Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SWTOR: Insane server queues(EU)

As the message says, i am very frustrated atm as i spend like 40mins last night waiting and 50mins the night before . I never rememmeber the queues being that high ever since on launch. Whats going on ? Has Bioware decreased the number of players that is allowed to be online / server?
    My server is Tomb of freedon nadd[ EU ].

Didn't they just send out a free month for patch 1.2 to everyone that quit?? I'm pretty sure your queues will go away when everyone quits again once that free time ends.

That only occured for active subscribers already , they didnt give it to newcomers . I see increased lvl13-25 like 320people on starting areas etc. :O
    Wtf is going on

Deleted
    Assumedly youre on Hand of Freedom Nad. Basically everyone has got tired of their server being dead and so is rerolling on hand!

EDIT: Oh yeah its Tomb not Hand, not sure why I keep getting confuseded about that =[
    Last edited by mmocccd4d485ac; 2012-04-17 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xeonix View Post
    That only occured for active subscribers already , they didnt give it to newcomers . I see increased lvl13-25 like 320people on starting areas etc. :O
    Wtf is going on
    The game is cool, enjoyable, now runs very smooth, has a awesome leveling experience and has some challenging content at 50.

This is what's going on ^^

My server is Tomb of freedon nadd[ EU ].
    Here is your problem...

ToFN is the only "full" EU server. Going after the some server Stats side, ToFN is on 59% (or a 2,53 rating), while the 2nd fullest EU-Server on Heavy (Jedi Tower) is at 47.4% (or a 2.00) rating.

Add in that there's currently a f2p week (that's what currently going on), and ToFN has always been the fullest server, many people come to take a look again, some might be old ToFN players, and some might find their old server deserted, they'll stick with the only "full" server.

So i will have to live with 50mins queue times from now on for ever?

Everyone and their grandmother rerolled on ToFN, making mid population server become low population and give longer and longer queues on the one server, what the game needs now more than anything is a couple of weeks with no restriction transfers and announced closure of the lower half of the servers.

Be grateful for those ques, the alternative is horrible. I am lucky if we have 100 people on our station at peak hours. I cannot wait for server transfers.

But yes, the increase is probably because allot of people have come back to the game, like me

Yes please. /signed.

So i will have to live with 50mins queue times from now on for ever?
    IF you stay on ToFN, yes. As i posted, the server is the ONLY full server.

what the game needs now more than anything is a couple of weeks with no restriction transfers and announced closure of the lower half of the servers.
    Have fun with the Legacy System and Server Merges...

Well now that i think of it, some peeps that i havent seen for along time are now comin back. I pressume is the 1.2 fever or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    Have fun with the Legacy System and Server Merges...
    Why do you think it's taken them so long to get transfers done...

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Im not too sad about the queues..
    If i find myself in the queue of +700 ppl (50-55mins), i just put on a episode of some tv-series and watch
    1 episode of a 45min show, or 2 episodes of 20mins shows, just enough time to watch and get something to eat/drink before actually getting in

Wtf is going on
    Anyone who had bought at least 1 month of sub time got the free period. I know this because I got it, and my sub ran out in Feb
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Anyone who had bought at least 1 month of sub time got the free period. I know this because I got it, and my sub ran out in Feb
    And for those who didn't go past the free month at launch, they got 3 free days starting today.

According to all predictions and wow/gw/d3/starcraft/halokitty fanz the game should have died months ago. I was psychologically prepared for empty servers and now u give me THIS! I hate you, i hate you all!!!

Deleted
    Your server is the EU Fatman.

Everyone rolled there because they didn't want to be on a "dead" server. Knew this would happen when 1.2 came out. Don't know why the re-rollers didn't think of this.

According to all predictions and wow/gw/d3/starcraft/halokitty fanz the game should have died months ago. I was psychologically prepared for empty servers and now u give me THIS! I hate you, i hate you all!!!
    The game obviously won't die, but you'd have to be extremely ignorant, to not realise that throwing that much free playtime at previous players is a horrible sign, the game is not even 6 months old, and they're struggling to get the players who left back again.
    Imho, they should have waited till patch 1.4 or 1.5ish, I tried it again and my issues with it is not changed whatsoever, and won't be fixed with a single patch, I doubt the majority of players left, because the game lacked the Legacy feature, sadly it just shows that swtor is beeing run by an extrenely inexperienced and incompetent mmo crew, which is a damn shame :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Been said already...

Every server is basically dead apart from Tomb of Freedom Nadd.

I would happily queue to be on a busy server, instead I'm on dead Ahto City, which says standard, but standard means light in BWs eyes.