Deleted

Dispelable spells

Hi m8s..I'm new at WoW and i only joined for the arena..i ve been playing 2 months and i ve reached 1,5 rating. (2 vs 2) but now we r stuck..my p keeps telling me that my problem is agressive dispel..i dont know what spells,buffs,heals i can dispel from opponets...so can u help me by making a list for each class with all that i can dispel..ty in advance!

10+ Year Old Account
    Full of addons which will show you which debuffs on the target you can dispell. Try a search on curse and I'm sure you'll find something. I think there might be something in the regular settings on wow too.

A few spells in particular you may not want to dispel. An affliction warlock can use Unstable Affliction, which will cause you a small amount of damage, and more importantly it will silence your for 4 seconds if you dispel it. A shadow priest can use Vampiric Touch, which can cause you (and anyone close to you) to get feared for 3 seconds if you dispel it. In both of those cases, dispelling may lead you into a CC chain or incapacitate you enough to kill your partner, or you.

Other cases would be Flame Shock from an elemental shaman. If you dispel it, they can get a huge haste buff, so expect incoming burst damage if you do. Death Knights, any spec, can take a talent that gives them runes back if you dispel diseases, which would allow them to use certain offensive abilities more often. Unholy DKs can also take a talent to give their diseases immunity from being dispelled for 10secs after a death coil.

Regarding offensive dispel, the buffs you can dispel are "glowing" in the current version of the game. Things you shouldn't offensive dispel are resto druids lifebloom stacks and such when your not hardnuking, because dispel magic costs a lot of mana, and lifebloom blooms (heals) when dispelled. Grace stacks and suck are pretty useless to dispel aswell. Just get rid of things like buffs in the beginning of the game, then redispel if they rebuff. Remove Power word: shield of the kill target right before hard nuking.

Especially important to remove fear wards from other disc priests faster than they can remove yours, so u can fear the first. A little trick here is to inner focus when you are in range of eachother (then he cant dispel anything in the duration of the strength of soul).

And ofcourse offensive dispel Divine Shields of Paladins and Ice Block of mages with mass dispel. (you should have the glyph of reduced cast time on mass dispels)

Deleted
    Warrior = nothing
    Druid = Innervate, Predatorial Strikes, Nature's Grasp (if you play with melee dps).
    Hunter = You could dispel some of the pet abilities, but usually not worth it.
    Mage = Iceblock(MD) and maybe icy veins to if you can find time.
    Rogue = Nothing
    Priest = Fear Ward
    Pala = Hand of Sacrifice, Hand of Protection, Hand of Freedom, Divine Shield(MD), Divine plea, Blessing of kings/might off the dps.
    Warlock = Demonsoul
    Shaman = Nothing
    DK = Nothing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yilar View Post
    Warrior = nothing
    Druid = Innervate, Predatorial Strikes, Nature's Grasp (if you play with melee dps).
    Rogue = Nothing
    Priest = Fear Ward
    Pala = Hand of Sacrifice, Hand of Protection, Hand of Freedom, Divine Shield(MD), Divine plea, Blessing of kings/might off the dps.
    Warlock = Demonsoul
    Shaman = Nothing
    DK = Nothing
    Priest also Fortitude, Shadow Protection, PW:Shield, Power Infusion, (and if I'm not mistaken) Inner Focus
    Mage - intelect buff

You can also use MD smart to keep enemy healers from drinking after pillars or to get people out of stealth (though you can also use holy nova or mind sear on your mate for that). Be careful though because it costs quite a lot of mana.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArekuD View Post
    Priest also Fortitude, Shadow Protection, PW:Shield, Power Infusion, (and if I'm not mistaken) Inner Focus
    Mage - intelect buff
    Also buffs that matter little or not at all. Shadow protection is a dummy buff! The others I listed are the ones you really need to watch for.

Also buffs that matter little or not at all. Shadow protection is a dummy buff! The others I listed are the ones you really need to watch for.
    Shadow Protection is probably one of the most important buffs to remove if you play with a lock or if you are a shadow priest yourself.

And in any other situation you'll want to dispel it if you can so you have a easier time to remove the right buff when the time is needed.

---------- Post added 2012-04-18 at 12:04 PM ----------

Warrior = nothing
    Rogue = Nothing
    Priest = Fear Ward
    Warlock = Demonsoul
    Shaman = Nothing
    DK = Nothing
    Removing spirit walkers grace from a shaman is like interrupting one of his heals and can be a make it or break it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    Shadow Protection is probably one of the most important buffs to remove if you play with a lock or if you are a shadow priest yourself.

And in any other situation you'll want to dispel it if you can so you have a easier time to remove the right buff when the time is needed

Removing spirit walkers grace from a shaman is like interrupting one of his heals and can be a make it or break it.
    Who are these warlocks or shadowpriests without spell penetration?... And the "other situations" you mention say it's a dummy buff. It's nice to remove but nothing major that you really need to look out for. I guess I could add Spirit walkers grace to the list though, though it is kidda a shame that shamans usually come with 2-3 dummy buffs you have to get rid of first.

You will ofc have spell pen, but you'll still want the buff gone considering that undeads (shadow res) are one of the most common enemies in the arena, not to mention mages with mage armor up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by eErike View Post
    You will ofc have spell pen, but you'll still want the buff gone considering that undeads (shadow res) are one of the most common enemies in the arena, not to mention mages with mage armor up.
    Neck/Cloak easily covers any spell pen needs you can ever encounter (except for aura mastery resistance, which is never used anyway).