Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GallowsZA View Post
    GW2 Is coming

Please keep all GW2 discussion in the GW2 section of the forums. No need to bring it into the the TOR boards. ~Rag
    Why'd you get a mod warning so to speak regarding mentioning gw2 when people are talking about mobas and eq mmo's other than tor. I feel thats biased against gw2 there a fair bit ...

OT: I quit too 1.2 was the last chance I was willing to give them...the way I see it, its just another company that has an MMO that promises and doesnt deliver. Granted that is simply my opinion but I'm entitled to it. I respect any that differs from it.

PM sent regarding moderator action and discussing mod action. -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-04-16 at 03:11 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conqueror Snavey from Hidden Beks?

Deleted
    I quit a month ago because i know that the promised pvp-changes would either not be enough or they would be cancelled.

Spot on.

Been playing my main MMO since then and im currently waiting for x and y. (Dont know if i can type names or get banned or something....)

Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    Why'd you get a mod warning so to speak regarding mentioning gw2 when people are talking about mobas and eq mmo's other than tor. I feel thats biased against gw2 there a fair bit ...

OT: I quit too 1.2 was the last chance I was willing to give them...the way I see it, its just another company that has an MMO that promises and doesnt deliver. Granted that is simply my opinion but I'm entitled to it. I respect any that differs from it.
    Probably because the mention of that game pisses off people here.

Anyway,

Basically if you lose you get nothing or not very much. There are a load of screenshots all over the place of people who have had good individual performances but are getting zero reward - literally zero - no valor, no credits, no xp, no commendations. You need 3 medals now to qualify for any reward so people joining mid game tend to not care what happens or are more interested in getting their 3 medals ASAP compared to trying to win. You are penalised so much for losing that if it looks like the game is going badly or you're against a tough team people are just leaving the warzone, of course this means even the people who want to stay and have a bash are completely shafted due to team number imbalance.

It's basically a mess right now, mainly because of player behaviour but really it's not that shocking people are playing this way.
    That sucks. I remember one of the good things about TOR was that you would still get rewarded quite fairly even if you lost. Don't understand why that was changed.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    Meh, I wasn't thinking. I accept it, lets move on.

Personally I find that the new PvP system is making a group pretty much compulsary.

Conqueror Snavey from Hidden Beks?
    That's me!

OMG I'M A INTERNET CELEBRITY!

Deleted
    My server right now have more players than ever and just about everyone do PVP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Repefe View Post
    Why do ppl want to play EQ MMOs for PvP ?.
    PvP is gear faster then HM's i guess thats why people do it or atleast why i would do it, and from what i bene hearing getting a HM grp is a pain

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snave View Post
    That's me!

OMG I'M A INTERNET CELEBRITY!
    Lol - not quite xD just did a whole lot of PvP with you/against you. Thats one of the things I liked about TOR's PvP though. You recognized people. Learned to hunt some, learned to avoid some.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm unhappy with pvp in TOR since 1.2 was implemented, but I'm not quitting. I'm going to give Bioware a chance to fix it first. They went from a fairly balanced and fun system that could have used a few tweaks to one where people die in a matter of seconds and you end up just training from your spawn point over and over, even if you are on the winning team. For the most part tanks and healers (tanks more so than healers) are alot less viable than they were pre-patch, and while some will say that healers needed a nerf, which I agree, they went way to far in the other direction. As for class balance, for the most part they buffed or left alone most of the strongest classes, nerfed all the healers except Ops/Scoundrels which are now borderline OP, and nerfed a bunch of classes that probably didn't need it. The worst change, however, is the change to Expertise. In order to prevent the use of PvE gear they buffed the damage increase, and the damage mitigated and left healing gains what they were pre-patch. In full BM gear I'm running 22% damage increase, 18% damage reduction, and 12% healing increase. All they really needed to do was nerf the healing gains and leave the rest alone, but instead there is a 4% difference in damage increase and mitigation which is causing the TTK (time to kill) to drop dramatically when you are targeted by more that one player. You generally explode inside of a CC whether you use a defensive CD or not if you are targeted by more than 2 players.

Prior to the patch you used tactics to win matches and gear played less of a role than having competent players on your team, even in a pug. Now a bunch of people in full BM will explode even other people in BM gear in a matter of seconds, and pre-made BM teams roll over every thing simply because they can better coordinate focus fire which can blow up a healer with guard and taunts in a matter of seconds.

Lastly, the rewards system just plain sucks now. They nerfed credit gains, so now I can't even cover the costs of respeccing between my Ops pve spec and my pvp spec, so now I have to run dailies instead of pvp. Valor gains are horrible if you get rolled by a pre-made, you literally get nothing for a loss, while close matches (say 5-6 score huttball loss) provide the losing team with maybe 40-50 comms even if you ended the match with 11+ medals, whereas the winning team would be getting ~200 comms.

So as I stated at the beginning of this post I'm very disappointed in the pvp changes, but will give Bioware a chance to fix it which they better do quickly.

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deefame View Post
    Cows go moo, dogs go woof, pvpers go pvp is unbalanced.
    Sweet Jesus I love this post.

I spent most of the weekend playing TOR. Other than the usual "my team sucks", there were little to no grumblings about PVP on my server. But it's a PVE realm so that might have something to do with it. My guild is loving the new Ops content.
    ^ The above should be taken with two grains of salt and a fistful of "chill the F* out".

Lol - not quite xD just did a whole lot of PvP with you/against you. Thats one of the things I liked about TOR's PvP though. You recognized people. Learned to hunt some, learned to avoid some.
    I'm going to stroke my epeen and assume I was one of the people you learned to avoid. By the way I'm no longer Conquerer Snavey, I'm now Party Time Snavey Snave.

RIP Party Instigator, we hardly knew you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deefame View Post
    Cows go moo, dogs go woof, pvpers whine about pvp and pve.
    fix'd that for you.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 02:10 PM ----------

and it will be that way until they merge servers for pvp, then you wont recognize anyone anymore. but alas, evryone is waiting for that (i'm not, nor lfg either)

Please do not quote someone and change their quote to be an insult. -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-04-16 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snave View Post
    I'm going to stroke my epeen and assume I was one of the people you learned to avoid. By the way I'm no longer Conquerer Snavey, I'm now Party Time Snavey Snave.

RIP Party Instigator, we hardly knew you.
    Pffft, bitvh please at worst its a force push and go back to mauling your healers xD

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shimargh View Post
    and it will be that way until they merge servers for pvp, then you wont recognize anyone anymore. but alas, evryone is waiting for that (i'm not, nor lfg either)
    Neither am I, but I doubt BioWare cares about what I think about it.

Merging servers killed the pvp community in WoW and it will do the same here. From what Bioware have said though they'll try and keep it as much same server as possible apart from rated games where really you do need to have cross server.

Gallows, give me a /hug the next time you see me in a warzone!
    Last edited by Snave; 2012-04-16 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read official forums and qq. Really, ppl nowadays are so in love with their own small opinions they will /popcorn over every little thing. Anyway, medals are there for the grabs, just requires more effort... something WZs have been lacking pre 1.2. And with effort I mean actually trying to win and not giving up the first time u die.
    SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post
    I read official forums and qq. Really, ppl nowadays are so in love with their own small opinions they will /popcorn over every little thing. Anyway, medals are there for the grabs, just requires more effort... something WZs have been lacking pre 1.2. And with effort I mean actually trying to win and not giving up the first time u die.
    You seem to be missing the point a bit here mate. Try reading the posts and understanding what people are saying before you cover us all with the mindless QQ blanket.

I swear the MMO community has become a bunch of little whiny bitches. If they do this they are wrong. If they do that they are wrong. If they nerf my class they are wrong. But if they buff my class, i will be quiet for now. All you guys want is WIN WIN WIN WIN in every possible situation. Grow the FUCK up. I mean you really think you should get all your credits, comms and valor when you loss. I mean yes you get stuck with bad pugs but do you really think you are the only one that gets stuck with them. Why not have fun with the game and be happy with the changes BW is doing for the game. Me personally love the PVP changes. Granted Sent/Marua are a little OP right now but oh well deal with it and move on.

There isn't any need for this type of rudeness. Keep things civil. -Cula
    Last edited by OhpUldum; 2012-04-16 at 03:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by welko View Post
    I swear the MMO community has become a bunch of little whiny bitches. If they do this they are wrong. If they do that they are wrong. If they nerf my class they are wrong. But if they buff my class, i will be quiet for now. All you guys want is WIN WIN WIN WIN in every possible situation. Grow the FUCK up. I mean you really think you should get all your credits, comms and valor when you loss. I mean yes you get stuck with bad pugs but do you really think you are the only one that gets stuck with them. Why not have fun with the game and be happy with the changes BW is doing for the game. Me personally love the PVP changes. Granted Sent/Marua are a little OP right now but oh well deal with it and move on.
    thats blizzard's fault, listening to whiny spoiled brats and giving them what they whined for.
    you can identify from where a player came on how or what they whine for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion View Post
    The loss of the ability to pass on loot is the loss of the ability to choose. This is communism
    Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    A year from now someone on these forums is gonna say that the (wod) launch went smoothly..... I am gonna remind that asshole of this launch, this shit is not going smoothly at all.

Quote Originally Posted by welko View Post
    No you're completely right. People shouldn't try and voice concerns in a constructive manner we should all just ignore them and stick our heads in the sand.

If you bothered to actually read the posts you'll find that people aren't asking for hand outs or "welfare epics", we're asking for an adjustment in mechanics that would improve the gaming experience for all concerned. No one is asking for everything, no one is asking to be rewarded for nothing.

But I suppose making a post full of name calling and swearing is far more constructive than trying to have a grown up conversation about game concerns.