Deleted

Drake of the North Wind - Priesty Luck

You know when you just gotta share something.... well.. i gotta share something.

Yesterday i was farming Vortex Pinnacle for the Drake of the North wind. Pretty much had the run nailed down to a fine art, takes me bang on 15 minutes (no shadowmeld /sad face). I'm pretty sure that its impossible to do it any faster than the way i do it.

Anyway... woot... mount dropped for me after 49 runs.

This morning i woke up and having a day off thought "hey, I'll video myself doin the perfect run".

So i go ahead, and record myself smashing the place down in 15 minutes (with a pee break after the first boss).

You can guess what happened,it dropped AGAIN - i guess now i'll just have to delete the second one :/ (cant post links... i'm sure youre clever enough)

w w w.youtube.com/watch?v=_L4xnV1dEpY&context=C4869e9aADvjVQa1PpcFM-ROOWWHW7SgV-zObBb02WU0EqKZ2Bn-0=
    Last edited by mmoc4dea2b911c; 2012-04-17 at 02:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Congratulations!

I have only run Vortex Pinnacle 17 times, but have yet to see the Drake drop.

Funny that yours dropped yesterday...I queued for VP to finally get Extra Credit Bonus Stage, I entered a group that just finished killing this boss, the mount dropped, tank won and players left because they didn't win. As soon as I got in I asked if we could try and get all five orbs, the party ignored me...after we finished the last boss I stayed to get orbs. I was surprised to see the tank (that had won the Drake) stay to help with my Achievement. Sure I wasn't there for the mount drop, but glad he was the one to win the roll, he didn't have to stay and help. Wish more players acted like this tank and helped others even if it takes a few mins more.

Interesting vid.
    Would you mind posting your spec etc? Or nothing out of the ordinary.

Good job and grats
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

I actually saw it drop for the first time the other day. I was just doing a normal with a friend of mine who is trying to level up to 85. I won the roll but afterwards opened trade and just gave it to him. He was like holy shit dude you dont have to do that! It was no big deal to me, it is just nice seeing one of my longtime friends playing again, and I figured a gesture like that might keep him around, which is more important to me than the mount.

Congrats on your luck OP!

Congrats! I solo it sometimes on my rogue, under 5 minutes. Done around 50 kills so far I guess without any drop:/
    Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H-B3 Rev 1.3 | G.Skill 8GB CL9 1600Mhz Ripjaws Gaming | Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4,2GHz | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 460 1024MB OC @ 850/1700/2100 | Cooler Master Elite 430 | 1TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ x2 | Corsair HX 750W 80+ Silver Modulär.
    Battlefield 3 profil: Brexour

Have it on my lock. Still trying on my Priest.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Samaramon View Post
    Interesting vid.
    Would you mind posting your spec etc? Or nothing out of the ordinary.

Good job and grats
    Standard raiding spec. Although if someone is struggling i'd advise speccing into horror and silence, and glyphing dispersion maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by lostdog4 View Post
    Standard raiding spec. Although if someone is struggling i'd advise speccing into horror and silence, and glyphing dispersion maybe.
    Yeah i only asked because I noticed you fear them often So good to know, will try this out ^_^
    http://samaramon.co/
    My transmog & misc. blog!

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol grats! I only run Vortex once in awhile with a friend to see if it drops, I have yet to build the patience to farm for it regularly x]

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I managed to get it out of the normal version on my Priest while I was still leveling him, on the first or second run. It is a very awesome mount!

Deleted
    i wish i had your patience (and your luck)

grats!

For people who hate work

I strongly dislike you right now But congrats

Working a charm.

OT. Am I seeing correct that you're using 15 sec Invis potions? Had to go for 18 sec potions myself since I can't seem to reach the stairs otherwise. Maybe I push it too soon, I dunno. Still. Since I'm an Pot Master I don't really mind. Got shitloads of the stuff hehe

*EDIT*
    Was a mistake in my post.
    Last edited by Karei; 2012-04-17 at 08:03 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Karei View Post
    Working a charm.

OT. Am I seeing correct that you're using 15 sec Invis potions? Had to go for 15 sec potions myself since I can't seem to reach the stairs otherwise. Maybe I push it too soon, I dunno. Still. Since I'm an Pot Master I don't really mind. Got shitloads of the stuff hehe
    Yeah I used 'lesser invisibility potion' for 15 seconds.

Incidentally I switch to inner will and have lava walking on my boots aswell. But yes, you pop it REALLY late.

If it becomes a pain I suggest popping CD's on the Prince in the first pack and fearing the 2 accompanying mobs while you kill him. You can use the 'spots you and plays dead' add near them to stack your orbs and get your Fiend off CD.

There are never any 18 seconds potions on my Auction House

For those who can't be bothered to use/buy invis pots and don't realy care about the time you do it in:

Just jump down the edge as soon as you are about to die on any trash. When you get ported, run back and kill the rest.

Yes, I'm lacking gold atm :>
    Last edited by eErike; 2012-04-17 at 07:21 PM.

That is indeed a way of doing it.