that).

Until I see more concrete info (which won't be til Blizzcon 2013, likely, or later), I continue on the path I am: WoW, SC2, Diablo 3, and my other games (both PC and console).

Deleted
    Obviously I'm willing to at least try it out. It's a new Blizzard MMO, it can't be that bad.

But yeah. Ever since MoP, it's become 'cool' to bash stuff you either haven't played or now nothing about, under the pretense of "Blizzard is catering to casuals only", therefor implying you are such an elite hardcore "real" gamer interacting outside the "instant gratification/entitlement culture" everyone else but you seems to be in.

Just like people defining MoP as the worst expansion ever, already.

The attitude on this forum is going down the drain.

Quote Originally Posted by Pavidus View Post
    Looking forward to an FPS style mmo, with gameplay similar to Borderlands.
    Stop spreading stupid rumors that it is FPS. We dont know yet. Blizzard never said it is FPS game, it's just people who made up this story. The only thing we know is not going to be another wow. That's it.

the WoW franchise made blizzard what it is today honestly, and im going to go ahead and say its because of that fantasy medieval feel it had when it first begun,pleople looooved that. kingdoms and castles and old cities and elvs and dwarves, i dont think at this point even blizzard can kill wow. its like its own living thing at this point.. scary, i know o.0

10+ Year Old Account
    If it has a sub fee then I will have to wait and see what state WoW is in by then.
    If there is no sub fee then I will mostly likely buy it anyway.

Deleted
    Will obviously need more information about the game itself, it's like saying you would eat something from a box which you do not know what it contains.

Time will tell, simply put.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if I will move onto that pretty much un-announced game in which I know nothing about

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...and so we wait for more information to be released...

If there's a subscription fee, I'll switch from WoW or at least try it out. If there isn't then I'll keep playing WoW/most likely play it since it's free.

Really, depends. I need to see something more concrete before I make a decision one way or another on whether I would play it or not.

Too many variables to give an answer right now, like when it will it be released, how different the game will be, what new things it will bring, the graphic design, and what direction the game will end up taking.

15+ Year Old Account
    What's with that "move over" thing anyway? I am pretty sure WoW will continue and pretty much coexist with whatever is behind the title "Titan". If they are doing the same thing as they did in the past then they will follow a trend and improve upon it (aka F2P with micro-transactions and embedded advertisement). It's possible that you'll end up playing both if you like both. In my opinion the days where people dedicated hours over hours into their online game are pretty much over anyway, it started out on the fringe and will go back there. Also in my opinion the term "casual" is a bit over-used and over-stretched but obviously the game industry hasn't found a term for the middleground between both extremes, casual and dedicated player, yet. :s
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Because of the fact that it is an MMO made by Blizzard, i highly doubt i'll put any money towards it. For me personally, WoW just isn't worth the time, effort and money anymore, for a lot of reasons, but suffice to say I play to PvP.
    A Random Australian for 18 years and counting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Given that it was over 6 years ago that they were together, as your attorney I advise you to tap that ass like a keg.
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    We don't see those types of items much anymore. Its mainly +400 stam + 300 str +120 crit rating. Not +20 stamina chance on hit to apply elder's special bad touch to target if target is under the age of 10.

Deleted
    If titan turns out to be a fps / shooter mmo - then no I won't play it.
    If titan turns out to be a fantasy/rpg mmo then I probably will.
    If it's got no pve and is full pvp probably not but depends on the setting.
    If it's something in between... maybe.

So it very much depends on what it turns out to be. I have zero interest in a shooter mmo.

To be honest, also depends where my life is at the time. Depending on my job, family, if I have kids by then, would all drastically affect whether or not I would take up a new MMO.

In short, definitely not enough information.

Until we know more we can't make any judgement.
    Nobody can really say that just yet.

Funny, I would be more along the lines of not playing it because it's made by Blizzard. They aren't the same company as when D2 came out or during vanilla, Blizzard north was my life blood.. now they are a shadow of their former selves. Greedy little fucking goblins. If titan is buy to play, sure I'll try it out. But I'm done with monthly fee's once GW2 hits.

more importantly, how long do you think its going to be before bliz decides to pull the whole "you can have access to both games for $20 a month" gimmick

By then, I will be at a stage in my life where I don't expect to want to devote the time to an MMO anyway.

Deleted
    Though I need more information to give a definitive answer, it's likely. Blizzard makes good games, I have no reason not to believe that I'll play Titan.

But then again, it could be shit.