Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    No, it's not, it shows there are changes, it shows that the Alliance is doing something. By the same reason, all the new rewamped zones were redundant, since, in the end, you already had 1-60 content, right? And why did they upgrade Orgrimmar? It's redundant, it already had what it needed to function.

So overall, just because it's redundant to you, it doesn't mean it's redundant to the rest of us, the ones who want the story to move forward, the ones who want to see some Alliance recovery and might. In fact, I think that a chain where you build up Feathermoon Stronghold would be amazing to counter the Horde chain where they wreck Theramore.

Why would such a chain where you build up Feathermoon be necessary? Because of something simple, complainers or not, many Alliance players feel out of touch with the story. Now, if you leave Theramore only, you have two choices. You don't give Alliance players any quests, which would annoy people as they don't do anything and it makes them feel weak again, or you let them have some quests and they still fully lose at the end, which, once again, makes them feel weak, especially if done poorly (like Andorhal). So you need to do something so Alliance players feel they're doing something to recover, and building a mightier, better base just across the continent is that.

Despite what you might think, they could add many things to make the Feathermoon Stronghold a real stronghold. You could have some quests involving:
    -gathering stone for walls (from nearby Dire Maul since Highbourne left and only ogres are there, and ogres are seemingly allying with Horde so better not leave that city standing, especially since the night elves could discover what the Highbourne were actually doing in there)
    -destroying goblin machines (there's goblin machines at that resort up the mountains) for the gnomes to build cannons
    -planting ancients for the night elves
    -training worgen and human troops
    -set up draenei crystal communicators around all of Kalimdor to replace the outdated gnome ones
    -resolve a conflict about what materials to use at the new dwarven forge (hint: dwarves want to use wood, night elves do not, and you'll have to gather coal)
    -and in last mission you hear Theramore communicating through the buzzboxes or the new draenei crystals how they're under attack, and the last moments of the fight of Theramore, because they couldn't ask for help before because the Horde managed to bomb the buzzbox there even if they didn't know what it was. And you go help refugees and hear Shandris after that rage with anger.
    Blizzard has already expressed repeatedly that they have no interest in redoing 1-60 zones for a very long time. I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I'm saying that it won't happen, and Blizzard will come up with something better.

The Alliance doesn't just need a new base, they need a new naval base. I'm not sure if Feathermoon would be good for that. Feathermoon could however be a suitible travel point from Menethil by ship.

With Theramore gone it does open the possibilty of Kul'tiras coming into play and setting up a large naval outpost somewhere.

Actually, Northwatch Hold would be a very good place for both.

Blizzard has already expressed repeatedly that they have no interest in redoing 1-60 zones for a very long time. I'm not saying it's a bad idea. I'm saying that it won't happen, and Blizzard will come up with something better.
    Not to the extent of a total revamp like they did with Cataclysm but a single base and a handful of quests is more than likely. In removing Theramore as an alliance hub they already have to revamp Dustwallow Marsh to replace the lost Alliance quests. Also as mentioned above the Alliance need a new ship route to southern kalimdor.

I'd like to think that the reason Dustwallow wasn't updated with Cataclysm is because they were already planning to have Theramore destroyed and were waiting with the revamp until then.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-04-16 at 05:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Then why are Horde warships in Darkshore in the MoP beta? Why is Theramore being destroyed? They're all in the 1-60 content(and just because the event to destroy Theramore might be a high level thing, the zone I don't see changing into a 85+ zone). Just because they have no interest in redoing 1-60 zones doesn't mean they can't add 1-2 quests here and there where they think it's necessary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    I'd like to think that the reason Dustwallow wasn't updated with Cataclysm is because they were already planning to have Theramore destroyed and were waiting with the revamp until then.
    Which is entirely my point. We didn't see any of that with Feathermoon or Feralas.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 05:31 PM ----------

Then why are Horde warships in Darkshore in the MoP beta? Why is Theramore being destroyed? They're all in the 1-60 content(and just because the event to destroy Theramore might be a high level thing, the zone I don't see changing into a 85+ zone). Just because they have no interest in redoing 1-60 zones doesn't mean they can't add 1-2 quests here and there where they think it's necessary.
    Because it's pretty clear that the event is exclusive to Dustwallow. I don't see any other outlying quests added in Beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Azahel View Post
    No, that's astranaar. Feathermoon is pretty well defended and the quests on Feralas include gathering all the Ancient Night Elf allies to form an army.
    Which they do nothing with it.

Don't you know? It's Horde content. Dare to propose something for the Alliance, it is not possible, not probable.

Which is entirely my point. We didn't see any of that with Feathermoon or Feralas.

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 05:31 PM ----------

Because it's pretty clear that the event is exclusive to Dustwallow. I don't see any other outlying quests added in Beta.
    Maybe Blizz actually did some of their oft-mentioned planning ahead and did the whole Feathermoon-revamp in preparation for this switch? Right now the quests in Feralas are about seeing that the old Feathermoon is truly lost, killing bad stuff (Yeti, corrupted dryads/treants, some harpies and ogres mostly), gathering allies and then... Take a canoe-ride to the floating themepark in thousand needles.

There's a big "What about the huge new fortress and all the troops here?"-shaped hole in the whole questing flow, the optimist in me hopes that it leads up to the Theramore-Feathermoon switch over, that would make it a nice morale-booster for exasperated alliance-players, too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    With Theramore gone it does open the possibilty of Kul'tiras coming into play and setting up a large naval outpost somewhere.

Actually, Northwatch Hold would be a very good place for both.
    I expect Kul Tiras to be all over this expansion, given how heavily naval themed it is. I don't think Northwatch Hold is gonna be in good standing though after MoP. It's main purpose in-game is to cover and protect the northern seaways to Theramore from the Horde controlled north. Given that Theramore is destroyed, I can't imagine the Horde being able to do that with Northwatch Hold still a threat.
    ie Gotta take out Northwatch Hold to even get to Theramore.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

Deleted
    See this thread:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...fore-Darkshore
    Those ships are in Darkshore, in the MoP beta.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    I expect Kul Tiras to be all over this expansion, given how heavily naval themed it is. I don't think Northwatch Hold is gonna be in good standing though after MoP. It's main purpose in-game is to cover and protect the northern seaways to Theramore from the Horde controlled north. Given that Theramore is destroyed, I can't imagine the Horde being able to do that with Northwatch Hold still a threat.
    ie Gotta take out Northwatch Hold to even get to Theramore.
    Northwatch is more important than you give it credit
    Its the military hub for that part of Kalimodor
    Thermore is nowhere not important
    But the whole invasion of the Barrens came from Northwatch, not Theramore
    There has been no evidence anywhere of Kul Tiras appearance
    And didnt MMO Champ find some beta stuff showing the Horde will be attacking Thermore from the air?
    Theramore is a well defended place, just adds to the interest as to how exactly the Horde is able to pull it off

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 08:34 PM ----------

See this thread:
    Thats interesting, cool you pointed that out
    It prbly deals with intro quest leading into Pandaria?
    MMO showed some of these quests, one of which involved player going to Zomgrar in Ashenvele to over-see production of ships for a blockade of Kalimdor

And just as a side-note
    Does anyone know where Pandaria is located? Like on the World Map
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2012-04-16 at 08:44 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    See this thread:
    Oh, that is noteworthy. I thought you meant the Horde ships that were already present to the South (near Ashenvale).

---------- Post added 2012-04-16 at 08:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Does anyone know where Pandaria is located? Like on the World Map
    It's to the South, opposite of Northrend. Blues have confirmed it, as have said intro quests.
    Last edited by Callace; 2012-04-16 at 08:59 PM.

I play Horde, and have always thought this would be the best location for the teleport ability, tho im still wanting an updated stoneard, or even since according to the Alliance side since stonard is captured a move to Grom gol( updated again ) would be good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't they removing the portal to Stonard?

as irritated as i am at the destruction of theramore, this is a really good idea. this may be feathermoon's time to shine!

Quote Originally Posted by Uennie View Post
    Aren't they removing the portal to Stonard?
    First ive heard, any info?

Deleted
    Oh, that is noteworthy. I thought you meant the Horde ships that were already present to the South (near Ashenvale).
    About those, someone playing Horde also told me that they're getting quests on them, as in attacking night elf sailors or something sitting on those. Alas, for that I don't have screenshots so he could have been bluffing on that.

Still, I wonder what's with those Lor'Danel ships. Will they be removed? Are they put there only... because, or is it something related with the Trials of the High King maybe? Or something to show Garrosh is going mad, like him killing the refugees or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what you're asking. All of the things you've indicated are already there. What is being relocated, exactly?
    Alliance boat landing arrival point, would be one.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.