Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I was under the impression that symbiosis was "stolen" from a friendly target?
    It also has an hour duration, meaning if your raid group feels you need divine hymn for a fight, you will be granted symbiosis for the encounter. This is how I understood it.

Quote Originally Posted by Franklinn View Post
    I was under the impression that symbiosis was "stolen" from a friendly target?
    It also has an hour duration, meaning if your raid group feels you need divine hymn for a fight, you will be granted symbiosis for the encounter. This is how I understood it.
    no not stole, he gives you a skill so he could mimic yours, here's the case: a cat cast sym on Spriest, cat gets dispersion, kept his Tranq, we get Tranq while still able to disperse

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ossi View Post
    Most importantly, divine hymn is a lot more favorable to priest than Tranq
    Yup... It's sooo 'favourable' being kicked out of shadow form, losing the bonuses from it (particularly the dmg reduction), potentially losing the raid the 5% haste buff and having to re-enter form after casting a spell.

The phrase 'quit while you're behind' springs to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Anesh
    Also, I'm glad the OP is as mad as he is, and I hope he takes it to the official boards. Shadowpriests need love, and Blizz won't give us love unless they see that we're not happy with the job they're doing. And one thing I don't understand is why would anyone mock someone lobbying for buffs for their own class?
    Getting a cool spell via symbiosis is a buff - compare it to what the other caster dps classes get - rejuv and healing touch. Shadow has by far the best option, and one that makes us serious contenders to get the symbiotic link.

There are many things wrong with the current state of shadow, complaining about something that isn't broken is not only a waste of time, but runs the risk that Blizz decide that instead of changing Shadow Apparitions/Orbs or giving the rotaion/priority some love, we get our symbiosis spell changed from Tranq to regrowth. Which is not a buff to the class, but apparently is what you and the OP want. In the OP's case, at least he had the excuse that he didn't seem to understand how the spell worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Ossi View Post
    If they have away Hymn from us, why did they give us Tranq?
    They didn't give you Tranquility. They gave druids a spell that gives you Tranquility if it's cast on you. You don't get Tranquility if there isn't a druid around who wants to give it to you.

They took Divine Hymn away from shadow because shadow doesn't need an 8-minute healing cooldown that knocks you out of shadowform and heals for squat. It has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with Symbiosis, which, in case you've already forgotten, is still a DRUID spell.
    Last edited by microtonal; 2012-04-16 at 04:57 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    So to summarise:

You don't lose Dispersion, you keep it
    Your teammate also gets a valuable defensive cooldown
    Enemy druids can't use it to get dispersion
    You don't get kicked out of Shadowform to cast it
    It's exactly as interruptible as the ability that you're angry about Blizzard "removing" to replace with this one

Did you have any other points left or has it turned out that you were completely angry about nothing after all?
    ^^this so much

also should point out that i've seen ferals get tranquility off in arenas when they really needed to, even a tick or two can turn the tides while you wait for a healer to get free of a CC chain.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadmedic View Post
    the pluses outweigh the minuses for me
    For me, the old VE was *the* iconic feature of the spec, removing it...

Also lol@ the idiots who can't understand why DH was so powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Dawn Falcon View Post

As shadow DH is anything but powerful......

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ragemaw View Post
    Symbiosis does not steal abilities. You will still be able to cast dispersion if you are targeted with symbiosis.
    ^

Don't understand how Symbiosis works; Rage anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Greywardenn View Post
    As shadow DH is anything but powerful......
    Yea, you keep telling yourself that. Never mind the direct healing is basically a bonus.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account

Yep, it's insanely powerful... like all spriest heals... which is why you DO NOT NEED IT.

Just saying druids (all but resto) lose all but our basic heals (rejuv (lulzy) and HT (IMMA CAST MAH 3 SEC CAST FOR 25k YO!) which is why we get to keep tranq. I assume you're one of the people who think 55k + mind blasts on 4600 resil is something that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilnezhara View Post
    Yep, it's insanely powerful... like all spriest heals... which is why you DO NOT NEED IT.
    Oh right, so I'm no longer playing a hybrid class, but a separate DPS one.
    34 classes rather than 10, and a very different game.
    That's not what I leveled and played with. Spriests are losing most of their utility, a good chunk of their defence AND their DPS is changing radically for the worse in how it works (dependent on things like shadowy apparitions...sigh).

I'm sure you think that going OOM in 10s and taking 2 years to fix major balance issues (not to mention Hunters in arena...) makes sense, but...
    Last edited by Dawn Falcon; 2012-04-16 at 05:45 PM.

Yea, you keep telling yourself that. Never mind the direct healing is basically a bonus.
    Shadow DH that heals for nothing and breaks you out of Shadowform or Tranq which at the worst case scenario will heal for the same exact amount but WONT break us out of Shadowform, sounds like a real legitimate QQ case.

What if they changed it such that Shadow Priests got Solar Beam, Typhoon or the swirly vortex?

Shadow DH that heals for nothing and breaks you out of Shadowform or Tranq which at the worst case scenario will heal for the same exact amount but WONT break us out of Shadowform, sounds like a real legitimate QQ case.
    Except, of course, it now means we're dependent on the druid. And, of course, it doesn't have the real punch-point of a Shadowpriest DH, increased healing.

Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    What if they changed it such that Shadow Priests got Solar Beam, Typhoon or the swirly vortex?
    I would kill for Typhoon.

Except, of course, it now means we're dependent on the druid. And, of course, it doesn't have the real punch-point of a Shadowpriest DH, increased healing.
    Starting to think there is no point in arguing with QQers. Hymn is gone so there is no getting that back for Shadow, I for one think that getting a tranq to replace it that wont break us out of Shadowform and may potentially save a raid a suitable replacement. Also, nobody had problems taking DI from a warlock or demanding a comp that included a warlock but now all of the sudden having to "take" (actually not taking it but receiving it) symbiosis from a druid is blasphemy lol. QQers gonna QQ.

Symbiosis does NOT steal your ability. How do people STILL not understand this.

You get a NEW spellbook button, which is just called Symbiosis when you don't have the buff.
    But when you do have the buff, that Symbiosis button gets replaced with the spell you get.

For the druid, it works the same way.
    You aren't "trading"
    They aren't "stealing"
    it's a win-win.
    or a win-meh
    or a meh-meh
    There is no losing.

You aren't dependent on the druid because Symbiosis isn't about you. It's a druid ability, not a priest ability. It has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with you.

Starting to think there is no point in arguing with QQers.
    Yea, must be tough looking in a mirror. I want a playable class, shame about your vision.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find post like this so funny... There's like at lest one in each class forum!
    You do know, you get a lvl 87 ability, ontop of that, you have the chance of getting an additional spell from a druid...
    While the druid, as their lvl 87 spell, they get Symbiosis - So for a druid, what we copy from you (do take note, copy, not steal, and often the case, a lesser version of what you already have) and that's what we get.

But you on the other hand, you get your lvl 87 spell, and ontop of that, if you have a druid trowing Symbiosis on you, you get another spell! like zomg, it's so unfair for you! :O Just saying...